PDA

View Full Version : Pacific NW ATV race organization?

AndreS
07-25-2003, 11:16 AM
i've been going to, watching & racing in some ATV races here in the northwest over the last couple years. i'm not involved in any clubs or organizations right now but would join one if it helps peolpe know about events... that is, if it would help me know when events are taking place that interest me & helps the sport of ATV racing grow here in the NW. most events are not AMA here in the NW.

what i've found is that no organization tracks the ATV events(competitive & not) around the NW (realistically). of the events i know about, ATV classes are seldom listed on flyers and word of them does not get around very well.. the result is few riders show up, sometimes not even enough to run one class.
i'd like to see more events for ATV's, but first you need better attendance at the events that are now being run.... how do you increase attendance if nobody knows about the events?

deepcj7
07-27-2003, 05:01 PM
I don't know either. But I'm always looking and can't find anything. All it would take is to hang a flyer at your local dealer, that's where I go hoping to find them.

AndreS
07-27-2003, 06:01 PM
that's exactly my point. you gotta get the info out to the riders, racers & dealers in order to get attendance up...

i think it'd be great if a club or group would track all the events that involve ATV racing & events of all forms in the NW & help get the word out(or at least attempt to)... mailings, website, etc. they don't have to track points(way too much work)... just keep a calendar that defines event type, location, contacts, organizers, sanctioning groups, links, etc. the scope would focus on the NW, but also include some other events that would interest NW riders & racers... WORCS, ITP quadcross, etc

there are a couple ATV clubs with recreational focus that i know of in the western WA area. I don't believe it would be far fetched to think they might be interested in adding this info to thier website & mailings...

Chef
07-27-2003, 06:04 PM
www.wadt.net
www.mshmc.org

I dont think there is a whole lot for MX, but there are a few flat tracks around.

AndreS
07-29-2003, 09:02 AM
thanks for the links chef, but once again it proves the point i'm making.

i'm debating trying some TT/FT too.(not sure if i want to spend the $$$ on doing the setup) i looked over the results and it looks like the only class i'd fit into is open quad

LapTraffic
07-31-2003, 01:25 PM
It's pretty funny that you brought this up, I about fell out of my chair when I read your question.

What youre looking for is in the works right now, Washington Quad Riders Association.

I've been involved with the founder for the last few weeks getting information compiled to get ready for distribution

Snipit from rough draft of newsletter.

"WQRA’s FOCUS:
The WQRA is committed to developing the sport of Quad Racing in Washington State. Opening new venues, creating new series’, helping new racers enter into the sport and serving as an information hub for news and information on our sport through our webpage, email and mailings."

PM me your contact information if youre interested and I will get in touch with you.

AndreS
07-31-2003, 08:53 PM
cool! i sent you my info in a PM, i'll do what i can to help out if i can. i was sure that i was not the first to think about this.

AndreS
08-21-2003, 12:09 PM
i haven't heard from you... any info?

chef- when does the indoor stuff at monroe start? what kind of setup is needed?

Chef
08-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by AndreS
i haven't heard from you... any info?

chef- when does the indoor stuff at monroe start? what kind of setup is needed?

I dont know when that stuff starts. I dont want to take my stuff up there and beat the hell out of it, and neither do you I'm thinkin.:ermm:

norrisboat
08-22-2003, 07:43 AM
The Arizona Quad Racers Association is also in the works. Its cool to see people are starting these organizations up to help promote the sport. Hopefully in a couple years quad racing will be in the x-games or somethin. Someday.

