PDA

View Full Version : cant decide between the raptor predator or z400

hondarules
07-27-2003, 12:33 PM
i cant decided between the raptor, predator or the z400

i want somethin really fast realiable an with a good suspension...i ride really agressive, i like to climb hills, jump an that kinda thing.. plz help!

JJWB023
07-27-2003, 12:34 PM
predator

Narly R
07-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Well sounds like you could go for a YZF 450!;)

Chef
07-27-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Well sounds like you could go for a YZF 450!;)

Yep, I agree. :o

hondarules
07-27-2003, 12:46 PM
ok....but y a predator

own2424
07-27-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by JJWB023
predator

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-27-2003, 01:05 PM
out of the bikes you listed I like the z400, did not care for the raptor and have not ridden the predator though..

hondarules
07-27-2003, 01:25 PM
aight but what was so good about the z ive heard alot of good things about it

Flip)(stick
07-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Wait for the new honda

Narly R
07-27-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Yep, I agree. :o

Well a z is a raptor 400 and a raptor is worse, and Polaris SUCKS!!!! And LOTS of people are very happy with there new 450! *hint hint* why would you buy a more "outdated" bike then one thats out now?

There isnt even a comparrison, not saying a YZF is lke the best thing in the whole world, but it defently would suit you best!;)

Narly R
07-27-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Flip)(stick
Wait for the new honda

........ ya that would maybe be the best thing but if u want a bike right now get the YZF!;)

KrazyKid300ex
07-27-2003, 01:37 PM
YFZ450!!!!!!!!!! BRUTE POWER,great suspension, everything!

Fred55
07-27-2003, 02:00 PM
Polaris SUCKS!!!!

How about you give a reason instead of just stating something that isnt true!

Narly R
07-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
How about you give a reason instead of just stating something that isnt true!

Well i didnt mean to make u mad a Preditor is a good bike dont get me rong but I dont like Polaris for numerous resons, there 4x4's brake down ALL the time and they are way over priced, but I think Polaris just isnt as reliable as most the other companies out there I just woulnt EVER buy a Polaris.

Fred55
07-27-2003, 02:28 PM
Well i didnt mean to make u mad a Preditor is a good bike dont get me rong but I dont like Polaris for numerous resons, there 4x4's brake down ALL the time and they are way over priced, but I think Polaris just isnt as reliable as most the other companies out there I just woulnt EVER buy a Polaris.

Yes, compared to Honda's they areny more reliable, but with our
Warrior and our old timberwolf, we have had the same amount of troubles as the Polaris's around here....Polaris is now on par with Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki IMO, but I do know it wasnt always like that......I have had some trouble with my pred but nothing more than the other preds are having......The only thing I would change about this is give it honda reliability and make it lighter! LoL

speedy400
07-27-2003, 02:32 PM
I dont think I've every seen a polaris break down, except for my dad's snowmobile but that has a 670rotax motor in it(not a polaris motor)BTW I've drove a predator they are real nice,onlything I dont like about them is they are a bit front heavy and the steering is a bit touchy-darren

Dune Surfer
07-27-2003, 02:32 PM

I had a honda 426 and my Pred kicks the living sh*t out of it. Have you even ridden one? I don't think so. ok back to the question. All quads have thier strong points. The Z is very forgiving, smooth engine, decent shocks, and water cooled. The predator is faster, set up better for racing. I have ridden the z alot (my 3 riding buddies have them) They can not keep up with the predator and are pissed. Out of the 400ex, the Z and the pred I like the pred the best. The yamy 450 is sweet. If you are not a big guy and have the 7k they are asking you might consider it. The raptor is ok but tippy. The pred is faster. good luck:D

MotoX3
07-27-2003, 02:35 PM
the new honda:ermm:

Sporttrax400ex
07-27-2003, 02:38 PM
z400 400ex or yfz450

hondarules
07-27-2003, 03:12 PM
yeah the new YZF would be awsome to have but the price is a concern too

Mattman88
07-27-2003, 03:18 PM
why do all you guys rag on the raptor. i have 2 friends that have raptors and actually i think they kick *****.

hondarules
07-27-2003, 03:27 PM
thanks dune surfer that helps alot but i still cant decide...the biggest thing is, is dependiblty cause i dont want to have to buy a new quad an have to keep puttin money in it to keep it runnin. like i said i ride pretty agressive an give it hell all the time

Butters
07-27-2003, 03:30 PM
yeah i would say if you could afford it then the yfz. if not that then the z400.

Dune Surfer
07-27-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Mattman88
why do all you guys rag on the raptor. i have 2 friends that have raptors and actually i think they kick *****.

