PDA

View Full Version : Your first time?

EXrider03
07-27-2003, 05:08 PM
I had my first "wreck" on my brand new 400ex the other day. Was coming up a steep embankment and the motor choked off, stood straight up, I fell off the back and the quad almost landed on me. Luckily, it only bent the heck out of my handlebars. Even tho it didnt do much it still makes me sick:mad: So when was your first time:D

kawasaki_ridah
07-27-2003, 05:18 PM
when i was like 5 or 6 i was on a suzuki lt 125 and went around a curve and the back tire hooked a tree

4wheelboy
07-27-2003, 06:00 PM
wen i was like 8 on my xr80 i went to fast through mud an clipped a treet an thlew over the bars:eek:

CowsBitePeople
07-27-2003, 06:04 PM
I hit the grab bar in a wheelie then brakes went and couldnt stop and hit the corner of a concrete wall with no rear shid plate on :o

Ony need a new rotor caliper and rotor hub only crash i think :confused:

hessianmx111
07-27-2003, 06:04 PM
well my first real wreck was on my kx the day i got it about a year ago i was going through this field and there was a ditch ahead i didnt see stuck the front wheel and flew over the bars, just a lil scratched up. then about two months after that i was jumpin this step down at a practice track nosed it and got knocked out and had a mild concussion.neither did any real damage to the bike cept the second bent those chitty as stock bars and broke a new acerbis hand guard off.

CHAUNCY
07-27-2003, 06:09 PM
I rolled my trx70 once. I was going down a little hill that had a hard right and I took the turn a little to fast and the trx landed rubber side up. Just flipped it over and it started right up, nothing bent either! Good 'ol honda:D

D-4our
07-27-2003, 06:14 PM
my first crash was when i used to ride a blaster and my brother was riding in front of me on this really dusty trail and i couldnt see anything until a fallen log appeared out of nowhere and i slammed right into it and broke my wrist.

Martin Blair
07-27-2003, 06:40 PM
never had one but hitting a tree bit throw me off the bike just bent the bumoper, knock on wood.

VIC
07-27-2003, 08:25 PM
It was on a yamaha 80 i think it was a moto-4. I must have been 5 or 6. I was riding on the sand going as fast as the quad would go there was a 3ft drop in elevation but i keep flying landed with nose and flipped forward...those were the days

sweet300ex
07-28-2003, 01:46 AM
my first wreck was this winter, this truck comes back through my riding place to check a gas meter, and he makes a path with his plow and it is really like icy and all around it the snow is higher. anyways i came flyin onto that path in fith gear, through it saideways, and the front tires cought on the side in the snow and it flipped.

QuadJunkies
07-28-2003, 03:55 AM
Last Fathers Day wk end I rolled my 300ex down to the bottom of a sand bowl. :eek2: It took me until this last duning trip this summer to be able to get back on one again........:o :p

EXracer8604
07-28-2003, 04:47 AM
i guess i was about 4 or 5, i was riding my atc70 down a hill and i was coasting in neutral, i was going way to way, lost control and flipped into a ditch, my dad pulled it out and it cranked right back up.

FourFiftyFour
07-28-2003, 04:53 AM
I was dehydrated and I overheated since we had been ridin this little 125 fourtrax all day and i got too hot i guess and fainted and fell of the quad goin as fast as it would go... my parents wouldnt buy me a helmet and i was too young to make money to get one..... so i had a bad concussion.. i didnt even know who i was there for a bit.

wilkin250r
07-28-2003, 04:55 AM
Me and a friend were goofing around, playing hide and seek in the dark through the trees and gullies. I was riding along, looking backwards to see if I could spot my buddy, and hit a tree with my left front tire. It threw me and my buddie's little sister riding who was riding with me. No damage to the quad except bent handlebars, but my buddie's sister broke her hand and had a mild concussion.

Always wear your helmet.

07-28-2003, 05:04 AM
cant remember the first time i crashed on anything but on my quad it was in a race i hit a hay bale

WEEZIL
07-28-2003, 05:11 AM
When i had the blaster i was riding on a wet trail. and i punched it and looked back to see my roost out of the corner of my eye and i smashed into a tree. it put me on top of my bars and the quad spun about 70 degrees and tried to tip but i put my foot down. and saved the day. only bent the bumper a little :scary:

spiderrider04
07-28-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by VIC
It was on a yamaha 80 i think it was a moto-4. I must have been 5 or 6. I was riding on the sand going as fast as the quad would go there was a 3ft drop in elevation but i keep flying landed with nose and flipped forward...those were the days

i wrecked on a yamaha moto-4, too, that thing was fun.
i was learning how to ride and i was going around a corner to fast and i flipped. i was fine and so was the quad.

