PDA

View Full Version : Bike Running hot

daiglea
07-28-2003, 01:09 AM
My mike started running very hot since i put on a pro circuit t4. Does this mean i'm running lean or rich. And if so what do i have to change. Just the clip on the needle or do i have to go up or down on my jets. And were do i go on my needle up or down.

Thanks for the help guys.

jcs327
07-28-2003, 02:51 AM
I have had that problem recently. If you are increasing air flow through your engine, you are running leaner. Your plug should be burning light tan. If the motor is stock, I would consider changing the main jet to a 152 or 155 and moving the needle clip down a notch or two. this should richen it up a bit. even if you are alittle too rich, you are running cooler than too lean. Take out your plug and look at it. If it is white looking, you need to jet richer.

daiglea
07-28-2003, 02:54 AM
I am running a 155 main jet but the clip is in stock position. So i have to move it down to richen right? Freaken jetting get's me so freaking confused :confused:

07-28-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by daiglea
So i have to move it down to richen right? Freaken jetting get's me so freaking confused :confused:

Yes.

When you move the clip down it raises the needle which allows more gas thru. 4th notch from the bottom is were mine is also and up your main about 2 sizes like jcs327 suggested..

daiglea
07-28-2003, 04:20 AM
Thanks Peps.:devil: time to play

cals400ex
07-28-2003, 07:10 AM
i would not go more than one positon down on the needle. the 4th position would be plenty. where is your fuel skrew set at? i would bet that you should either get a new pilot jet or at least move the skrew out a little bit from factory.