PDA

View Full Version : Silvervien frame and silver plastic ?

CHAUNCY
07-25-2003, 07:09 AM
I was thinking about getting silver plastic for my 250r. It will have a silver vian frame, plated a-arms(almost like chrome), and blue accessories(sp) and a polished engine. Do you think it will look wierd ? Also, I have stock a-arms will it look wierd if I get race cut maier and still have my stock a-arms ? What are your thought on this ?

F0URZER0ZER0
07-25-2003, 07:53 AM
hmm maybe try a different color to contrast the darker silver if you know what i mean. unless you like dark quads but i like more brighter ones with some contrast. i had stock arms on my 400 and cut plastic...looked fine

XANDADA
07-25-2003, 07:57 AM
silvervein rubs off pretty easy as I have found out :(

I'd go with a different color if I could do it all over again...

CHAUNCY
07-25-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
silvervein rubs off pretty easy as I have found out :(

I'd go with a different color if I could do it all over again...

Why does silvervien rub off easy ? Was it a frame or little parts ? four00ex- I understand what your are saying. I was also thinking of white platic instead of silver:ermm:

300exOH
07-25-2003, 08:41 AM
I think all silver would look sweet.:cool: I thought about doing that myself.

XANDADA
07-25-2003, 09:03 AM
It wasn't clear coated which I'm told helps longevity but my a-arms, swingarm, throttle all show extensive signs of wear. The a-arms are the worst and I only have about 8 hours on them. Maybe the frame would be ok if clearcoated. I don't know enough about it other than Im staying away from silvervein and just thought I'd share my experience.

CHAUNCY
07-25-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
It wasn't clear coated which I'm told helps longevity but my a-arms, swingarm, throttle all show extensive signs of wear. The a-arms are the worst and I only have about 8 hours on them. Maybe the frame would be ok if clearcoated. I don't know enough about it other than Im staying away from silvervein and just thought I'd share my experience.

I appreciate that man. Trying to help me out. I might go with a different color now but I really like the silvervien:ermm:

CHAUNCY
07-27-2003, 06:11 PM
Anynbody have any other opinions....just trying to get some mental images in my mind of different color schemes that might look good.

CowsBitePeople
07-27-2003, 06:28 PM
Silver vein a arms yz blue frame and silver plastics :macho

EvilJester400EX
07-27-2003, 07:57 PM
My silvervein a-arms have held up just fine. I would get black plastics if I were you.

TeamC&GRacer
07-28-2003, 05:09 AM
if you guys really want a cool color scheme, try doing a black frame and getting all of the other parts done in GOLDVEIN and have black plastics over it. We are doing this to the lt80 as we speak, and it looks really cool

Narly R
07-28-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by TeamC&GRacer
if you guys really want a cool color scheme, try doing a black frame and getting all of the other parts done in GOLDVEIN and have black plastics over it. We are doing this to the lt80 as we speak, and it looks really cool

That would defently stand out!

I have a silvervein swingarm I think it is, it is a "chrome like" color I kinda like it it dont look oo much like silver though...:ermm: theres sooo many differnt color schemes!:eek2: I just went with a red frame, black plastic, chrome a-arms, (i might get5 my lower arms PCed) and will get a chrome swingarm. If i ever got a a another bike I would get a Blue sparkly frame and white plastic, maybe.... I think that looks cool...:ermm: Good Luck!

lil400exman
07-28-2003, 07:18 AM
i gotta get a pic of my color scheme guys it looks pretty sweet black and neon green and hiper rims:devil:

CHAUNCY
07-28-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by danney f
Here is a color scheme for ya.;)

Check out the little atc70
http://www.siteskins.net/hotlookscoating/4.html

Is that your sons atc ? It has a nice look to it but I am looking for something different:eek:

soul
07-29-2003, 05:03 PM
i just sent mine in to get powdercoated transparent red kinda like yamahas new red on there frames, and im doin my plastic on my 400ex in silver with quadtech carbonfiber