PDA

View Full Version : raptor reverse problem.....???

Ryan8R
07-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Hey guys... the other day i was ridin at Devils ridge and my chain was to loose...bad boo boo...my chain came off and hit the wire that much control the rev limiter on the reverse on my raptor...ya know how the rev limited kicks in really quick on raptors in reverse and they bust out and cut off...well the wire that snaps on to this nipple thing got pulled off by the chain....when that wire is off the four wheeler does in forward as it does in reverse like the rev limiter thing....and well now that wire keeps comin off...now im wonderin if take that wire off from there and drill and screw threw it into the frame would that solve the problem...cause i dont know if its a ground or what...im just lookin for a ways to bypass the reverse rev limiter and what to do about that damned wire lol...before it comes off right before a jump and i get hurt yaknow...so please if anyone can help me or lead me in the right direction i would appreciate it...thanks for everyones help... RYAN:devil:

85 atc 250 r
08-03-2003, 11:43 AM
The black push on plug on the trans olso runs the rev light.I am assuming we are talking about a 02-03 raptor because the 01 has a higher rev limiter.To buy pass it ground that wire directly to the engine ground.Before you do this check the park brake switch,they have been known to fail.I have 3-raptors so far and they have all had the park brake problem.hope this helps.pm me if you have any ?s