PDA

View Full Version : August 17th Hare Scramble at Rausch Creek

Mark@RCMS
07-24-2003, 05:09 AM
To all the riders that were denied the opportunity to race on March 2nd, when we had 12"+ of snow in the woods, come on out Sunday August 17th for the second of three sanctioned Hare Scramble races hosted by Rausch Creek MX & ATV Park.

Registration opens at 7:30am in the lower parking lot. The first race of the day will be the youth race at 9:30am.

Overall Winners of each race will recieve a free one-year membership to Rausch Creek MX & ATV Park.

As always, the park remains open to the public, and your race entry allows you to ride the entire park.

jlhughes750
07-24-2003, 06:17 AM
I raced the last D6 Hscramble there, a few weeks after the GNCC at Rausch. Its a different location than the GNCC and what a track!!!!! Its tight, hilly and technical for a while then opens up to fast roads. Constant terrain change, probably the most fun i've had racing this year, beside the GNCC at Rausch. There are a few rocky parts,but there are plenty of fast smooth sections to. Some of the hills in the woods were quite a challenge for some riders. Great 2-3 line race track all the way around.

Come on out and check this place out!!!!!!!!!!!
D6 points
$in the A classes

D6/ GNCC racers, Chris Borich, Matt Smiley, Mike Krachun,Tyson Thomas,Rob Hertz, Todd Rothermel, Tom Hertz.

I'll C-u there!!!!!

465Stroker
07-24-2003, 06:22 AM
Awesome track - and a free pass to boot for each class winner! I'll be there lined up next to PAPPY in the 4 stroke C class... I want that pass...:macho

Pappy
07-24-2003, 06:47 AM
i was think more of 50cc 6 to 8 year old class:o i might stand a chance:D

465Stroker
07-24-2003, 06:51 AM
I wonder if they would let us start a mini quad class for adults! That would kick some major arse:macho The ideas are already brewing..

Pappy
07-24-2003, 06:56 AM
that would be hilarious and a ton of fun:D

crown me KING OF THE MINI'S:D

BlasterBTW
07-24-2003, 01:11 PM
I am going to try and make it. It will be my first race ever! :macho

ex kid
07-24-2003, 02:40 PM
i hope to make it. i raced the last harescramble. man what a track. my favorite D6 track so far. this is not a panzi track. its got everything j said. it goes from wide open to idle and from steep downhills to water holes. or maybe that was just last race because of the rain(how about that water j?) everyone who is a usal at D6 races should check it out we had low numbers last time. there was 2 riders in my class.

250rpilot
07-24-2003, 02:48 PM
what are the classes?? mostly interested in 2 stroke classes.

ex kid
07-24-2003, 03:01 PM
yo R piolet here ya go.4 Wheel
1. 1. 230 cc 2 & 4 Stroke
2. 2. 4 Stroke C
3. 3. 4 Stroke B
4. 4. 2 Stroke B
5. 5. Utility
6. 6. Auto Sport
7. 7. Vet 30 Plus $$$$
8. 8. Senior 40 Plus $$$$
9. 9. 4 Stroke A $$$$
10. 10. 2 Stroke A $$$$

blasterBTW if ya race you'll probably end up in my class. 0-230. its always cool to have some new guys. give it a try last time it was me and another kid in the class.

BlasterBTW
07-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Sweet.... I will need someone to show me the ropes.... I know practically nothing about racing right now. I am hoping to get AMA cert. and all that stuff this weekend. Man I can't wait. Is the track marked well....? I can see myself winding up in pittsburgh :rolleyes: ha ha

250rpilot
07-24-2003, 03:26 PM
thanks ex kid

how tough is the 2 stroke b class?? i hear d6 has lots of sand baggers in that class. im not gonna even bother racing if there is no way i can do decent. after all it is my first race, and i want it to be fun, not get smoked right at the line.

