PDA

View Full Version : quoting how-to?

dariusld
07-25-2003, 09:31 AM
How do you get the author of the quote to show up? I searched and couldn't find the answer. I also just tried different stuff and didn't figure it out. It's probably easy. I have just been quoting without showing the author. Thanks in advance.

CHAUNCY
07-25-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by dariusld
How do you get the author of the quote to show up? I searched and couldn't find the answer. I also just tried different stuff and didn't figure it out. It's probably easy. I have just been quoting without showing the author. Thanks in advance. I just hit the quote button and it shows up.

[i ] Originally posted by dariusld [/i ] You might have to put that in between the two quotes but without the spaces between the I's and brackets:ermm:

AtvMxRider
07-25-2003, 01:17 PM
How do you get the author of the quote to show up? I searched and couldn't find the answer. I also just tried different stuff and didn't figure it out. It's probably easy. I have just been quoting without showing the author. Thanks in advance.

like this

dariusld
07-25-2003, 01:56 PM
I'm getting closer. But still haven't got it.

AtvMxRider
07-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Just hit the quote button. Then type what ever you want to say under it.

Guy400
07-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Hitting the quote button like was already mentioned is by far the easiest. But, if you want to do it manually here's how:

Originally posted by dariusld[/i ]
[b ]blah, blah, blah[/b ][/quote ]

Type those vBB codes but remove the spaces I've left before the last bracket on each tag. For an easy tutorial, quote somebody using the quote button and then go back in and edit your own thread and look how the board automatically tagged the quote.

[quote][i]Originally posted by dariusld
blah, blah, blahHere's what it should look like when you remove the spaces.

zlam27
07-30-2003, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE]

hmmm

zlam27
07-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by zlam27
[QUOTE]

hmmm

ohhh, that quote button (not the one above where im typing this right now, but the one on the actual forum page. VIOLA.

dariusld
07-31-2003, 05:43 AM
The steps I take to quote. 1. I highlight what I'm going to quote. 2. I copy it. 3. I hit the quote button( the one next to the "list" button). 4. I paste it in the quote box.
ohhh, that quote button (not the one above where im typing this right now, but the one on the actual forum page. VIOLA. And this is what I'm getting. Still no Originally posted by. It must be easy, because everyone does it.

Pappy
07-31-2003, 05:45 AM
The steps I take to quote. 1. I highlight what I'm going to quote. 2. I copy it. 3. I hit the quote button( the one next to the "list" button). And this is what I'm getting. Still no Originally posted by. It must be easy, because everyone does it.

if you hit the quote button instead of post reply it will show up

dariusld
07-31-2003, 05:47 AM
OH I'll try that.

dariusld
07-31-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
if you hit the quote button instead of post reply it will show up Thanks Pappy. It's about time I got it.

dariusld
07-31-2003, 05:50 AM
Thanks for all the help.

JabberJaw
07-31-2003, 08:25 AM
Dont quote me...but that last guy I asked said, "You have to have some form of intelligence to do that!".... so I gave up!

Pappy
07-31-2003, 08:32 AM
Thanks Pappy. It's about time I got it.

thats all i ever hear:ermm: ahh to be 16 again:devil: