PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield DVD problems

07-29-2003, 03:52 AM
Anyone that has a PS2. See if you can watch the DVD in it.

When i try to watch it,,the damn screen jumps and i can't even watch it. I can watch it on a PC here at work but for some reason i can't on my PS2. I had VWVR6 try it on his ps2 and he said it worked.. any ideas wtf the problem is???:mad:

I've had my PS2 about 1.5 years...:ermm:

Pappy
07-29-2003, 03:56 AM
yeah i have a problem also:mad:

we cant stop watching it:blah: :p

XANDADA
07-29-2003, 04:03 AM
Kinda dumb but try cleaning the lens on the ps2, mine skips & freezes when it gets dirty...

07-29-2003, 04:09 AM
well it plays movies just fine and i've never had a problem with it.

It's just this got damn burnt dvd,,which is the first one i've ever tried using on the ps2.

I called sony and they said to make sure it's plugged directly into the tv and not thru the vcr or stereo so i'll try that when i get home i guess.:ermm:

Striker49
07-29-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Rico
well it plays movies just fine and i've never had a problem with it.

It's just this got damn burnt dvd,,which is the first one i've ever tried using on the ps2.

I called sony and they said to make sure it's plugged directly into the tv and not thru the vcr or stereo so i'll try that when i get home i guess.:ermm:

Yeah, most tv's come with RCA jacks...but when you hook it up just remember to put it on the right channel. :p
Ill letcha know how mine works....if dennis will ever get his payment plan down. :mad:

UglyMotha™
07-29-2003, 05:47 AM
mine works good on the ps2

Striker49
07-29-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
mine works good on the ps2

Now that I sit and think about it... Rico, it helps to watch it when you arent drunk off yer ***. I know you arent drinking at work and you said it was working fine. :ermm: Spilling beer on the PS2 is not going to help things either. :scary:

07-29-2003, 05:58 AM
my playstation does that with some movies for no reason

07-29-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Striker49
Now that I sit and think about it... Rico, it helps to watch it when you arent drunk off yer ***. I know you arent drinking at work and you said it was working fine. :ermm: Spilling beer on the PS2 is not going to help things either. :scary:

it would seem blurry if i was drunk but the screen jumping from spot to spot would be caused by some kind of LSD type drug i think:eek:

Doibugu2
07-29-2003, 06:00 AM
Ive read a couple of different places, that your not supposed to use your PS2 a lot for DVD's. They seem to screw up after awhile.

MOFO
07-29-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Rico

Dont even bother wasting your time with this Rico. A video signal is a video signal. If you can play games and watch other movies, your video signal is making it to your video display (TV) just fine.

I have heard of some playstations that are not able to play burnt audio CD's because they are an early version of the PS2 internal software. I dont know much about this at all... and I'm sure Sony is not going to admit they released PS2's with different version ROM's.

MOFO
07-29-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Ive read a couple of different places, that your not supposed to use your PS2 a lot for DVD's. They seem to screw up after awhile.

this is because the PS2 generates a good bit of heat and after extended use (watching movies) its gonna decrease the life span of the unit. Not a good image for Sony, so they dont recommend the PS2 as your only DVD unit.

Also dust can cause havok with the PS2...I would try cleaning the lense. Make sure you dont just buy a CD cleaner and use it. The PS2 has two lenses, one for CD's and the other for DVD's. If you use the CD cleaner, it wont clean the needed DVD laser. Just pull the mofo apart, get some good cotton q-tips and some alcohol and clean it up. :D

Note: When I say alcohol, I dont mean booze! :devil:

Pappy
07-29-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
and some alcohol and clean it up. :D

well chit:macho there reason for rico to get drunk WITH his ps2:eek: he will never watch this dvd now:blah:

Striker49
07-29-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
well chit:macho there reason for rico to get drunk WITH his ps2:eek: he will never watch this dvd now:blah:

Roflmgdao! Hahaha, it'll be like that time he tried to fix his toilet and it took him 2 hours b/c he kept drinking one after another. :blah:

VWV is right. When you play DVDs it plays non-stop for 2-3 hours sometimes and things tend to get a little toasty. If you play games in it, they have loading periods to give it a "cool-down" period so to say so its not continuously running. Therefore playing so many DVDs will only wear it out, thats why they dont recommend you using it as a sole DVD player. :cool:

Doibugu2
07-29-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Striker49
VWV is right. When you play DVDs it plays non-stop for 2-3 hours sometimes and things tend to get a little toasty. If you play games in it, they have loading periods to give it a "cool-down" period so to say so its not continuously running. Therefore playing so many DVDs will only wear it out, thats why they dont recommend you using it as a sole DVD player. :cool:

Thanks for posting the explination to VW'dub's post. I was just going to ask what the difference was between playing a game and a movie.

Doibugu2
07-29-2003, 06:34 AM

Note: When I say alcohol, I dont mean booze! :devil:

Rico, you can probably use some of that moonshine you got laying around.

07-29-2003, 06:42 AM
Rico, you can probably use some of that moonshine you got laying around.

That's a BIG negative....that stuff is mine and only mine...:grr:

user101
07-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Rico mine does the same thing.

Heres ho to fix the problem

plug it directly into the TV!!! i am still using the 3 wire plug up. on my tv i have to plug it inot the back but some plug up into the front. when u run the PS2 through the VCR it creates to much electrical resistance.

MOFO
07-29-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by user101
Rico mine does the same thing.

Heres ho to fix the problem

plug it directly into the TV!!! i am still using the 3 wire plug up. on my tv i have to plug it into the back but some plug up into the front. when u run the PS2 through the VCR it creates to much electrical resistance.

I've seen VCR's take away from the signal, but no where NEAR enough to cause it to pause 1-2 seconds or jump around like he describes. If it plays other movies fine and plays games fine, with his current wiring layout, the video signal is making it through. I VERY much highly doubt this is the problem. (nice grammer, eh?) If this problem existed with all other PS2 stuff, then I would agree something is messing with the signal, but this problem happens with only one DVD that is burnt via PC. I still think his problem resides with the PS2.

But, just to make Sony happy, I would plug it directly into your TV. Stranger things have happened... :confused:

07-29-2003, 09:18 AM

But, just to make Sony happy, I would plug it directly into your TV. Stranger things have happened... :confused:

IT's gonna get plugged or shoved up somebodies *** if i don't get it workin soon...:mad:

But i did reserve our training room that has a huge plasma flat screen TV in it. so me and the guys in my group at work are gonna watch it at lunch tommorrow...:D

brokeitin3
07-29-2003, 09:34 AM
its proably the operator. you do got to turn it on. duh!!!!

Pappy
07-29-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by brokeitin3
its proably the operator. you do got to turn it on. duh!!!!

funny...thats what we all heard come from your tent at hatfield:D

07-29-2003, 09:41 AM
funny...thats what we all heard come from your tent at hatfield:D

DOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :o

Pappy
07-29-2003, 09:44 AM
ive never heard one sound like a pissed off weedeater before...i was skeert:(

brokeitin3
07-29-2003, 09:46 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

MOFO
07-29-2003, 09:46 AM
ive never heard one sound like a pissed off weedeater before...i was skeert:(

LMFAO... it sounded meaner than XANDADA's pissed off 250R! :eek2:

I thought he was just clearing his quad out in the middle of the night... guess I was wrong. :confused:

07-29-2003, 09:49 AM
I"M glad i was drunk and didn't realize what was goin on... Was the urban legend around their tent????

XANDADA
07-29-2003, 09:56 AM
LMFAO... it sounded meaner than XANDADA's pissed off 250R! :eek2:

I thought he was just clearing his quad out in the middle of the night... guess I was wrong. :confused:

The R sounds like a baby compared to whatever was gettin rev'd over there.:uhoh: By the sound of it that baby was ported for bottum end!:eek: :huh

monkeyboy
07-29-2003, 09:59 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

u an u gurll izz bussted brokitboy :devil:

u talle her 2 comm c da maccho man fer a goood timz.;)

CUZ'n
07-29-2003, 10:02 AM
nex tim u cum an i let her ridee my sportr :macho she be reedy for luvn den:D

cdalejef
07-29-2003, 10:03 AM
:ermm:

brokeitin3
07-29-2003, 10:34 AM
can just bite my 2 apples of a hiney!!!!!!!!!you are just jealous cauz IM THE MAN. IM THE MAN. IM THE MAN. :cool: :cool: hey rico, (Whatcha gonna do when "ONE BAD SKAGGS" runs wild all over you??????)

Doibugu2
07-29-2003, 10:45 AM
can just bite my 2 apples of a hiney!!!!!!!!!you are just jealous cauz IM THE MAN. IM THE MAN. IM THE MAN. :cool: :cool: hey rico, (Whatcha gonna do when "ONE BAD SKAGGS" runs wild all over you??????)

Run to the doctor because he is going to have skabies!

07-29-2003, 12:24 PM
Run to the doctor because he is going to have skabies!

LMFAO....yeah what Dougy said :blah:

user101
07-29-2003, 02:06 PM
I've seen VCR's take away from the signal, but no where NEAR enough to cause it to pause 1-2 seconds or jump around like he describes. If it plays other movies fine and plays games fine, with his current wiring layout, the video signal is making it through. I VERY much highly doubt this is the problem. (nice grammer, eh?) If this problem existed with all other PS2 stuff, then I would agree something is messing with the signal, but this problem happens with only one DVD that is burnt via PC. I still think his problem resides with the PS2.

it works for me.

my games play fine when i run it through the VCR but the DVD's jump around and pause.

MEL
07-29-2003, 02:29 PM
plug it directly into the tv, should fix all your problems. well, maybe not all of your problems.

wyndzer
07-29-2003, 02:45 PM
Rico, shut up and quit ******in already!!!!