PDA

View Full Version : What size main?

01-20-2002, 06:22 PM
I just got back from testing my new e-series pro-meg. Runs great, pulls hard from bottom to top. I checked out the plug though and it was white (after about 1/2 to and hour of riding.) Right now I have a 152 main in. Should I move up a size? or could it be my needle jet?

2qk4u
01-20-2002, 11:11 PM
I just got done putting on my new e- series full system and as of right now i have a 158 main jet in it and it runs great. after a couple of hours of riding i pulled the plug out and foung it still white also. looks the same as when i had the 155 main it right before the 158. the bike shop here told me to just ride it and it will be fine. he said you cant really go by the plug color anymore these days with the additive they have in them. I'm still leary about it. I even thought about going with a 42 pilot jet but my friend tols me i would just end up changing it back this summer,because it will start to run rich when it warms up outside. so as of right now i have a 158 main and stock needle setting. i think i might go with a 160 main and try that since my plug looks so clean. if you come up with any new ideas please let me know. do you go to waynoko much? I live in wichita.

01-20-2002, 11:21 PM
Hmm.....sounds like my 152 is way too lean, too bad the shop is closed tommorow. Do you think I will be safe running for a few hours?

Yeah Ive been there a few times, i need to buy a set of paddles though. I think im gonna go here in the next month or so, and ill be there spring break.

2qk4u
01-20-2002, 11:42 PM
yeah you will be ok. Do you have the full system. i would at least go to a 155 for a slip-on and a 158- 160 for the full system. i hope to go back to thew little sahara soon. i plan on trying that park in stillwater soon also. i heard it ok. has 600 acres i guess. lot of woods riding. well if i can help in any way let me know

01-20-2002, 11:56 PM
Yes I have the full system. Ive never been to the park in stillwater, heard about it though. You should come down here for some of the cross country races, although most would be quite a drive for you.

2qk4u
01-21-2002, 12:02 AM
is there very many woods riding places there? Im not afraid toi drive anywhere as long as its worth driving too. do you have a lot of good places to go. like to ride in the woods. how do you like your exhast? i love mine. just kinda concerned about the plug myself. let me know about the riding there.

01-21-2002, 02:32 PM
I just got back from about 3 hours of riding, the header pipes turned blue. Is that normal?

2qk4u
01-21-2002, 06:35 PM
you better bring up the jet size. blue is not good. try a 158. thats what i got in right now and might even go to a 160.

Wheelie
01-22-2002, 09:25 AM
It wouldn't hurt to step up to a 40 or 42 pilot jet......start out with the 158mj and go from there.