PDA

View Full Version : Cam Chain removal

nakomis0
07-27-2003, 03:53 PM
I let a buddy borrow my manual and I need to remove my cam chain.

I took off the right side case. And it looks like I have to remove my clutch basket and a gear. Is that what I have to do?

The top end is already totally taken apart so dont explian that... just the lower part i need help with.

skemp
07-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Sounds like you already know what to do. :D You're right.

nakomis0
07-28-2003, 05:28 AM
tnx.. just didnt wanna take extra stuff off.

07-28-2003, 05:31 AM
And I"ve heard you can use a bent coat hanger to remove the old one and put the new one on..:)

I've got a new HD one at home that needs to go in but i'm too lazy......:ermm:

nakomis0
07-28-2003, 07:28 AM
heh.. I thought ya could do that too, just because i rebuilt my upper half and it looked like u could do something like that but, once you open that right side case its a different story.

it inly took about 30 minutes to remove the cam chain the the top half already dis assembled. Oh ya and an impact wrench is a must.

I just got done about 3 minutes ago.

hondafox440
07-28-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by nakomis0
heh.. I thought ya could do that too, just because i rebuilt my upper half and it looked like u could do something like that but, once you open that right side case its a different story.

it inly took about 30 minutes to remove the cam chain the the top half already dis assembled. Oh ya and an impact wrench is a must.

I just got done about 3 minutes ago.

Yea, theres no other way to get the center clutch nut off. When we replaced the shift shaft on my buddy's YZ125, we gorund the ould shifter off, then realized we had it in neutral when we tried to remove the clutch. But, some more grinding and some vice grips and we got it into first and the nut came off easily.

07-28-2003, 09:15 AM
Oh ya and an impact wrench is a must.

For the center clutch nut?????????????

stupid driver
07-28-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Rico

that was the only way i got mine off. but then again, i have very short patience :(

nakomis0
07-28-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Rico

Ya for that nut, and the other nut just to the right.

Just dont use it on you own nuts, even if they do fit into a 14mm socket.:huh

07-29-2003, 06:30 AM

Just dont use it on you own nuts, even if they do fit into a 14mm socket.:huh

Whew.....thanks for the warning nakomis0:D

i was gonna start with my nuts first but i guess i'll start with the clutch nut now....:huh