PDA

View Full Version : Project Flattracker

dirtmomma
07-29-2003, 04:51 AM
Well we went & got the new motor for our new winter project flattracker for me!!! WE picked up a XR600:blah: motor this weekend for a steal $120 it's a runner, the hubby rode the bike before they tore the motor out & it's got some power!! No smoke, no oil burning so it should be good thing, we'll go thru & do basic maintenance on it but she's ready to run!!! We are putting it in a 400 frame, we've already got plus the swingarm, sooooo we will be looking for front end parts sometime soon this quad is going to be a blast to build, we built our blaster from the ground up so we should beable to handle this LOL!!! I still can't believe my hubby actually agreed to this for ME!!!!!! Guess he loves me hahahaha I know that was corny LOL Well we'll keep ya posted on how this project goes, wish us luck!!!:)

Glow Plug
07-29-2003, 05:14 AM
:eek2: soundsl ike its going to be fasssttt :D

OCCRA288
07-29-2003, 06:11 AM
I thought for a Flat Track bike you wanted a shorter swinger???? I dunno though. Good Luck with it and keep us informed!

dirtmomma
07-29-2003, 07:54 AM
Thanks we'll be running a stock 400 swingarm!!

JTRtrx250r
07-29-2003, 01:24 PM
man....I used to find deals like that around this area when I was a kid.....now they're alot harder to come by haha,sounds like its gonna be a beast,I'll have to check that 1 out,should be easy to notice.......w a 30ft roost comming off the back:D

are you sure Mike,Sandy and Butch wont give you flak for throwing all the dirt outta the track,lol...they did me haha,good luck w/ that project;)

dirtmomma
07-30-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
man....I used to find deals like that around this area when I was a kid.....now they're alot harder to come by haha,sounds like its gonna be a beast,I'll have to check that 1 out,should be easy to notice.......w a 30ft roost comming off the back:D

are you sure Mike,Sandy and Butch wont give you flak for throwing all the dirt outta the track,lol...they did me haha,good luck w/ that project;)

:p :devil: :blah: I think it's gonna be a BLAST!!!!! Yeah it probably will be throwing roost!! WooHoo:D