PDA

View Full Version : Sand Fest!

Narly R
07-26-2003, 07:11 AM
Is anyone going? I bet a lot of you are ill be there, dont know if Ill do much ridding, in DW they daid they had this mx track made outa sand, but I callled they guy and he said he didnt know anything about it and wernt having it!:( O-well im shure there will be THOUSANDS of people there! Anyone goin....

CBW
07-26-2003, 07:44 AM
i was there in 2000,,,,,,,yep all the way from Colorado:eek2:

There were A LOT of people,,,,,,,,but i dont know how you can go and not ride.......:confused2

LOL....have a great time........wish i could go back:(

CHAUNCY
07-26-2003, 08:48 AM
I know 2 guys that are going. They will be at the J&M sandtoys vendor booth. Have fun Narly:)

K2Snow
07-26-2003, 02:09 PM
when and where?

mopar 400
07-26-2003, 02:15 PM
k2 were you guys at pismo last weekend ? We look fer ya.....

K2Snow
07-26-2003, 02:26 PM
mopar, 310rduner and i were looking all over for ya. we kept heading to the drag strip and looking for the exriders shirt, never saw you

mopar 400
07-26-2003, 04:52 PM
Going back about 3 weeks well let you know.... It well be on a sat.

Martin Blair
07-26-2003, 06:40 PM
count us in

kj400
07-26-2003, 09:36 PM
anybody got room for a 20ft trailer? we were going and just got a toyhauler, if theres room somwhere my wife and i would love to come down.

QuadJunkies
07-27-2003, 05:11 AM
I wish I could go......:( Ive wanted to go for the last two years:grr: . If I had to dough I would be there.Everyone take lots of pics for all to see!:D

Narly R
07-27-2003, 06:40 AM
Cool! i want to ride, but theres thousands of people and it would be crouded! i just want to meet some cool peeps wel I guess Ill have to take the r and show everyone up!:rolleyes: j/p Ill try and get pics well i will!

CBW, you came ALL the way from colorado!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: And I live 60 miles aways and think its to far!:p If i go ill try and stay at houser will UPPracing! If they go!:ermm: :devil:

brokenbones
07-27-2003, 02:21 PM
we camp at florence and drive down to the fest there is alot of people that do this and we can ride nonstop when we are there all the cops are down at the fest so we dont get tickets

brokenbones

JOEX
07-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I wish I could go......:( Ive wanted to go for the last two years:grr: . If I had to dough I would be there.Everyone take lots of pics for all to see!:D
HHHHmmmm... this might be a good time for a West Coast Exriders get together at DuneFest next year.....

Just a thought;)

Joe

QuadJunkies
07-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
HHHHmmmm... this might be a good time for a West Coast Exriders get together at DuneFest next year.....

Just a thought;)

Joe this is true!!!!!!!:cool:

Narly R
07-27-2003, 07:18 PM
this is true!!!!!!!:cool:

VERT+Y true and a great time to meat some of you guys! But i dont really like goin over there to ride when theres that many people!:ermm: But ya we should DEFENTLY lan somthin hopefully by then ill have a ramp built and we can drag that out there!:devil:

QuadJunkies
07-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
VERT+Y true and a great time to meat some of you guys! But i dont really like goin over there to ride when theres that many people!:ermm: But ya we should DEFENTLY lan somthin hopefully by then ill have a ramp built and we can drag that out there!:devil: Im gonna spend a week down there when I come up,so we can ride all over and ride during the week at places when its not as crowded and go to dunefest too!!!!:blah: :cool:

JD400exrider
07-28-2003, 02:55 PM

Just a thought;)

Joe

Sounds real good. I want to go up there next year

Chef
07-28-2003, 02:58 PM

Just a thought;)

Joe

I'll be there next year....have the real bikes with me, as well.:D

lilpoppy
07-28-2003, 03:12 PM
where is dune fest at?

Chef
07-28-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by lilpoppy
where is dune fest at?

Winchester Bay, OR. Winchester isnt really a town...just kind of. Its about 5 minutes out of Reedsport to the south.

