PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

cheetah
07-27-2003, 02:22 PM
I have a sort of dilemma. This summer I have raced my first MX races on my EX. It has a stock motor, stock arms and axles. Everything is stock minus what is in my sig. Heres my problem. I really like racing MX, but there is no way I'm gonna be able to compete unless I do some serious work. Basically some good motor work and +arms and axles. But where I live we ride trails 3-4 times a week. I don't want to quit racing because I really like it and feel I can get good, but then again there is nothing like hitting the trails all day and hanging with your buds. If I mod it for MX I will have to quit that seeing our trails can't accomodate a bike that wide or low to the ground. I would like to do both and swap out everything, but I know that will become a hassle and swapping parts out 2-3 times a week would cause premature wear on parts. I can't afford a second bike and if I go MX I will probably just get a new bike all together when I get money because with all the new stuff, modding an EX is like beating a dead horse. Is anyone else faced with this problem and what do you do?

07-28-2003, 02:01 AM
Put +1 arms on it and an adjustable axle so you can ride both Mx and trails.. You'll need 2 sets of tires for each type of riding but it will work out. At least it works for me just fine..:blah:

stocktires
07-28-2003, 05:21 PM
It's not nearly as hard as you would think.
get +1 a-arms and an adjustable axle like rico said
get one set of stock or 2:3 offest front wheels, and stock offest rear with mx tires.
then one set of 4:1 front wheels, stock rear, and xc tires. just narrow the axle when you ride trails, and widen it when you ride mx.

07-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Yeh what those two said.