Pappy
07-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by 250rpilot
thanks ex kid

how tough is the 2 stroke b class?? i hear d6 has lots of sand baggers in that class. im not gonna even bother racing if there is no way i can do decent. after all it is my first race, and i want it to be fun, not get smoked right at the line.

you ask this yet wanna call others sandbaggers:confused: you have one choice......and its your first race. be lucky if you finish it much less do well:)

250rpilot
07-24-2003, 03:38 PM
i mean no offense, i have heard that there are some really really fast *** people in that class, that should be in 2 stroke "A", but dont move up cuz they dont want to lose.

its not that i am out to win everything, hell, you are right, im lucky to finish my first one. but i aint gonna bother to try if i am racing pro caliber people that wont go up in classes.

Pappy
07-24-2003, 03:42 PM
i mean no offense, i have heard that there are some really really fast *** people in that class, that should be in 2 stroke "A", but dont move up cuz they dont want to lose.

its not that i am out to win everything, hell, you are right, im lucky to finish my first one. but i aint gonna bother to try if i am racing pro caliber people that wont go up in classes.

well district 6 has some of the fastest racers in the country in it. being that its XC racing noone gives a ratts *** how ya do as long as you are there and having fun. i go and race myself...noone else. last time i didnt do bad and made some people mighty happy in the woods:ermm:

just remeber when you have a faster rider on yer rear to move. thats about all ya need to know...now come have some fun:)

250rpilot
07-24-2003, 03:46 PM
ok, thanks. i at least wanna try a race this year, lack of funds pretty much killed my chances of trying to race last year.

ex kid
07-25-2003, 02:08 AM
like pappy said dont underestimate the B class. D6 does have some of the fastest woods racers in the country and the next generation of them may currently be racing our hare scrambles.

jlhughes750
07-25-2003, 06:46 AM
sandbaggers?????? in order to be a sandbagger u have to bewhoopin ***!!!! no one is doing any arse whoopin in that class yet, Gogno and Thompson are battling every race for points. If u can run with the A guys and yer still runnin B then your a sandbagger, but neither one of those guys would last a race in A. not yey anyway, there both improving every race. I got moved out of B my first year, i nearly doubled the points requirement in one season. won the championship and moved up. Now i can't hang with the A guys for the whole race but i still have fun gettin spanked every race.

250R pilot get out there and try it, stop making excuses!!!! it'll be the most pain... i mean FUN that you'll ever have!!!! And if u need a ride let me know, i work right around the corner from u!!!!!

later, j

propartsracing
07-25-2003, 09:02 AM

Hey 250rpilot,

I'm going to give you some advice. My husband, who is currently a PRO Production GNCC racer (his highlight was GNCC #4 before his "3-year retirement"), has lived by this his entire racing career & it got him to be one of the fastest XC racers in the GNCC series......

"If you want to be a fast rider, you have to race with faster guys"

How are you going to learn to go fast if you're not riding with someone who is faster than you who you can learn from?

Good luck, I think you should come out & give it a try.

Trish Krachun

250rpilot
07-25-2003, 11:21 AM
ok, i get it. thanks.

its ok to be nervous the first race right?;)

jlhughes, i know the definition, but this is just what i heard from a few people. i have never even been to a race to witness it.

i can drive there, i have been there several times, i drive a dump truck all day long, i am capable, but thanks for the offer!!

like i said, i meant no offense to anyone, just going by what i heard through some friends that race at pine grove.

jlhughes750
08-07-2003, 02:38 AM
i just wanted to refresh this thread!!!!!!!! this race is coming up soon!!!!

Aug. 17th at Rausch Creek in Tremont Pa. just off I81.......

If u own a quad and live in Pa. u should be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of GNCC Pro's to get lapped several times by!!!!!!

Lots of EXRIDERS members there racing........

And theres an MX Park there so u can do a lil mx'ing when were done tearing up the woods.!!!!!!!!!!!

