PDA

View Full Version : Racing is a blast but....

440BEAST
07-28-2003, 09:15 AM
I live in Houston, Tx. and Yesterday I went to a local track called Three Palms... I rode the Quad track there for about 5 hours... This was my first time to ever be on a track, and today I am paying for it... That was one of the most physically demanding things I have ever put my body through... I have a new respect for MX riders... My questions is, does anyone provide equipment such as a back brace or some thing to lessen the stress on your body or do you just have to work into it and make your body used to the stress such as playing football or any other physically demanding sport... or maybe i shouldn't have gone Balls To The Wall the whole time I was there... Your advice is appriciated, Thanks in advance...

07-28-2003, 09:20 AM
All you can do is ride more and make sure to stretch before and after you get done riding. Also try not to lay around the next day cuz it makes the pain twice as bad on day 2. I feel your pain dude...I rode MX on saturday and i'm pretty dam sore myself.. I can say that the more you sit down the more sore you'll be..

Oh yeah,,I see that your 21,,wait till your over 30....:eek2:

440BEAST
07-28-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Rico
All you can do is ride more and make sure to stretch before and after you get done riding. Also try not to lay around the next day cuz it makes the pain twice as bad on day 2. I feel your pain dude...I rode MX on saturday and i'm pretty dam sore myself.. I can say that the more you sit down the more sore you'll be..

The not sitting around thing creates a problem b\c i work at a sit down job and i can feel the soreness and the stiffness setting in as i write... IT sucks

jay's 300
07-28-2003, 09:29 AM
If you don't have a kidney belt, I would recommend one. Especially if you plan on racing MX. Me an a friend went to the track and he had one, he was alot less sore than I was! Felt like someone had beaten me w/ a 2X4! :ermm:

440BEAST
07-28-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by jay's 300
If you don't have a kidney belt, I would recommend one. Especially if you plan on racing MX. Me an a friend went to the track and he had one, he was alot less sore than I was! Felt like someone had beaten me w/ a 2X4! :ermm:

dude it feels like someone beat me with a 2x6.. So what exactly does a kidney belt do??? does it keep them from being pounded around or what?

07-28-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by 440BEAST
dude it feels like someone beat me with a 2x6.. So what exactly does a kidney belt do??? does it keep them from being pounded around or what?

I have a kidney belt and wear it also but you will still get sore...:(

I also work at a PC all day so I know exactly how ya feel except i'm 10 years older and have 2 compressed disk in my back and a fractured vertebrea...:ermm:

hang in there dude...it's fun while it last but dam the days after suck...:mad:

440BEAST
07-28-2003, 09:47 AM
I have a kidney belt and wear it also but you will still get sore...:(

I also work at a PC all day so I know exactly how ya feel except i'm 10 years older and have 2 compressed disk in my back and a fractured vertebrea...:ermm:

hang in there dude...it's fun while it last but dam the days after suck...:mad:

WITH ALL THE BACK TROUBLE YOU BETTER CHILL OUT DUDE YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO WALK IF YOU KEEP IT UP... But it is good to see that you aint gonna let nothin hold you down...

cheetah
07-28-2003, 01:01 PM
Yeah I raced my first one this year too and I couldn't believe the pain the next day. Then I went to my second a couple weekends ago and I was dreading getting up the next morning, but when I got up, I wasn't sore at all! And I rode harder my second than my first. So take a few weeks rest and just ride normally then try it again and the second time might not be as bad. Rico you are one tough mofo, but I guess them West Virginian women do that to ya?:ermm: :devil:

jshtex
07-28-2003, 02:43 PM
You need to come race the xc race at dirt dog trails this weekend. That will work the soreness out.:devil:

See www.atvccs.com for details.

AtvMxRider
07-28-2003, 02:46 PM

Ain't that the damn truth......:ermm:

300extreme#8
07-28-2003, 03:14 PM
so yall want to talk about being ,wooooooooo well i just got back from football,the first day of football camp did i mention it was 8 hrs long a day

Chef
07-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Ain't that the damn truth......:ermm:

He said 30, not 40.:p

boogiechile
07-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Wait till your 48 like me. Did not start racing mx untill I was 45. I hurt. Not too bad once i get in shape but if i don't ride for awhile it hurts real bad the next time. I wish I would have started this stuff long ago though.

jay's 300
07-28-2003, 03:57 PM

I'm not exactly sure how it works. It won't keep you from getting sore completely, but it will help. Atleast it did for my bud! :D

400ex Racer
07-28-2003, 06:36 PM
....i raced my first race sunday night...and im still sore everything on me is sore...i had to race 3 times pluz practice it was a mx race...i had a fight on my hands...1st moto ...my bike shut off on a triple i have a 400ex and where my starter button is and that crap it all went under and some how shut off so i finished 4th and i was runnin 2nd next 2 the lead...then i had 2 run my lcq them guys in there was crazy i was in a fight with this guy on a banshee for 4 laps..and then i passed him and got the leader on the last lap 2 win...so i got my spot on the main...right b4 the main it rained bad really bad but i took 2nd in the main a c-dale beat me...so all and all it wasnt bad for my first race....but im a young buck...i played football for 6 years i been 2 camps all summer ran miles and miles worked out for hours and hours.....have 4 and 5 adays in football...a football day would be 12 hours then then i would have a game we had practice 7 dayz aweek and i was never this sore....2x4's...2x6's.....tryin some 4x10's or something i have never felt this way b4...like i got hit by a mack truck....this is ruff....i even had 2 turn down gettin sum the day after...from my girl b/c im so sore:( :confused: :mad: :confused2 :( :( yea its that bad...but u know theres always the next day or the day after :devil: :D lol
goodluck...and 4 all the old guys out there that race....you guys r my role models....:macho Macho men...
my heros...

Cody
400ex

400ex Racer
07-28-2003, 06:39 PM
but hey i like it....i like going fast and fightin....
so i think next year im gonnna run 4 the championship

Cody
400ex

440BEAST
07-29-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by 400ex Racer
but hey i like it....i like going fast and fightin....
so i think next year im gonnna run 4 the championship

Cody
400ex

DUDE I CANT BELIEVE YOU GAVE UP GETTIN SOME BOOTY FROM YOUR WOMAN... YOU BETTER GET ALL YOU CAN TILL SHE DONT WANT IT SO MUCH ANYMORE... YOU COULD HAVE JUST LET HER DO ALL THE WORK

AtvMxRider
07-29-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Chef
He said 30, not 40.:p

:grr: You little *******............lol

07-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Jerry the problem is not that you are old it is just all the positions your boyfrined puts you in the night before. :devil: :p oh yeh chef by the way i was rotf after i read that.

Yellow Nuts
07-30-2003, 05:59 PM
i'm slow liek a turdale and i still get sore....lol

400ex Racer
07-31-2003, 05:17 PM
DUDE I CANT BELIEVE YOU GAVE UP GETTIN SOME BOOTY FROM YOUR WOMAN... YOU BETTER GET ALL YOU CAN TILL SHE DONT WANT IT SO MUCH ANYMORE... YOU COULD HAVE JUST LET HER DO ALL THE WORK

oh dont worrie the day after the race i cleaned the quad and layed around...but the next day and everyday up til now the woman has been walkin funny....so i got her a couple good times 4 all my buds here on EXRIDERS:devil: :macho and i just got home from there so u know :D and aug 1 is my b-day so u diff know what my gift is.....i asked 4 new tires but im get something else and i think i can deal without the tires 4 a while....tires can wait..lol

cody
400ex