PDA

View Full Version : 416's burning a lot of oil! whats wrong?

DVS_Freestyler
07-29-2003, 04:56 AM
think i just need a new piston and rings? im constantly adding oil. the head gasket leaks but not bad. i cant seam to get this engine as reliable as i thought. any suggestions??

derek

07-29-2003, 05:39 AM
i would say get a new OEM head gasket..spray it with copper gasket sealant in an aerosol can..and replace the piston rings

Colby@C&DRacing
07-29-2003, 08:49 AM
First you need to tear the motor down and have the cylinder wall to piston skirt measured if the clearance is more than 3 thousands of an inch new rings will not fix your oil burner. if it is between 2 or 3 thousands of an inch you can have a cross hatch put in the cylinder and install a new set of rings. I would not use an oem gasket it is just like the standard cometic gasket and needs to be retorgued after breakin. I have a custum steel flex gasket made that does not need to ever be retorgued.:)

Doibugu2
07-29-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
does not need to ever be retorgued.:)

:confused: You been giving price quotes to slapnutz lately?

UglyMotha™
07-29-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
:confused: You been giving price quotes to slapnutz lately?

not only did he misspell it once, but twice :eek2:

:blah:

Colby@C&DRacing
07-29-2003, 09:09 AM
I have never claimed to be a good speller:D but it does get the point acrossed:D

UglyMotha™
07-29-2003, 09:11 AM
one smart feller he was smart
two smart fellars they were smart
three smart fellers they all were smart

say that three times fast :o :huh

07-29-2003, 09:27 AM
I noticed mine's been a little low on oil after a long ride..but it's not leakin and i don't think it smokes either... I've asked several guys if they've noticed it smokin and they said no.. SO i have no idea.... piss on it....:blah:

Doibugu2
07-29-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Rico
piss on it....:blah:

I did that a couple of times between beers.

07-29-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I did that a couple of times between beers.

:cuss:

Next time i ride yo fo wheeela i'm rollin the POS....:scary:

MOFO
07-29-2003, 12:47 PM
:cuss:

Next time i ride yo fo wheeela i'm rollin the POS....:scary:

I dont think you would do that.

Now if you said, your gonna ride his fowheeler and blow all of his tires out on rocks...then I'd believe that. :eek:

Pappy
07-29-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by VWVR6
Now if you said, your gonna ride his fowheeler and blow all of his tires out on rocks...then I'd believe that. :eek:

:uhoh:

Colby@C&DRacing
07-30-2003, 06:41 AM
Rico If you run a synthetic oil and the tolerances get a little wide on the 416 it burns some oil but doesn't smoke. My wifes 416 is a little out of tolerance right now and burns some oil but you can not even smell it. I am just wait for winter to put in a 426.:)

Doibugu2
07-30-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
I dont think you would do that.

That makes more sense if Rico rides it. But if he were to show Bradley how to start it, it might end up off a cliff.

(thought to self, get insurance before next years ride)

07-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
Rico If you run a synthetic oil and the tolerances get a little wide on the 416 it burns some oil but doesn't smoke. My wifes 416 is a little out of tolerance right now and burns some oil but you can not even smell it. I am just wait for winter to put in a 426.:)

Thanks colby... Makes sense to me.. Sounds like Dusty's is doin the exact same thing as mine..:)

user101
07-30-2003, 07:18 AM
I noticed mine's been a little low on oil after a long ride..but it's not leakin and i don't think it smokes either... I've asked several guys if they've noticed it smokin and they said no.. SO i have no idea.... piss on it....:blah:

same thing happens to me