JOEX
07-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Chef
I'll be there next year....have the real bikes with me, as well.:D
Maybe i'll have a real dune machine by then:)

Joe

QuadJunkies
07-28-2003, 04:03 PM
Maybe i'll have a real dune machine by then:)

Joe Maybe Ill have a NEW one by then.......:blah: Ill have to plan this around another Dunetopia trip .When the times draws closer,and take a poll on when would work best for most members to go....:)

JOEX
07-28-2003, 04:11 PM
Maybe Ill have a NEW one by then.......:blah: Ill have to plan this around another Dunetopia trip .When the times draws closer,and take a poll on when would work best for most members to go....:)
:macho :macho :macho

Narly R
07-28-2003, 06:14 PM
That would be cool would the trip be to the oregon dunes?

QuadJunkies
07-28-2003, 06:50 PM
That would be cool would the trip be to the oregon dunes? Im doing both Idaho and Ore dunes next year.....:)

twisted threads
07-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Im doing both Idaho and Ore dunes next year.....:)
SO am I!!:blah: Its going to be a blast going back over to the BIG dunes of Idaho.....:cool:

QuadJunkies
07-29-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by twisted threads
SO am I!!:blah: Its going to be a blast going back over to the BIG dunes of Idaho.....:cool: So just how are they about DB levels at Winchester?I know how a few memebers said not to worry, but the Trinityy on the Pedator is pretty darn loud:eek2: ......its about a 105Db......Will I need to have the stock pipe put back on for the trip.......

twisted threads
07-29-2003, 10:05 AM
So just how are they about DB levels at Winchester?I know how a few memebers said not to worry, but the Trinityy on the Pedator is pretty darn loud:eek2: ......its about a 105Db......Will I need to have the stock pipe put back on for the trip.......
105db is very loud. My R is in the mid 90's and the Ex is some were around the mid 90's but once you go over that im not sure whats going to happen. You can do what I do when I see the Rangers.......RUN!! lol;)

CBW
07-29-2003, 10:29 AM
Winchester Bay, OR. Winchester isnt really a town...just kind of.

Its more like a marina,,,,and a couple of stores:D ,,,,,,,,we stayed at the marina in 2000,,,,,,discovery point isnt bad,,,,(that warning bouy would put you rignt to sleep after a while......LOL).......... cause when we made reservations it was unknowingly at the camp ground across the street.....and i didnt want to trailer the quads every day........and all the other stuff was full nothing like camping on pavement.......:(

Narly R
07-29-2003, 11:05 AM
well the stupid inviromentalist are really getting to everyone over there!:grr: It sucks I think there going to try and lower the sound level to like 93db's! I think its like 97-98 or sumthin right now. Ive only seen a couple peeps get checked, but with the new rules theres rangers EVERYWHERE! And if you see one and they point to u and tell ya to come over here just dont look and act like you never saw them!;)

About 90% of the bikes over there are over the sound limit, the other 10% have stock pipes!

Ok we MOST DEFENTLY need to get this dune trip goin cause I have lots of friends that are dieing to make a big dune trip! Maybe we shouldnt wait a hole year?!:ermm: Any suggestions? Maybe in October its my birfday too! But I like goin over there around then, but next summer would be cool too cause we could have more time to plan, we should stay at Houser, cause UPP has a camp ground over there and they wpould prolly come if I told them what is goin on and we could stay theer and it would be SWEET!!!!!! Houser is right between Box Car and Spinreel I like that strip of sunes WAY better than Winchester IMO it has WAY better dunes and stuff, Winchester has more flats, Winchester is where the draggers go and Horse Falls is where the badarses go!:D No Im just throwin out ideas...:ermm:

Quad Junkies, when are ya planning on gooing over there?

I think this could be LOTS of fun...:cool:

ThorChick
07-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Andrew and I are skipping Dunefest for the second year in a row, along with the rest of our group. Its an awesome event, but when it costs $110 for 2 people just to camp, its not worth it. The event organizer has become too money hungry since he took over and has lost sight of th sport he is supposed to be representing. Now it seems that Dunefest has become an event for the wealthy, those who can afford to drop $110 for a weekend, plus food and gas and whatever else they may need.
So instead of Dunefest, us po' folk are going to head to Florence or Sandlake for the weekend, spend $10 to camp, and have just as much fun with a lot less cops around.:devil: :devil: hehehehe

JOEX
07-29-2003, 02:19 PM
$110:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
WoW! I didn't know that was the case....I don't think it is worth that either...too many people also. Much better to go where the people aren't.