I like the raptors. Other than the tranny probs on the 01's. The rap just needs to be wider. If you get +2 a-arms and a wider axle you have a good quad. But, by the time you do that the pred is a better deal or the yammy 450. I would say if you are a 150 lb, under 6ft rider, and want the best get the yammy. If you are biger, get the pred, If you don't plan on going wild get the z. The z is the best for the average rider.

QuadJunkies
07-27-2003, 04:21 PM
I agree with Dune Surfer,A Z is good,they are doing alot with them now and a ton of stuff out there for them too....All brands are getting better with making quads more dependable and DEF more power,I think all brands have a chance thesee days to step up to the plate and make a new name for themselves....;) Tell us exactly what kind of riding you do.You said you ride aggressive.but what kind of ridng you do? I think alot of people just "guess" at what they have heard from a friend of a freind type of thing. I for one have not got to ride the new Yami,but I have seen them fly...:cool: ....We dont know long term durability yet, honda has a good Reputation for durability.Raptors are great in the sand ,but this is only my opinion..I have never seen one single Rappy that didnt have to have something done to its motor,so Im not too impressed with the Raptor.Power or no power......I totally love my 400ex but it needs a boost....I truly love Troys Predator..I am going to be upgrading myself by the first of the year and depending on what comes out with HOnda, will decide if I get another Predator or the new Honda....On the track or in the sand or on the trails, Ive been VERY impressed with the Predator and for the price its a sure buy IMO......Any of the quads you decide on Im sure you will enjoy......;)

hondarules
07-27-2003, 04:32 PM
well mostly me an a group of friends ride an we juss goof off we go lookin for crazy stuff... we manily climb hills, jump an drag race an stuff like that...an im 5'10-5'11 an weigh about 140....if that helps any

QuadJunkies
07-27-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by hondarules
well mostly me an a group of friends ride an we juss goof off we go lookin for crazy stuff... we manily climb hills, jump an drag race an stuff like that...an im 5'10-5'11 an weigh about 140....if that helps any Ok.hmmmm what does some of your other friends ride...??? Just curious......Also, how long you been riding for.?

hondarules
07-27-2003, 04:52 PM
well i manly ride with 2 guys an they have 400ex's one with a yoshiamuria pipe an the other is stock an right now i ride a 300ex an i need more power.....ive been ridin for about 3 years now an most ppl say i can ride pretty good

QuadJunkies
07-27-2003, 05:02 PM
well i manly ride with 2 guys an they have 400ex's one with a yoshiamuria pipe an the other is stock an right now i ride a 300ex an i need more power.....ive been ridin for about 3 years now an most ppl say i can ride pretty good Ok, this is why I ask,so I would get a better idea of riding skills,and of course if you drag you want something competitive!!!....:p WEll, I too have a 400ex with a Yoshi and love it a ton,if you like to wheelie,well, its the best wheeliing machine still IMO..If I were you then,I would be leaning more towards the Z or the Predator .It will beat a Raptor, and yet its handling is awesome..OR.......The Z .It beats a 400ex in a drag for the most part and is a blast to ride...Both are able to wheelie,(dont let ANY one tell you a Predator cant cause ive got the pics to prove it....:cool: ) and a PRedaotr is plenty wide enough.Those are the two I would chose...Good luck......;) :)

hondarules
07-27-2003, 05:19 PM
aight man thanks for the help....an yeah i like to wheelie i think ive narrowed it down quit abit to thez or the 400ex cause i think the raptor is to skinny an tall an the predator..i dunno bout it i aint that big of a polaris fan.....but thanks for your help:cool:

Dune Surfer
07-27-2003, 05:53 PM
aight man thanks for the help....an yeah i like to wheelie i think ive narrowed it down quit abit to thez or the 400ex cause i think the raptor is to skinny an tall an the predator..i dunno bout it i aint that big of a polaris fan.....but thanks for your help:cool:

I wasn't a polaris fan until I rode one. they are the best thing out now along with the yammy 450. Predator is the sport atv of the year for good reasons.

QuadJunkies
07-27-2003, 05:54 PM
aight man thanks for the help....an yeah i like to wheelie i think ive narrowed it down quit abit to thez or the 400ex cause i think the raptor is to skinny an tall an the predator..i dunno bout it i aint that big of a polaris fan.....but thanks for your help:cool: No problem....Oh and just one thing......Im not a Man, Im a girl....;)

Fred55
07-28-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
No problem....Oh and just one thing......Im not a Man, Im a girl....;) :confused: :eek2: :eek:

PS Ride a pred, once you do you will love it!

JabberJaw
07-28-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
No problem....Oh and just one thing......Im not a Man, Im a girl....;)

This brings back memories!!!!

QuadJunkies
07-28-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
This brings back memories!!!! LOL....Uh oh, do I dare ask what memories that might be????:o :p :D

hawiianpwr
07-28-2003, 10:05 AM
They are all good machines. I dont think you could go wrong with any of them but for the money it sounds like the YZF is the way to go.