PDA

View Full Version : should i get a 400ex or z400

98c13
07-28-2003, 07:37 AM
i want to know what should i get next year.i got like 1,500 saved up torwads it.

07-28-2003, 07:39 AM
uhh. i donno. i would say get a trick 400ex. becuz they will be going for cheap . wait they already are!!!!.

hawiianpwr
07-28-2003, 10:11 AM
I hate to say it but a think the Z. Its more up to date. The biggest high point is the it is liquid cooled. I wish my 400ex was especially on those hot days. If your not in any hurry maybe you could wait until the new honda comes out that everone is talking about.

stiffy
07-28-2003, 12:02 PM
I have a friend with a z and he has already broken his swingarm and bent the frame if you stand the bike on it's rear the bend is right below the a-arms. I think it's a nice bike but would never trade my EX for one.

yellowrider
07-28-2003, 12:17 PM
ok i think you should get the new yama quad ... !

as far as the z 400 bending and breaking it depends on how rough you ride if you dont take care of it its gonna break and if you get a lemon like i did with my WonderFul 400ex then you up the creek anyhow .. there both good bikes but i would get a 450 yamaha..

07-28-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by yellowrider
ok i think you should get the new yama quad ... !

as far as the z 400 bending and breaking it depends on how rough you ride if you dont take care of it its gonna break and if you get a lemon like i did with my WonderFul 400ex then you up the creek anyhow .. there both good bikes but i would get a 450 yamaha..

dude. first off. taking care of it yes i kinda agree with CERTAIN stuff breaking. but they are new things man. what are you supposed to do rub the frame every night and pray it doesnt break or bend? i mean come on. i agree with you on the the 450 yamaha but the price is way up there.

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-28-2003, 03:21 PM
get the ex...the z has too many probs that will take up too much money fixing...like a new chassis, and axle. their junk imo (no flame intended:p)

stupid driver
07-28-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
get the ex...the z has too many probs that will take up too much money fixing...like a new chassis, and axle. their junk imo (no flame intended:p)

I think that the z was overrated . no offense. Dirtwheels made it sound like the quad of the century, but wait, they aint gonna give it the time of day now that the new yami's out. My vote goes to the 400ex. but if ya really want a Suzuki, get the Lt80, i hear its the top of the line for them:rolleyes:

One_Bad_400
07-29-2003, 01:50 PM
i like honda better but the z would be the better bike to go with

Butters
07-29-2003, 05:46 PM
go for the z

batgeek
07-29-2003, 06:15 PM
about the 2004 Z:

the problems of the initial run(weak axles) and the frame problems that all Z/KFX's have, have been addressed.

its a strong engine that responds well to mods. they do sit a little high(for my liking) but that is easily fixed with mods.

basically by getting the Z you get:

liquid cooling
reverse

if your buying new, the 400EX and Z400 are in teh same ballpark. get the 2 extra things that the Z offers.

thats the logical way i look at it.

ZRider400
07-30-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
about the 2004 Z:

the problems of the initial run(weak axles) and the frame problems that all Z/KFX's have, have been addressed.

its a strong engine that responds well to mods. they do sit a little high(for my liking) but that is easily fixed with mods.

basically by getting the Z you get:

liquid cooling
reverse

if your buying new, the 400EX and Z400 are in teh same ballpark. get the 2 extra things that the Z offers.

thats the logical way i look at it.

thats funny.....i called suzuki and asked them about the 04' frames being updated and stronger than the 03's.........the guy said" the 04 frames will not be updated, because there is nothing wrong with the 03 frames" ....sorry, but its still the same frame

If you want your frame to bend in half from hitting something........get a Z...........if you want your bumper to bend from hitting the same object......get a 400ex. lmfao

The Z is nice for maybe going on flat ground only.........but..i like jumping......im already on my 2nd axle and 2nd frame.......yea....they are sooooooo reliable.

Thats why my Z is forsale right now.

R-Crazy
08-01-2003, 04:11 AM
well, i would get the Z, lot more for the money new, but if u get a used 400ex, u could get it cheap. Reverse doesnt mean much to me, but liquid cooling does, and thats why i dont have a EX now, or u could go with and R like me, but then there is work involved b4 u even ride it, ive had mine for 5 months and havent been on a real ride yet, hopefully wen my CDI comes in, ill be able to.

dave

CowsBitePeople
08-01-2003, 09:47 AM
want reverse z if u dont care 400

gun32boarder
08-01-2003, 10:19 AM
its funny how you guys mock the Z just for a few problems its the first year its been out of couse some things are going to be wrong. am i going to discourage people for the yzf cause i saw a arm bend of course not. on the Z even if you do brake or bend any thing you go back to ur dealer and you get a new free frame or axel from them for falutly manufacturing just like a car with a lemmon. ive owned the Z400 for about a year now i got it when it first came out i got the first one from my dealer and no problems and i race my Z and only ride on tracks no bent frame no broken swing arm nothing id suggest if you want a used quad go with the 400ex and im getting one tommrow so dont think im on one side but if you are shoping for a new bike id go with the Z400

08-01-2003, 10:30 AM
I know crap happens ,but yesterday I hit a guy on a 2003 Z400 & the axle bent .I wasnt even moving that fast ..:(

ghost_ryder
08-01-2003, 10:34 AM
get a Z...i have one i havent had any problems out of it yet...

08-01-2003, 10:43 AM
ex if you want reliability....Z if you want something that bends

ZRider400
08-01-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
ex if you want reliability....Z if you want something that bends

lmfao:cool: on a Z, if you hit a tree, your a-arms dont bend but the frame does.......on a ex.....the a-arms will bend but the frame will be fine.

What would you want?? your frame being the WEAK SPOT or something else.

im afraid to wheelie with the Z lmfao, i dont know if the axle can support all that weight, or if when the front wheels go down the frame wont snap in half
:devil:

yup.

08-01-2003, 12:36 PM
I could not beleive that guys axle was bent from such lil impact ...I will never get one ...

08-01-2003, 12:44 PM
z400 got totaled on a head on collision witha blaster..what more do you need

08-01-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
z400 got totaled on a head on collision witha blaster..what more do you need lol