View Full Version : Roll design a arms/ swing arm any good????

400exBro
01-19-2002, 05:59 PM
I am in the market for either a arms or a swing arm since i read that stock swing arms are really weak and will break from jumping, so i might replace the swingarm before i get the other mods..
i also have a 25% discount on roll design so if they aren't that expensive i might buy there stuff, any who, does roll design make a good quility swing arm and or a arms??
And does any one know their web page so i can get specs for their stuff.
Also what lenght of a arms should i get +1/+2
Or how much longer should i go on the swing arm??
thanks
400exBro

01-19-2002, 06:43 PM
from what iv heard, roll is sweet. they r expensive, doug eichner rids it on his bike. im not sure if they hav a website. +2 a rms
nd 1.5, or close swingarm

kabd69667
01-19-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
I am in the market for either a arms or a swing arm since i read that stock swing arms are really weak and will break from jumping, so i might replace the swingarm before i get the other mods..
i also have a 25% discount on roll design so if they aren't that expensive i might buy there stuff, any who, does roll design make a good quility swing arm and or a arms??
And does any one know their web page so i can get specs for their stuff.
Also what lenght of a arms should i get +1/+2
Or how much longer should i go on the swing arm??
thanks
400exBro
Roll design is the best on the market. You wanna spend the 4 g's on arms swingarm, shocks you go ahead. your still lookin atleast 3 with the 25% off. Get +2 a arms. Go to www.duncanracing.com to get some details. Your paying for the name somewhat. Your money

01-19-2002, 07:43 PM
I have herd alot of good stuff on roll. they are supost to hold up..

Scott
01-19-2002, 08:32 PM
Roll is expensive, but if you compare the quality of the material used and the quality of the welds, I don't think you're going to find anyone else that is better. But they can get REALLY expensive. To me, $260 for footpegs is insane. But Roll can't seem to make them fast enough.

Some of the guys on here were talking about skid plates a week or two ago, talking up one particular skid saying it was the best. Last week I saw that EXACT skid laying on the workbench mangled up. After seeing one in person, it's no where near what I have on my bike. So, the point I'm trying to make is, just because something is popular on this site, doesn't mean it's the best one on the market.

01-19-2002, 08:55 PM
Roll Designs front end kit costs 2619 bucks with tax and everything delivered to your house. They come in either plus 1 or plus 3 inch a-arms they do not make a plus 2. Or atleast this is what roll designs told me directly. The rear end kit is 1595.00 shipped to your door that is there price no 25% discount. They come in stock length plus 1,2,3 whatever u want im pretty sure. How did u get the 25% discount?

01-19-2002, 08:58 PM
ALso i forgot if u are in a hurry U do not want to go with roll designs but if u want the best then the wait is worth it. I ordered my stuff about 4 1/2 months ago and i still havent got anything from them except for my footpegs. The last time i called about 2 weeks ago the said my a-arms were going to powdercoat and my swimgarm would be another week or two so it is taking a great deal of time to get this.

str400ex
01-19-2002, 10:29 PM
ive got the roll lobo 2 on my 400 and i love it the price is high but its not that far off when you consider your getting top of the line a arms and shocks it handels great

400exRacerX
01-19-2002, 10:33 PM
The two top of the line front ends are the Roll Design and Laeger's T-pin front ends,,,both very expensive. The Roll Design front end goes for 2,500 and the rear end goes for 1,500. I would rather have the Laeger's T-pin set up though, because it doesn't bind up like ball joints do. Here's a pic of my friends 250R will a Roll Design front end, frame, rear end, and steering stem. My buddies chassis is identical to Travis Spader's chassis in 2000. It costs well over 12,000 complete and that 12,000 dollars is just the chassis parts and nothing else, that quad is well over a 25,000 dollar atv.

400exBro
01-20-2002, 06:55 AM
when you consider your getting top of the line a arms and shocks it handels great

Shocks come with the a arms????
I found a 25% discount card laying around in my room and it expires july of 2002. so thats y i looking around for some goodies.
But that price is a little high for a set of a arms, they have to camber caster adjustable and i'll buy, if not lsr will get my vote.

Laegars swing arms how much am i expecting for them???
Who else makes good quility swing arms???
thanks
400exBro

mrusk
01-20-2002, 08:03 AM
Most likely that 25% off coupon you got came in H4. I got the same coupon. I called Duncan to order a roll front end, when they told me to coupon isnt good on the aarms. THe coupon is only good on the footpegs and IMS products. The coupon is very deceving showing alll the roll products. But in the corner of the card it says seletives roll products only.

matt

400exBro
01-20-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by mrusk
Most likely that 25% off coupon you got came in H4. I got the same coupon. I called Duncan to order a roll front end, when they told me to coupon isnt good on the aarms. THe coupon is only good on the footpegs and IMS products. The coupon is very deceving showing alll the roll products. But in the corner of the card it says seletives roll products only.

matt

Ow you blew up all my dreams:eek:
That is dumb, i guess i will have to get a cheapier pair as of price wise .
What should i look for (brand)???
since lsr a arms are not the best, houser, laeger any others??
thanks
400exBro

Dave400ex
01-20-2002, 10:00 AM
Get Laeger or Houser A-Arms with some PEP ZPS Front Shocks.

MR. HONDA EX'S
01-20-2002, 02:17 PM
Hey 400exRacerX, That's a little to much for a Quad, $25K. It's a great looking bike, but......:huh I think my buddies 86' 250r w/ about 15-16K is a lot. But it's a nice bike. HAs for the Roll a-arms and swing arm, It's the best on the market, if I have the cash to spend that's what I would get. I hear that Houser are real good parts, and priced just right.

400MXer
01-20-2002, 09:05 PM
Laeger....the pro's all trust laeger products. why shouldn't we. also, they are priced very reasonably.

James70214
01-21-2002, 09:03 AM
Are you talking about the lobo front end or just the roll a arms without shocks?

Dave400ex
01-21-2002, 09:37 AM
I think he is just talking about Roll A-Arms.