The Db limit at the Oregon dunes is currently 93. The limit at Sandlake is 97. We went to Horsefall a few weeks ago and most of us had aftermarket pipes, even a Raptor with a Trinity, that mofo was LOUD... no one got checked though....

I stayed at Discovery Point for a night last summer. Kind of an odd place but htey have showers:)

Joe

ThorChick
07-29-2003, 02:22 PM
Its $60 to camp on the sand, and another $25 each person for the event passes they are requiring you to have if you camp. Adds up to waaaaay too much for me....

Chef
07-29-2003, 02:35 PM

Winchester has more flats, Winchester is where the draggers go and Horse Falls is where the badarses go!:D No Im just throwin out ideas...:ermm:

:

Are you talkin about the Winchester Bay that has real hillclimbs and big dunes...are were you dreaming again?:confused:

Narly R
07-29-2003, 05:30 PM
Are you talkin about the Winchester Bay that has real hillclimbs and big dunes...are were you dreaming again?:confused:

Well thats not what i mean let me correct myself! they have some of the biggest hills on the oregon coast, but they (imo) dont have as good as "dunes" and more flats..:ermm: seems like a lot of it is just rolling hills, but its been a while since Ive been there. They have a few good size dunes...;)

I just perfure Horse Falls:)

Chef
07-29-2003, 06:00 PM
Well thats not what i mean let me correct myself! they have some of the biggest hills on the oregon coast, but they (imo) dont have as good as "dunes" and more flats..:ermm: seems like a lot of it is just rolling hills, but its been a while since Ive been there. They have a few good size dunes...;)

I just perfure Horse Falls:)

Yea...Coos Bay does have everywhere else beat as far as overall. If you go out to the back of Winchester, there are some serious dunes. But they aren't as fun, because they are super tall and not much flat spot on top...:ermm:

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by ThorChick
Andrew and I are skipping Dunefest for the second year in a row, along with the rest of our group. Its an awesome event, but when it costs $110 for 2 people just to camp, its not worth it. The event organizer has become too money hungry since he took over and has lost sight of th sport he is supposed to be representing. Now it seems that Dunefest has become an event for the wealthy, those who can afford to drop $110 for a weekend, plus food and gas and whatever else they may need.
So instead of Dunefest, us po' folk are going to head to Florence or Sandlake for the weekend, spend $10 to camp, and have just as much fun with a lot less cops around.:devil: :devil: hehehehe HOLY COW....:eek: hmmmmmm, I dunno, this would be 14of us comming up so its just 25ea. for the fees w/o capming right?We will stay in a motel somewhere cause when Im on vacation.......Im spoiled.. I want showers and a bed......:p :D

Narly R
07-30-2003, 06:19 AM
HOLY COW....:eek: hmmmmmm, I dunno, this would be 14of us comming up so its just 25ea. for the fees w/o capming right?We will stay in a motel somewhere cause when Im on vacation.......Im spoiled.. I want showers and a bed......:p :D

Ya there all going to be full! make reservations right now for next year!:eek2: :(

Were going over this saterday for the day, Ill tell yall how it is!

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 06:38 AM
Ya there all going to be full! make reservations right now for next year!:eek2: :(

Were going over this saterday for the day, Ill tell yall how it is! opppps!!!!!! I meant 4 not 14 lol..but we may have four others that may want to go,heck now that I think of it, we nay have close to 14 that may want to go ... :p but for sure just the 4 of us for now I know the others will bring there Rv's to camp if they decide to go.

twisted threads
07-30-2003, 07:23 AM
Yea...Coos Bay does have everywhere else beat as far as overall. If you go out to the back of Winchester, there are some serious dunes. But they aren't as fun, because they are super tall and not much flat spot on top...:ermm:

Coos Bay is a blast but I think the Wichester Bay is the best place to ride. The hills at Winchester are a lot more difficult that Coos Bay and there are lots of razor backs you can mess around on also.:cool:

07-30-2003, 11:22 AM
yea i would have to agree with narly r i prefer horsefalls more

JOEX
07-30-2003, 06:24 PM
Looks like we need a "plan B" for the west coast Exriders dune trip......
Pesonally I think it is a toss up between Horsefall and Florence...slightly leaning to Horsefall at the moment, going to Florence at the end of Aug. so the opinion might change:p ....

