PDA

View Full Version : whats the best 416 426 440

hook
07-28-2003, 03:07 PM
whats up fellow riders iam getting ready to do buildup and would like some ideals an specs on the best motor for woods riding with plenty of power thanks for all info.:D

stupid driver
07-28-2003, 03:51 PM
sparks definately has my vote. but your gonna be emptying yoour piggy bank to pay for it.

TT 400ex
07-28-2003, 04:52 PM
i would have to agree with sparks too i have the 416 national kit it flies. i race tt in ca and have many people comment on haw fast it is it will keep up with many modded bikes

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-29-2003, 04:23 AM
I think a regular 416 kit will give you what you are looking for
Piston, gaskets, cam, maybe valve seals you are looking at close to $300 and maybe a carb later on and of course a full exhaust system.

mx400
07-29-2003, 04:33 AM
go with a 416 GNCC kit not the 416 National. the 416 GNCC has more bottom end punch than the national kit. also the national kit is made for some light woods riding. i would go with sparks for your motor anyways. but deciding between the two kits will be your choice

Dave400ex
07-29-2003, 04:38 AM
I would also look into TC and FDO. They both make great motors.

hook
07-29-2003, 04:40 AM
how about the hrc cam :confused:

greco400
07-29-2003, 06:54 AM
Hey im getting the same thing im going to call up sparks get my 416 piston Je or ross 10.8 :1 compression because im running on pump gas and getting a web cam ( not hot cam their junk) and heavy duty vavles and a sparks x-6 pipe. Ive been told by a couple nice cool people that this set up will fly!:D A port and polsih would also help the motor too! For my sakes im gettin hinso clutch basket and pressure plate for the clutch to last a lot longer In a couple years i'll be racing b/c i cant race when im 14 16 the limit in my area :( And if you could it would aslo not help is a bigger oil cooler or the fst to cool your engine down and air scoops would help that to be safe in the long run it worth it. I called a company and they said what my setup is it wil be flying and pretty loud so im glad. The only thing is you need the suspension and that what kills me my buget im spending no more then 3500 trying to stay under 3k. the motor mods sould no be now more than 800 dallors i think not posstive i dont know what your labor wil be around your area shops Im no mroe than 1000 gran on suspension and like 1000 in other stuff tires dress up stuff ect so good luck

bmw500hp
07-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
I think a regular 416 kit will give you what you are looking for
Piston, gaskets, cam, maybe valve seals you are looking at close to $300 and maybe a carb later on and of course a full exhaust system.

yup, that 416 below all told, bout 300 bucks. If you build it with a web and Ross, you will have a very similar motor. You could spend lots more money but I have rode 416's people spent over a 1200 bucks that arn't in the same ballpark. Get a bud that ports to walk you through some clean up porting.

hook
07-31-2003, 04:01 PM
how much for web cam an do you have to run hd rockers

bmw500hp
07-31-2003, 04:11 PM
140 for the Web-Cam. No hardended rockers. No H.D. Valvesprings. :)

kargaaro
08-01-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by greco400
Hey im getting the same thing im going to call up sparks get my 416 piston Je or ross 10.8 :1 compression because im running on pump gas and getting a web cam ( not hot cam their junk) and heavy duty vavles and a sparks x-6 pipe. Ive been told by a couple nice cool people that this set up will fly!:D A port and polsih would also help the motor too! For my sakes im gettin hinso clutch basket and pressure plate for the clutch to last a lot longer In a couple years i'll be racing b/c i cant race when im 14 16 the limit in my area :( And if you could it would aslo not help is a bigger oil cooler or the fst to cool your engine down and air scoops would help that to be safe in the long run it worth it. I called a company and they said what my setup is it wil be flying and pretty loud so im glad. The only thing is you need the suspension and that what kills me my buget im spending no more then 3500 trying to stay under 3k. the motor mods sould no be now more than 800 dallors i think not posstive i dont know what your labor wil be around your area shops Im no mroe than 1000 gran on suspension and like 1000 in other stuff tires dress up stuff ect so good luck

The guys running Web Cams at our races have all had problems. My hotcam rips and I haven't had one bit of trouble-that's racing every other weekend.