PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone torn or had no ligament?

Foxyangel0425
07-25-2003, 08:01 AM
Hello!!

Has anyone torn a ligament or found out they have no ligaments left, either in their foot or arm etc? :confused: If you have what did they do for it?

seven
07-25-2003, 08:50 AM
I have torn the acl ligament in my knee and had to have surgery to put a new one in

Johnny_G
07-25-2003, 08:53 AM
Flat landed the finish line tabletop at red-bud in 99 (BTW I won the moto) tore my ACL,PCL,MCL and medial meniscus..........sat out for 9 months waiting for my tibia to be strong enough to attach the cadaver (dead person) ligaments to. Never did have the surgery, I just wear a CTI2 brace when I race

07-25-2003, 09:00 AM
I've torn the ligaments in my ankle and my elbow and it hurt like hell.. It took many many months to heal. As a matter of fact my right ankle is still swollen and i hurt it over 2 years ago.. :(

Foxyangel0425
07-25-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I've torn the ligaments in my ankle and my elbow and it hurt like hell.. It took many many months to heal. As a matter of fact my right ankle is still swollen and i hurt it over 2 years ago.. :(

Does your ankle swell when you walk for a long period of time? Or does it snap and go limp when you jump or run?

I spraned my ankle a few weeks ago, and when i went to go see the doctor he asked me several questions and he came to the possiblity of either i tore a ligament or i don't have any. He put me in a silly boot and he sent me for a MRI and I have a follow up appt. with the doctor next week, to see what the MRI showed. I am really worried it is torn and they have to do surgery on it. :ermm: :( I like my cute feet to much to have them all tore up.

MXcutie
07-25-2003, 10:00 AM
i pulled every single ligament and tendon in your ankle and torn one slightly... i had to do PT for like ever it seemed like but it's fine now just if i run on it have ot wear a special brace and ice it... you'll have problems now till you die:(

Atreyu
07-25-2003, 10:03 AM
I Rode off a cliff and the quad rolled 3 times and the nerf landed on my leg from like a ten foot drop. Crushed all ligaments, muscle tissue, and got a few hairline fractures. Sucked

Got Huevos?
07-25-2003, 12:21 PM
i torn off my akelies heel ligament or near there and one off the ankle bone and another one near around there. it took 2 months of crutches and 1 year of wearing a big plastic brace. this pain was so freakin bad when i did it it starts hurting just thinking about it. my whole foot swelled up 2 or 3 times its normal size and bruise all around my foot. just when the doctor was looking at it his breath would hit it and it would hurt. then he touched it i almost hit him in the face for that cuz he did it with out warning. this was when i was 12 and i was put on 800 milligrams of motrin.

bongwater200
07-25-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Foxyangel0425
Hello!!

Has anyone torn a ligament or found out they have no ligaments left, either in their foot or arm etc? :confused: If you have what did they do for it?

If you just tore a ligament, its not THAT big of a deal. They usually heal up pretty decent if you're nice to them while they heal. I tore my ACL and MCL a long time ago. They just went in with a scope, checked it over really good, and decided to let it heal naturally since it wasn't torn all the way through. I was only off it for a week or so, and went back to racing after 4 weeks. If you BROKE one in half or detached it from the bone, its a bit more involved and generally requires surgery to reattach or replace it. Then you'll usually be down for a bit longer to heal properly.

I didn't even know you could NOT have a ligament? Seems like you'd have noticed something a little strange in the way your knee/ankle, or whatever worked???

Either way... good luck!

AZblaster44
07-25-2003, 12:38 PM
I don't have an ACL in my right knee.....the doctors say i can do what ever....I think it's weird:ermm:

bongwater200
07-25-2003, 12:55 PM
Hmmmmmmm........ that makes me wonder..........

If you had NO ligaments in your knee, would it be a lot easier to kick yourself in the forehead like WeeMan on Jackass?

soul
07-25-2003, 01:01 PM
ripped ligaments and tendons in both ankles within 2 months of eachother:huh

Lehr 110
07-25-2003, 04:19 PM
during wrestling..i tore a tendon off my bone and my growth plate...passed out 3 times and had to have surgery and put a screw in my elbow

hondafox440
07-25-2003, 05:50 PM
I tore ligaments in my knee when I was in like 1st grade. Someone (I think my sisters friend) kicked me hard in the knee, and it like buckled sideways or something. I don't remember too much, only waking up the next morning and falling down when I tried to stand on it. Still bothers me every now and then..

Tommy 17
07-26-2003, 04:09 AM
when i blew out my knee i tore a ligament and stretched a few tendons... now they tendons stretch really easy and it always hurts... i have to be really protective of my my knee...

there is nothign worse then when i am kiddin around with a girl and she kicks me in the knee... thats the most pain ever:(

07-26-2003, 04:29 AM
i tore the ligament in my legs when i ran into a cart on my dirtbike a long time ago it healed on its own

bongwater200
07-26-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

there is nothign worse then when i am kiddin around with a girl and she kicks me in the knee... thats the most pain ever:(

I'd have to argue against that. That is..... Unless you're referring to the middle knee?

Tommy 17
07-26-2003, 07:15 AM
but the middle knee stosp hurtin after a lil bit of time...

the right knee my bad knee hurts for months:(

ReddRacer250ex
07-26-2003, 05:03 PM
I tore a tendon in my left ring finger, from hanging on the rim during basketball season. It sucked really bad cuz they had to take a tendon out of my rist and put in my finger. Now i have a nice scar on my rist and it looks like i tried to commit suicide.:ermm:

07-26-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
when i blew out my knee i tore a ligament and stretched a few tendons... now they tendons stretch really easy and it always hurts... i have to be really protective of my my knee...

stop being such a creepy perv and they wouldnt do that:eek: