PDA

View Full Version : Warrior jetting problems!?

Drtridr18
07-28-2003, 11:27 PM
Buddy has an '01 Warrior, cut airbox lid, K&N Power kit, and E-Series slip-on. We jetted it during the winter time per K&N/Dynojet specs, with the DJ148 main, and whatever else...it seemed to run decent. Lately it has been free-reving fine in neutral, but when you would be riding, it would seem to load up when you got near full throttle. So we put a DJ144 main in there, much better riding and running all around, but if you stab the gas from idle, it won't just sputter, it will die out...now if you have the revs going, it will respond fine...just wants to die when you crank it open from idle.

What does this sound like to you? Thanks for the help-please reply!!

Justin

ryanh250ex
07-29-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Drtridr18
Buddy has an '01 Warrior, cut airbox lid, K&N Power kit, and E-Series slip-on. We jetted it during the winter time per K&N/Dynojet specs, with the DJ148 main, and whatever else...it seemed to run decent. Lately it has been free-reving fine in neutral, but when you would be riding, it would seem to load up when you got near full throttle. So we put a DJ144 main in there, much better riding and running all around, but if you stab the gas from idle, it won't just sputter, it will die out...now if you have the revs going, it will respond fine...just wants to die when you crank it open from idle.

What does this sound like to you? Thanks for the help-please reply!!

Justin

hmm....i'm no expert on Warriors, but i'm pretty good at jetting, so let's see if i can help you out.

try moving the e-clip on the jet needle down a notch or two. i had the exact same problem with my 250ex and even though i think i still need to go bigger on the main, after i moved the clip from the middle down to the 5th lowest position, it got ALOT better.

try this and reply back with your findings.

Good luck,
Ryan