AndreS
09-26-2003, 12:23 AM
looks like it's in the works under the name Pacific Northwest Quad Racers Association. here's a link to a thread containing the first newsletter (http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/2/threadid/362259/STARTPAGE/1.cfm) .

they need dates for as many events as we can give them.... TT, FT, MX, XC, poker runs, etc.... anywhere in the NW, including ID, OR, & BC
they just have some MX & hare scrambles listed so far

dirtmomma
09-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Chef
I dont know when that stuff starts. I dont want to take my stuff up there and beat the hell out of it, and neither do you I'm thinkin.:ermm:
OOO come on Chef dont' knock it till you try it!!
Andre the indoor series @ Monroe starts on Nov 8th , the track isn't that bad, it's just not as big as Chef likes:rolleyes: if you gear your bike right it's fun & good practice. We'll be running the whole series out there(the kids & I) we can't wait!! I have alot of the race schedules up on our website...Oakwood,Rainier,Wild cat series, SIR.

Some more info on some racing starting around the end of Sept. Lynnwood motoplex has opened up an indoor track in Smokey Point & they are going to be starting a flattrack scrambles, & TT so there's another option.

yellowhonda
10-26-2003, 10:41 PM
as far as what i have seen lynnwood motoplex's new indoor track in arlington is bikes only. all the races so far is for bikes. they have flat track coming up here soon but as far as motocross it is bikes only
but there is a new track in snohomish washington which is bike and quad!!!! it is a membership only track but the track is awesome. very quad friendly with lots of jumps. you can find more info at www.offcentermotorsports.com not sure on the cost yet!!! i just found it

dirtmomma
10-27-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by yellowhonda
as far as what i have seen lynnwood motoplex's new indoor track in arlington is bikes only. all the races so far is for bikes. they have flat track coming up here soon but as far as motocross it is bikes only
but there is a new track in snohomish washington which is bike and quad!!!! it is a membership only track but the track is awesome. very quad friendly with lots of jumps. you can find more info at www.offcentermotorsports.com not sure on the cost yet!!! i just found it

the Motoplex track will be running a scramble track after the flattrack they were saying, & yeah it's a motorcycle mx track from what I seen too, I didn't go cuz I've never done whoops & I didn't want to hurt myself LMAO:eek2: I'm frm Everett too, do you race?? Just thinkin I might know ya.
WOW I just checked out that site sounds to me that if they dont' want ya as a member then your NOT getting in:huh we aren't into arena cross really but thanks for the link.

yellowhonda
10-27-2003, 10:37 AM
yeah the whoops can kill you on a quad......i rode that track when they first opened and whoops were tough. what is a scramble??? my buddy might race some of the flattrack this year....i am not sure if i will.....we will probably go out to monroe to flat track when they start..... i dont race yet maybe next year.....i am over coming a herniated disc so i have been taking it easy! where do you normally race at?
ever been to atvconnection.com??? theyhave tons of forums there and there is one thread of pugetsound riders/racers there. it is under where to ride and look for puget sound riders....tons of people there.

dirtmomma
10-27-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by yellowhonda
yeah the whoops can kill you on a quad......i rode that track when they first opened and whoops were tough. what is a scramble??? my buddy might race some of the flattrack this year....i am not sure if i will.....we will probably go out to monroe to flat track when they start..... i dont race yet maybe next year.....i am over coming a herniated disc so i have been taking it easy! where do you normally race at?
ever been to atvconnection.com??? theyhave tons of forums there and there is one thread of pugetsound riders/racers there. it is under where to ride and look for puget sound riders....tons of people there.

Hey hey well a rough scramble is kinda like MX but the jumps arent' as big I don't think:confused: They seemed to be getting bigger out @ Oakwood!! Yeah we race @ Monroe!! We'll be there on Nov. 8:D :D Can't wait!!! Come on over & say HI, my son rides a blaster w/ gray rear fenders & no front #4 & I run my 300ex also #4 we will be pitting in the outdoor arena unless they change things from last year.

YEP I'm a member over @ atvconnection but never go on there anymore since I found this one:o but might have to check that out!! We are going to practice flattrack @ Motoplex on Thurs. afternoon (after 3pm) so if you & your buddy want to practice we'll be there along w/ my nephew,bro in law,the little ones will be riding too!! should be fun,