A-2stroke$$$$$$$$
A-4stroke$$$$$$$$
Vet/Senior$$$$$$$
2strkB-4strkB-4strkC-0-230-utility..etc.etc.etc. all kinds of class's

jlhughes750
08-08-2003, 03:03 AM
Pappy, u gonna run this race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cmon out!!!!:grr:

later,J

Pappy
08-08-2003, 03:10 AM
i will atleast be there:devil: im sending my rear shcok to teh quadshop on monday or tuesday so if they get it back in time ...maybe ill run:macho

jlhughes750
08-08-2003, 05:09 AM
good to hear!!! i hope u get it back in time, if not let me know i'll bring one up for you...

later, J

ex kid
08-08-2003, 12:30 PM
im still not sure if im gonna be there. were having a family party at my house at like 2:00 with like 100 people and my dad was like i dunno if i wanna do all that in one day, but i really want to go raush is my favorite track.j u better be there, on the r not the wimpy pos. ur wife have the baby yet?

Torn66
08-12-2003, 04:24 AM
do you have to have any association memberships to race.

Im not affiliated with anything- what would be my all in cost to race down there?

ex kid
08-12-2003, 04:38 AM
gotta join the ama, D6, pay your gate fee, and race fee. i forget all the prices.

BlasterBTW
08-12-2003, 04:46 AM
ex kid, Just wondering, what do you ride? My friend might be running harescrambles soon and I thought maybe I'll join him. Have a good one,
Bryan

ex kid
08-12-2003, 07:59 AM
the only 250ex youll see in D6 hare scrambles.

Derno24
08-16-2003, 10:09 AM
So I won't see you tomorrow ex kid? I will be there with the dale and a case of pappy stomp *** if he shows.:D

I am looking forward to having a good time tomorrow. I need a little venting time so if anyone passes me when I'm stuck in a tree don't stop if curse words offend you. My dad is a trucker. :devil:

Pappy
08-16-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
So I won't see you tomorrow ex kid? I will be there with the dale and a case of pappy stomp *** if he shows.:D

:eek: i didnt beat you bad enough last time:devil: :blah:

Derno24
08-16-2003, 12:56 PM
I am not planning on stopping this time buddy. Besides I have no one to talk trash too. Malrin isn't coming and neither is Harlen right?

:macho :macho

You still coming.

Pappy
08-16-2003, 12:58 PM
i doubt ill show:( they worked me too hard this week and im payin for it now:o if i do it will be just as a spectator...so dont roost me:mad: lmao....and good luck;)

Derno24
08-16-2003, 01:06 PM
No prob...EX KID are you going? If you need a ride let me know. I was told you don't live too far from me. Give me a call. I will pm my #.

08-16-2003, 01:58 PM
surprise !!! I'll be there :D

Derno24
08-16-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
surprise !!! I'll be there :D

Pappy says he isn't going and now you are going...Could they be the same person....HMMmmMmmMmMmMM:confused: :eek: :macho

08-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
Pappy says he isn't going and now you are going...Could they be the same person....HMMmmMmmMmMmMM:confused: :eek: :macho :confused: :confused: :confused2

ex kid
08-16-2003, 03:04 PM
thanks for the offer ron. i doubt ill be there. doesnt look like my dad even wants me to go but if he did i would give you a call. kenny take some good pics.

Derno24
08-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Well it was a nice day out there today and man was it muddy in some sections. There was also a little water hole that was tricky to navigate I am sure everyone who raced the course know this water hole. Borich won A with Rick Cecco in 2nd. Traci took the B win. I think Rick said she did this with a flat. I personally finished 5th out of 11. I know not that great, but when you get older and out of shape it gets hard. Even harder when you rear end someone and have to push your quad up a hill.

I hope everyone else had a good time. EX Kid there was only one person in your class. JL were you there I didn't see you?:confused:

ex kid
08-18-2003, 12:53 AM
i was pretty bent about not going. i dont think it counted for points even tho there site said it did so that calmed me down alittle. did you race the 4C ron? not many people race there because they dont wanna tear up there bike for nothing. its a pretty rough track.

Derno24
08-18-2003, 02:40 AM
It wasn't a point's race for the pa series, but it is for the district 6 stuff. I ran 4 stroke C yesterday. If you ever need it let me know a head of time maybe I can hook you up with a ride.

ex kid
08-18-2003, 05:27 AM
alirght ron