PDA

View Full Version : sponsors

Out_Sider
07-28-2003, 05:55 PM
How do u get a sponsor?? Cuz i want to start racing MX with my 300ex. I was just wondering wut i would have to do, to get a sponsorship.

intruder
07-29-2003, 12:24 AM
keep winning

ex kid
07-29-2003, 01:57 AM
a sponser is going to look at you and say can he represent my busniess in a good way. in other words if i went to HMF and said in my last season i placed in the top ten, 3 races out of 10 races, they would probably tell me no. BUT if i said i placed in the top three,7 races out of 10 races they would most likely give me some suppport.

MXcutie
07-29-2003, 06:49 AM
have a resume, pics and maybe a video of you racing... that's what most sponsors want.... but deff. a resume of your finishes and what tracks you raced at... if your under 16 you better off to just forget it....

rowlrag
07-29-2003, 04:39 PM
Keep racin and don't quit 6 months outa the year, get real good and most the time they will come to you. I've been racin 7 years with a few class championships, and i don't get nothin free, and I don't expect it, so if you end up at least getting parts at cost, be happy. :)

Out_Sider
07-30-2003, 06:26 AM
well im 13 right now... But if i start racing and come in the top five out of everyrace (its kinda doubtfull but...) i Maybe could get a sponsor ship?¿

MXcutie
07-30-2003, 08:26 AM
You have to be 16 to ride the quad you do right?! and your only racing outlaw tracks right?! You still have a while to wait till a sponsor will even look at you... if you have to be 16 and your only running outlaws and nothing to far away they prob wont even look at you... I do the resume of John Natalie who is my cuz and i've done them for my little my brother and other cuz and before they turned 16 they didnt get anything off of anyone b/c they were riding bikes that you couldnt ride till you were 16 and they werent racing nationals and things of that sort.... sponsors want their names all over just not in small local towns in your area... you can give it a try but i would say your not goin to get anything at all

AtvMxRider
07-30-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
well im 13 right now... But if i start racing and come in the top five out of everyrace (its kinda doubtfull but...) i Maybe could get a sponsor ship?¿

If you do get a sponsership don't expect them to just give you free stuff cause it's not going to happen. Most of the time you just get a discount on there products.

Out_Sider
07-30-2003, 11:51 AM
well thats wut im talking about, NOt a sponsor that will give me free stuff, but just a discount. Brad Z (on this site) has a sponsorship with AC and they give him free stuff.

kicker696
07-30-2003, 04:05 PM
2 things, one if brad z has a sponcership, then he isn't suppose to say what that sponcer does for him, and 2 my little bro is 13 and is sponcered by janssen racing, also my sponcer, and has numerous others lined up, its not just about age, its about winnings mostly, also, my brother rides a blaster in quad c, and junior class

MXcutie
07-31-2003, 02:38 AM
see the sponsors told us even tho my cuz Josh was out kicking everyones *** and winning hte points in B class it didnt matter he was 13 and running a quad that you had to be 16 to run... they wouldnt even look at him till he turn 16 and now the sponsors wont leave him alone... granted anymore we wont even hit a local track unless it's on a non-national weekend b/c then the fast kids are goin to be there