I think Winchester might be a better "day trip" If we decide on the one of the other locals those that want to go to Winchester could trailer to Winchester for a day ride.... Just throwing out some ideas...

Joe

ThorChick
07-30-2003, 06:35 PM
I take at least 2-3 day trips a month to Florence so I know the area really well and I think everyone would have a great time riding there next summer. Winchester is another great area and since I don't really go there very often I think it would be great to plan a trip there also. We spent a few days over there for the 4th and had a great time exploring. My 300ex even made it up bashee hill!!! No matter what everyone decides for next summer I don't think we'll regret any of it.

ThorChick
07-30-2003, 06:39 PM
JOEX ~ When are you heading to Florence? I only live about an hour away from there and would like to meet up with some more members to ride with.

QuadJunkies
07-30-2003, 06:52 PM
Looks like we need a "plan B" for the west coast Exriders dune trip......
Pesonally I think it is a toss up between Horsefall and Florence...slightly leaning to Horsefall at the moment, going to Florence at the end of Aug. so the opinion might change:p ....

I think Winchester might be a better "day trip" If we decide on the one of the other locals those that want to go to Winchester could trailer to Winchester for a day ride.... Just throwing out some ideas...

Joe Im game for all of it.Just throw me in the mix...:D Ill want to ride all the hot spots before I head home.....;)

Chef
07-31-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by twisted threads
Coos Bay is a blast but I think the Wichester Bay is the best place to ride. The hills at Winchester are a lot more difficult that Coos Bay and there are lots of razor backs you can mess around on also.:cool:

Ok, its been decided. We are going to Winchester.:D

JOEX
07-31-2003, 05:21 PM
JOEX ~ When are you heading to Florence? I only live about an hour away from there and would like to meet up with some more members to ride with.
We have five sites reserved at driftwood II for the 24-28 Sun.-Thur. Let me know if your going to be around. I think we are all full but there might be space.:) Even if it's just for the day let me know!

Im game for all of it.Just throw me in the mix...:D Ill want to ride all the hot spots before I head home.....;)
Now that sounds like a good time!:D

Ok, its been decided. We are going to Winchester.:D
Sure, for a day trip!:D

Joe

Chef
07-31-2003, 05:38 PM

Sure, for a day trip!:D

Joe

Yea, I was thinkin, if this is gonna be a few days long, why not just go to different places for the days? You can ride alot of Winchester in a day...

QuadJunkies
07-31-2003, 05:43 PM
Yea, I was thinkin, if this is gonna be a few days long, why not just go to different places for the days? You can ride alot of Winchester in a day... If I was able to make it, thats what I would do :).........

JOEX
07-31-2003, 05:54 PM
Yea, I was thinkin, if this is gonna be a few days long, why not just go to different places for the days? You can ride alot of Winchester in a day...
Sound good... I was thinking of camping at Florence or Horsefall for a few to several days and trailering to Winchester for one of the days. I've only been to Winchester once but we covered most of the area in that day...

It's not much fun camping at one place for a day or two then moving to the next place for a day or two. Too much moving around, setting up, and less time for riding:)

My choices at the moment are Horsefall or Florence and make a day trip to Winchester. Maybe the last day?

Joe

Narly R
07-31-2003, 06:05 PM
You guys leaven me out?:( :p

I think goin to Winchester for a DAY would be cool, but I would defently like to camp at spinreel, well shoot i forgot UPP (my good ol' buds) have a sorta little campground in Houser, and if we get a date for this I could tell them about it and theyd prolly go and we could stay at there place (maybe). i dont want to invite myself and a lot of other people, considering when we go i have LOTS of friends that will go too. Houser is between Spinrell and Box Car (if anyone didnt know) I dont want to wait a hole YEAR for this trip though...:ermm:

ThorChick
07-31-2003, 08:28 PM
JOEX ~ I hould be able to make it for one or 2 days that trip depending on my schedule at work that week. I don't knw if I'll camp with a bunch of strange people but I'll definitely come for at least a day.

