PDA

View Full Version : Jetting Problem

HondaRacing23
07-27-2003, 09:29 AM
I put a K&N jet jet and filter on my bike and I did what the directions said. clip on 3rd and 146 main. and it runs like SHI@#.
So I put the clip[ on the 2nd and jetting it all the way down to the last and it ran the same. plus looks like a grasy color with every get other than the 146. it is black black with the 146. HELP! It cuts out at top speed I even tried putting the clip back on the 3rd on the needle and it still ran like crap. any suggestions thanks peeps.

cals400ex
07-27-2003, 06:55 PM
you should probally get a new plug. with moving the needle all the way down, your plug will probally be really black. i have not used the jet kit so i can't help much there. i would think that a 146 or 148 would be close. first put the jetting specs to where the sheet says. i would warm the bike up and then put the new plug in ( be careful as it will be hot) and go floor it in 5th for 10 to 15 seconds. at this time pull in the clutch and shut it off immediately. take the plug out and see what color it is. usually when it stutters on top end that means your too big on the mainjet. then post your results.

nofearhonda
07-27-2003, 07:07 PM
well ihave the same pipe and silencerand the k&n, no air box lid done to mine and i run a 165 main 40 pilot, neddle on 3rd clip. runs like a raped ape lol

146, 148 that is stock size main. You shouldnt be even close to that low with a pipe silencer and K&N, you bike is way too lean.