Brad
07-28-2003, 05:18 AM
middle of winter and my friend hadd a video camera and i was showin off, me on my 300ex, i went up a small hill and 4th gear and bogged down because i thought i was in 3rd(climbing), so im stuck half way up and i slip the front brake and i start rollintg backwards into the other side which meant death, so in panic i jammed the back brake and rolled about 3 times backwards down the hill, me on the quad and all, i broke both of my wrists and my left collar bone, and tons of bruises

that was my worst

this is my 1st

i was goin down the trail at 40mph and i kno this trail like the back of my hand right, and i comedown a no-visability hill and boom right out of fuc kin nowhere i see a german shepard sittin the friggen trail so i swerve and hit the side of a clump of gravel and roll 2 times sideways, i wake up 10 minutes later after passing out from the pain flip the quad off of me and the dog is sitting there licking my blood enguled leg so i grabbed the collar and brought him to the nearest house limping, i had 3 gouges in my leg and 3 large rips in my chest and tread marks on my helmet, and the worst part is i couldnt ride the quad for 2 weeks but i got some pretty kool scars

07-28-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by VIC

LOL i wrecked on the same fourwheeler. i got fox stickers for it and i thought i was a racer. i was probably the sameish age and i was racing around the field in are back yard and i had a snow jump i hit it and landed crooked and the great suspension wasnt working and it didnt absorb it and it rolled. LOL. i was so scarred that i left it there and went inside... lmao.:p

Chef
07-28-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
... my parents wouldnt buy me a helmet and i was too young to make money to get one..... so i had a bad concussion.. i didnt even know who i was there for a bit.

That really pisses me off. Your parents were too friggen cheap to buy you a helmet, but they bought you a quad anyway? They need their friggen heads checked.:mad:

310Rduner
07-28-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Chef
That really pisses me off. Your parents were too friggen cheap to buy you a helmet, but they bought you a quad anyway? They need their friggen heads checked.:mad:

im surprised that your reply wasn't written to sound like when ya had your "other first time".. i read threw the first page to see who would make the joke first, expecting it to be you...:eek: You dissapoint me man...:(

redrider2004
07-28-2003, 12:58 PM
it was when i was 11 on a honda recon ,
i was goin up a steep hill and hit the gas too hard it flipped bckwards 3 times before falling into a 6 foot deep canyon
luckily it just bent my wheel a little .
that prves honda is one of the most durable atvs out there

Chef
07-28-2003, 01:11 PM
A 6 foot deep Canyon...nice.:p

zephead400ex
07-28-2003, 01:49 PM
knock on wood...not your pants:eek2: but I havent had a nasty spill YET!!!:ermm:

The only bad thing about not having an accident yet, is I know it is going to happen!

peace

I-7
07-28-2003, 01:49 PM
I was like 5 on my yamaha pw50 and there was a ladder hanging down from my treehouse and i was too stupid to see it so i got closelined and my bike kept going and i just stayed there hung on the ladder :grr:

redrider2004
07-28-2003, 02:18 PM
A 6 foot deep Canyon...nice.:p

yeah its where all the water drains off from the highway. and it keps gettin deeper and deepr

bansheeguy77
07-28-2003, 03:12 PM
my first time...it was a nice summer day we were sitting watching the stars and then it was just like chef started singing (south park chef) we were out in the country and we went inside the barn and it got really hot so we started.....oh wait this is about wrecks...like 3 years ago i was wheelying my trailblazer but it got too far and i was hanging on for dear life and it just flipped over haha

Bad Habit
07-28-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
fainted and fell of the quad goin as fast as it would go... so i had a bad concussion.. i didnt even know who i was there for a bit.

Oh, now I see. This explains alot.....lol j/k:D

FourFiftyFour
07-28-2003, 06:37 PM

I got the quad for free..... my parents havent or will not ever buy me a quad and they RARELY help me out with any of the money for parts or race fees.. i think my dad has paid for one race and maybe a compression gauge and thats it

AZblaster44
07-29-2003, 06:40 AM
My first time was in the dunes, I was power sliding on the flats and cought a rut and rolled a few times...only damage was a broken flag.....and I've been adding the wreaks up since then, and the only time i did any damnage o the quad was when i flipped it into a fence:ermm:

ScrnNmsSUCK
07-29-2003, 07:36 AM
i dumped my bike at like 30 mph on the street, breakin my left foot. Then i slide 20 feet into the back of Atreyu's quad and chipped my right knee on his sprocket. I tried getting up after but i couldnt stand on either leg so i crawled onto Atreyu's quad and he got on my bike, but he couldnt ride bike and crashed it into a ditch within 10 seconds.

flyin#5
07-29-2003, 08:00 AM
well my first time was when i was doing donuts on my track and my tire caught an edge (on my little 200sx) and it flipped the quad on its side and bent the bars. bent them back. then i hit some snow going like 40 when the snow was melting and the quad just stuck in the snow while i went flying then the quad did a rodeo and landed upside down...... lets just say the streak has continued into this summer.... lol

JabberJaw
07-29-2003, 08:07 AM
I can remember my first time.... It was with two girls at once....

OH wait! Wrong forum...

nismo
07-29-2003, 08:41 AM
a few days ago was the first time i flipped the X completely upside down doing a 1st to 2nd gear wheelie up a hill i got at the balance point and it started to bogg so i gave it a little gas to keep it running and i fell off and looked up and the quad was coming after me so i kicked it and it rolled over on the side. damage was broken light gaurd and boken control(kill switch) plastic it still works tho

crashing isnt fun :cuss:

jollyrj
07-29-2003, 10:04 AM
hmmm.. there was a time when I first got on a dirt bike (not sure what size) 2 yrs ago and thought it was so much fun that in the first 5 minutes i was jumping small dirt jumps.. didn't know too much so hit the front brakes HARD.. went over, banged head, got boo boo..

Then first time in the sand on a quad (new rider) last weekend.. foot down on ground, foot under tire, foot stuck.. OUCH MY FOOT!! Then replayed the incident one more time - OUCH MY FOOT!!

Learned lesson, got nerf bars and boots for next weekend.. ;)

~~Rachel