PDA

View Full Version : Cdale riders please help

Bill Fuller
07-26-2003, 11:51 AM
Just picked up a Cdale last night.I need info on what kind of oil to use where and how much.Has any one had problems with the oil drain under the brake peddle? It seem as the threads are chewed up a bit on the bolt but the threads inside the case "feel"OK but I wont really know until I get a new one.Any help would be greatly appreciated, I didn't get a service manual and I want to RIDE......

oldsandman
07-26-2003, 12:06 PM
10w40 synthetic or semi syn. 1.7 quart. You can download the sevice manual at cannondaler.com. Have fun and ride safe:D

dawzie
07-26-2003, 12:10 PM
go to www.cannondaler.com best site going for Dale owners. Make sure the motor stud update was done. Otherwise you may ruin your motor with a bolt coming loose inside.

Derno24
07-31-2003, 02:57 PM
Check out cannondaleriders and cannondaler.com for sources. Oil that I use full synthetic. Make sure all updates are done on the machine also that bolt is made of soft metal you can get a replacement bolt which is made better from cdaleparts.com. Hope this helps.

YamaWarr0121
08-01-2003, 04:37 PM
I use Redline Superlight Shockproof in the tranny and Redline Race oil 10w 40 in the engine

i get it from :www.championmotorsports.net (http://www.championmotorsports.net)

1.7 quarts in engine

.85 bout in the tranny..let the quad cool down b4 u decide to look at the lil window cos it'll give u a better reading that way.

Makes ure your oil vent line is updated, motor mount updated ( the two motormounts to be connected as 1 is updated version) and the stud update which you must pull the side clutch cover n plates to see if it is done or not.

i had my quad for only 4 months and i had 3 bolts very loose so it is an issue.

good luck and welcome to the family..

oh yeah GO Cannondaler.com great site!:eek2:

wyndzer
08-01-2003, 11:00 PM
Bill, I use the Redline oil too. I get mine through Summit Racing. The tranny drain bolts were a problem, there is a new bolt that fixes this. I love mine, and you will too.

cdalejef
08-02-2003, 08:24 AM
All the bolts need is locktite, don't waste your money on that stage 8 crap!

Dune Surfer
08-02-2003, 08:36 AM
Congrats Bill:D :D Enjoy a quad with some nuts!! Way to go.