PDA

View Full Version : Klaw MX tires for trail riding?

mx440#55
07-26-2003, 01:33 PM
Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on using the Kenda Klaw 20f/18r tires for some light to moderate trail riding. They're all 4ply tires, so I would think they'd hold up alright.

I'm not pounding through the woods like crazy, just some woods trails, old coal areas, and stuff like that. Except for the slightly lower ride height ( which I could compensate for with shock preload), I think these would work alright.

I'm using a +3 front end and being to wide isn't too much of an issue, just trying to have some fun with the kid's mx bike!

Thanks for everyone's opinions!!

WalshKFX
07-26-2003, 02:14 PM
i would think it is ok. i have razr mx tires and i do little trial ridng. the bad problem is the lowered groud clearnace.

KrazyKid300ex
07-26-2003, 02:16 PM
told you

thejeepdude
07-28-2003, 10:26 AM
FWIW, I just killed one of my Klaw XCR's... was riding my usual trails, actually one of the easier ones, and noticed my left rear was flat. I rode back to the staging area to check it out and noticed a 1/2" gash right through the tread area of the tire and a "reverse dent" in my rim (bulging OUT where the rock went through the tire and hit the inside of the rim). I'm sure if I was running the MXR's instead, the damage may have been even worse... not to mention riding 2 miles back to the staging area on a flat 6-ply tire was bad enough.