PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in colorado?

Pvt. Maggot
07-27-2003, 05:48 PM
i might be moving there soon either the denver or colorado springs area anyone live there? i hope theres good trails and some local tracks....i herd there that all the money you pay for plates or whatever gos into trails and stuff....anyone there maybe when i move there and my quads done we can go riding :D later guys,

Jake

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-28-2003, 03:37 AM
I am not from Colorado but from Nebraska and we used to go to Colorado Denver, FT Collins all the time when we had a normal life. There are all kinds of trails and mx riding.

stiffy
07-28-2003, 05:48 AM
Good Post we are also thinking about moving to CO to the Fort Collins area. Are there any tracks and how far to the closest dunes. :D

CAMPRO
07-28-2003, 09:29 AM
I'll try to help where I can boyz...

I live in Summit County, which is about an hour from Denver. There are a lot of trails up this way. I do believe that registration and membership fees go towards the trails. I have been told of a track about a half hour outside of Denver, but have never been there myself. As for the Dunes... well there aren't any in my area... maybe a few pits. I'm not sure where the closest dune is... but do a google search and you're sure to come across something. There has been talk of building a track up in my area. When they do, I'll def be getting a racing quad! Till then... there's still miles and miles of trails open to quads, dirt bikes, mt bikes, sleds, and 4x4's.

-Andrew

zephead400ex
07-28-2003, 09:32 AM
Whats up guys?, I will be going through Loveland and Ft. Collins on Thursday, going to Red Feather Lakes. Anyway, the Walden sand dunes are just west of Ft. Collins, not for sure how far but they are the closest dunes I believe. In the mountains there are quit a few trails to ride but like Campro said, you will probably have to pay fees to ride.

peace

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-28-2003, 10:23 AM
I think the track you are talking about is Berthoud that is an awesome place to ride. I believe there are 4 tracks there.. 1 huge mx track. Walden I would say is more of a Platau (sp) of sand. some people love to go to walden. me personally I did not care for it. :ermm:

stiffy
07-28-2003, 11:47 AM
the dunes in Walden look like fun (nothing like Dumont I'm sure) but I have to get out of Vegas I hate this place.

[BFJ]
07-28-2003, 03:52 PM
I live in Colorado Springs, there are a few places to ride within 30 minutes of here. The local MX track doesn't let quads race anymore, they say it ruins the track for the bikes. I've only been to Walden once, this past 4th of July. Pretty cool place but I have never been to dunes before. The worst thing about Colorado is the altitude, most riding places are over 6000 foot, at heat and humidity, it becomes a jetting nightmare. You will lose about 30 percent of your hp above 6000 foot, add sand and you better have alot of mods. When are you going to be here?

sandrooster
07-28-2003, 09:37 PM
Anyone interested in riding in the northern Colorado and southern Wyoming area need to checkout this site by a Wy rider.
http://www.dunereview.com/home.htm

Walden is 1.5 hours west of Ft.Collins.

Many rideable trails/roads in the National Forest at the moment. I say "at the moment" because there is a movement by former Cali-treehuggin environazis that wants to close most/all public lands to recreational motorized vehicles.:mad: But not closed to road worthy motorized vehicles like landrovers and H2s.:grr:

I guess the yuppers don't want their outdoor/mountain experience to be disturbed by other recreational activities like bikes and shooting.:rolleyes:

CBW
07-29-2003, 03:51 AM
Well like always i guess i am the only one in SW colorado...........the closest dunes to me are about 4 hours away in Green River , Utah......great place to go ride.....there is also that cold water geyser out there that was in one of the mags a while back,,,,,,,,,....there are many trails with in minutes of my house....,,,i have 40 acres to ride on anyway,,,,,,,,,...and 4 tracks near by........one in Aztec, NM..........one in Ignacio, Colo,,,,,,,,one in Monticello, UT,,,,,,,and one in Mancos, Colo............

thejeepdude
08-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
i might be moving there soon either the denver or colorado springs area anyone live there? i hope theres good trails and some local tracks....i herd there that all the money you pay for plates or whatever gos into trails and stuff....anyone there maybe when i move there and my quads done we can go riding :D later guys,

Jake

Funny you should post this so recently... I just did a search to see if anyone said anything about riding in Colorado because I'm looking at the possibility of moving to the Colorado Springs area (monument or thereabouts)... I love the land where I live, but this California congestion and the enviro-commies are driving me nuts! Although I have heard a lot of the enviro-extremests are in CO too :( Oh well...

spud400ex
08-04-2003, 03:47 PM
i can talk to my cousin when he gets back from his moms in a few weeks