PDA

View Full Version : z400 trouble?? Help!!!!

400exBro
07-27-2003, 02:48 PM
lately i have been having troubles with the z400, it will start hard, idle real rough and stall if you let off the gas coming hard into the corner... i clean the air filter, oil has been changed, quad has been maintain regularly, haven't done a valve adjustment yet. and will soon... this is an 03 z400 with about 40 or less hours on it... i also put fresh gas into it...
i am thinking it might be the spark plug fouled, also i noticed that the air filter was full of some damp stuff, it cause major restrintion in letting air through, but it was also sticky?? anyways i would like to have it back up and running soon, i am ordering a new spark plug and air filter tomorrow... any help would be appertated

400EXrider#91
07-28-2003, 01:40 PM
one of my buddies just got one and is having the same problem. i don't know about this off brand stuff:eek:

400exBro
07-28-2003, 02:18 PM
all i can say is that i will never buy another Suzuki again, i rather spend the money on a raptor or another 400ex!!!! i am very disapointed:(

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
all i can say is that i will never buy another Suzuki again, i rather spend the money on a raptor or another 400ex!!!! i am very disapointed:(

sry to hear that man :( you can always sell it though:D

dads400ex
07-29-2003, 05:16 AM
Did you reoil the filter foam, you say it is coated with some sticky stuff which is the filter oil. You may want to clean it and reoil with just enough to cover it, do not soak it. Also check all of the hoses going to and from the carb and espicialy the vacuum line from the carb to the fuel valve.

Good luck, I have had mine for over 8 month's and have had no problems infact I am glad I moved up to it.

Later

400exBro
07-29-2003, 11:01 AM
all i can say is POS...

i put the new air filter on and new plug, it still runs real rough, stalls esaily,... the plug was black ,but i am sure that it is a couple months old so it is normal... tomorrow i am going to rip into the carb and clean it to make sure that there is no dirt stuck in a jet...and i will check all the lines too... hopefully it will start runing right soon, becuase i like using it in the trails over my ex( it is mx set up that is why)...

spincr4hire
08-01-2003, 02:58 AM
sorry you are having troubles with the Z, mine is still running great after 9 months.

bowhunterr2001
08-01-2003, 10:33 AM
Check your choke...I had a problem with mine about 3 months ago the choke cable got stuck in the on position and it did what your are discribing... Also check your tank vent hose, it could possibly be clogged...

New-400ex_guy
08-01-2003, 02:37 PM
take it to the dealer and make them fix it and find out the problem it shouldnt be out of warranty, and thats there job to fix it, most likey something makin you run real rich, do you have the fuel in the on postion and not prime?, also check what the others said, ive had mine over a year and it focking rocks, i love it over the slower honda i have

4TraxRider
08-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Did you suck any filter oil into the carb when you cleaned it last?

400exBro
08-04-2003, 09:52 PM
i have noticed that sometimes the choke does stick for a while, but then it fells like it returns to the off position again... i just cleaned the carb, put a brand new suzuki filter in and new spark plug and still runs like crap...

i can't do to much right know becuase i am in Germany...

Braff1
08-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Have you tried draining the fuel bow. You could have water in the fuel bowl. You might want to check the main to see if has loosened up or might be clogged with dirt.