PDA

View Full Version : I have an AWSOME idea!!! LOOK!

Narly R
07-27-2003, 08:30 AM
OK well i think this could work if I REALLY put all i can into it, ok last night me and a friends went to races (car flat track) and we started thinkin what if we could come how get like a freestyle group put together, because the "races" got boring and if we could come in at like half of the show or sumthin everyone would like that cause we dont have anything loike that around here! We can do a few tricks, but we would have to practice, and get a ramp, but we dont have a lot of people in mind to do this really only 3-4, so i was thinking theres a lot of pretty decent quad-bike riders around here and maybe put of some flyers for bike/quad riders that are really good and can freestyle and get like a ridding club together of really good riders and go to races too! And we could make some money, if we go to like car and maybe even monster truck races, were nothin great but could most DEFENTLY get way better and go to a few show and stuff just for sumthin to do, but if I was to get a group of 10-15 people together and we bulit a sweet ramp, do you think it sounds like a good idea, cause im PUMPED!!!:D

Narly R
07-27-2003, 09:48 AM
Well i thought it was good, come on guys do you think this will work?

86350x
07-27-2003, 09:53 AM
Sure, at our local speed way events (owen dale) the only thing we have to look forward to is the fist fights afterwards:macho

Mixing in bikes and quads with the car racing would make the show more worth while to see.:cool:

quaddict53
07-27-2003, 11:04 AM
sounds like a good idea to me....good luck!

heavy_d
07-27-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
Sure, at our local speed way events (owen dale) the only thing we have to look forward to is the fist fights afterwards:macho

Mixing in bikes and quads with the car racing would make the show more worth while to see.:cool:

there's a lot of drunk, pissed rednecks at owendale:D i have seen motorcycles, go karts, and bicycles race there

Rip_Tear
07-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Good luck! That would be awsome and very interesting too see quads and or bikes doing freestyle during intermission, but I doubt they will let you due to insurance reasons :(

86350x
07-27-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by heavy_d
there's a lot of drunk, pissed rednecks at owendale:D i have seen motorcycles, go karts, and bicycles race there

Lol I know, makes you wanna drive through town just laying on the horn doesn't it. I know people who have lost eyes, and had broken limbs due to the after race brawls at ownedale. I think after a while the police just started parking outside the gate. It's been a while since I went, but I think they finally started to tone down the fights.

I've seen bikes,and lawn mowers race, but never any quads:confused: :ermm:

heavy_d
07-27-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
Lol I know, makes you wanna drive through town just laying on the horn doesn't it. I know people who have lost eyes, and had broken limbs due to the after race brawls at ownedale. I think after a while the police just started parking outside the gate. It's been a while since I went, but I think they finally started to tone down the fights.

I've seen bikes,and lawn mowers race, but never any quads:confused: :ermm:

i live about 12 miles from the speedway, they had a super saturday with sprints a couple of weeks ago and a beer tent, there was one guy holding on to the fence next to the track just to keep himself standing and he pissed his pants and then they had the "bud girls" ugly as hell, they must travel the Thumb:ermm:

86350x
07-27-2003, 02:55 PM
Unfortunantly the thumb has never been know for great looking women:ermm: I guess that's why I'm into canadian ones, and imports:confused2 (trying not to sound like a total pig)

The fence thing is tottaly believable, and sounds alot like the badaxe fairgrounds.

I think the thumb area probrably sells more beer then baycity does.:confused2

Narly R
07-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Well Im going to make a "ridding club" i want to get a ramp and do freestyle and stuff, i hope it works out.

Sounds like they put on a real "good" show at owendale!:huh

JOEX
07-27-2003, 05:32 PM
When the World Of Outlaws where here at Portland Speedway they had a brief freestyle show and a monster truck during intermission.
It's a great idea..... one thing that needs to be looked into would be some kind liability insurance or waiver I suppose.

Joe

heavy_d
07-28-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Narly R
Sounds like they put on a real "good" show at owendale!:huh

yeah the racers and the spectators:D