JOEX
08-01-2003, 01:46 AM
JOEX ~ I hould be able to make it for one or 2 days that trip depending on my schedule at work that week. I don't knw if I'll camp with a bunch of strange people but I'll definitely come for at least a day.
HEY!.... You callin' us strange!?!:grr: :cuss: lol! j/k

Narly R, If you're going to be at Florence the end of August stop by....

Joe

airheadedduner
08-03-2003, 11:41 AM
I just got back from 3 days at florence. The showers at driftwood 2's campground are done:D $1 for 5min though:ermm: It was pretty badass, it was windy so all the jumps where round on the bottom and sharp up top, they just launched you. I found a lot of nice step-ups. I hit a few 35 footers. Comp hill is smothed out a lot. That akward bump in the middle is gone, beat a handfull of shees, and got beat buy some fast bikes. Across from us was a guy with a shee featured in april 96' issue of DW. I got pics of it, its a sweet bike. Too bad 2 stroke riders on 4 stroke bikes don't mix, I ended up wasting the clutch on the 440 the second trip out:scary: Oh well, I will be up, running, and thrashing to go riding shortly.

J.A.B. Racing
08-03-2003, 05:34 PM
I think we should go to Horsefall. We just went down this weekend to Bark Rd and it was awsome:D :D Box Car was hoppin pretty good on friday night:devil: few cops out but they were just pulling over people that were riding up the hill with no lights on:confused: thats crazy:confused2 but I would like to meet up with everybody sometime down there

Narly R
08-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Alright dudes and dudets, i went saturday to winchester and stayed at houser all day sunday it was AWSOME Dana Creech was at the drags!:eek2: I didnt get to meat him though my friend got his aoutograph, lets see I got to stay at the UPP house and ride with them a LITTLE cause my bike runs like POOP!!!!! But i met an AWSOME kid too he was kinda there with UPP his name is Kevin, I fore got his last name, but I guess hes good, hes from southern cali, hes sponsered by like LRD, AXIS, AC....... and LOTS more, and I talked to a couple guys from Trinidy Racing, it was cool it was bad my bike was running TERRIBLE ( I think my piston or rings is the trouble) cause there was some SWEET jumps!:eek2:

We saw some pretty crazy bike too! i say a Gas Gas and a Eraser! Two i didnt really expect.... good times, I enjoyed it!:)

CHAUNCY
08-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Check your pm's Narly

QuadJunkies
08-03-2003, 06:17 PM
Alright dudes and dudets, i went saturday to winchester and stayed at houser all day sunday it was AWSOME Dana Creech was at the drags!:eek2: I didnt get to meat him though my friend got his aoutograph, lets see I got to stay at the UPP house and ride with them a LITTLE cause my bike runs like POOP!!!!! But i met an AWSOME kid too he was kinda there with UPP his name is Kevin, I fore got his last name, but I guess hes good, hes from southern cali, hes sponsered by like LRD, AXIS, AC....... and LOTS more, and I talked to a couple guys from Trinidy Racing, it was cool it was bad my bike was running TERRIBLE ( I think my piston or rings is the trouble) cause there was some SWEET jumps!:eek2:

We saw some pretty crazy bike too! i say a Gas Gas and a Eraser! Two i didnt really expect.... good times, I enjoyed it!:) right on!!!!!!!!!!!:blah: :macho :cool:

Narly R
08-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
Check your pm's Narly

10-4 ol' buddie!;)

I think my "PM pop up box" is broken it dont say when i have pm's!:( O-well ill figure it out...:D

CHAUNCY
08-04-2003, 05:50 AM
10-4 ol' buddie!;)

I think my "PM pop up box" is broken it dont say when i have pm's!:( O-well ill figure it out...:D

Mine is the same way. It will prolly be fixed soon. Was there alot of streetbikes in quad chassis at the drags ?

Narly R
08-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Well there was only two they looked a little alike, but one guy didnt know what he was doing and the other haled arse!:eek2: Mostly modded shee's! there was one wicked r that beat a lot of shee's!:eek2: We say some pretty fast bikes...