PDA

View Full Version : i just some how have the best luck

fasterz
07-27-2003, 10:26 AM
well i got my quad back fri from the shop cause they put a new axle on it for free cause i bent it. it was in the shop for 3 weeks, so i was anxius to go ridin well today i left for the atco track for practice, i get there, there was only one other person there so i was real excited cause i could practice really good. well im almost dont the first lap. im on the face of a jump and pow, my quad backfired and turn off like i pulled out the pro design. well it wouldnt start, then after it sat for 5 mins it fired and i manged to get it back to the trailer b4 it died again. well it wont start now, it just keeps cranking, its kinda like ther is no spark, but the electircs are working cause its turing the motor, just not firing. ne ideas, mabey the plug? the plug is original, i never took it out :confused2

Narly R
07-27-2003, 10:42 AM
Take the plug out and see if it is firing! then tell us what you see!

sickmojave
07-27-2003, 10:48 AM
did you turn the gas on :confused:

fasterz
07-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
did you turn the gas on :confused: on a z400 u cant turn it off

Rip_Tear
07-27-2003, 11:27 AM
take the plug out and try turning it over, with someone watching the plug to see if it sparks, if it does check the fuel lines etc, if it doesnt get a new plug and check again! New gas?

hindelk
07-27-2003, 12:09 PM
shop had it huh...well what i would do cause same thing hapened to me one of 2 things.....take your carb apart and look for dirt or mud.......and also looked for pinched cvacum tubes ive had those problems and they did what you described

4wheelboy
07-27-2003, 12:15 PM
i was at the track last nite watching the draggs and mx an like 3 people got hurt. but it was still some good racing. next week an bring da digi cam an get some pics if you guys want:blah: :devil: :eek2: :cool:

fasterz
07-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by hindelk
shop had it huh...well what i would do cause same thing hapened to me one of 2 things.....take your carb apart and look for dirt or mud.......and also looked for pinched cvacum tubes ive had those problems and they did what you described i checked the vacum hoses, i dont ride in mud and the tack isnt dust so i dont think its that, but the day i got it home i rode it in the yard for 15 mins and it ran awsome, so i dont know wats up wit it. i was just tinkering wit it now, it started right up, but soon stalled out. its just like the time i forgot to put the vacume hose on, there is only 1 vacume hose right? the one from the carb to the fuel petcock

Narly R
07-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
i was at the track last nite watching the draggs and mx an like 3 people got hurt. but it was still some good racing. next week an bring da digi cam an get some pics if you guys want:blah: :devil: :eek2: :cool:

That would be cool, but i dont think pics are gunna make his bike run...:ermm:

fasterz
07-27-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
i was at the track last nite watching the draggs and mx an like 3 people got hurt. but it was still some good racing. next week an bring da digi cam an get some pics if you guys want:blah: :devil: :eek2: :cool: random:eek2: lol u talkin bout atco?

CEET400ex
07-27-2003, 01:32 PM
this happened to my bike it was a fouled plug....it would start up and run and sputter and spit air and die...change the plug

yellowex01
07-27-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by fasterz
on a z400 u cant turn it off

Interesting. never knew that. Does it have an internal shutoff for when you stand it up to clean or transport?

fasterz
07-28-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by yellowex01
Interesting. never knew that. Does it have an internal shutoff for when you stand it up to clean or transport? yes it does, it is some vacume system, it only flow fuel when the quad is running

CowsBitePeople
07-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Blow into your carb's overflow tube for alittle and let all the **** out then try??had to do this with my yz once and change the plug :macho

fasterz
07-29-2003, 01:52 AM
alright i dissconnected all the tubes then reconnected them and taped up the teaher kill switch wires realll good. now its running like normal. so i dunno wat it was. just like osme freak break down