PDA

View Full Version : Lobo 2 ok for xc?

Martin Blair
07-23-2003, 06:27 PM
would a lobo 2 front end work ok for xc, where i race theres not extremely skinny gaps with a plus 3 frotn end it should be close to stck rear width.

Juggalo
07-23-2003, 07:08 PM
roll also makes a +1 front end for XC racing. probably be better than the +3.

Martin Blair
07-23-2003, 07:18 PM
yeah i know but i might be trading for a lobo 2

07-24-2003, 01:14 AM
You'd have to have a death wish to run +3 a-arms here for XC riding/racing. I'm too wide at 47 inches i think and your goin to 50 or more if the wheel offset is off....:eek2:

mx400
07-24-2003, 02:51 AM
yea man i wouldnt trade for a mx style lobo 2 front end youll be way sorry. i would just get some money and buy the xc lobo 2 front end. youll be better off

trx400ex
07-24-2003, 03:06 AM
I used to have the lobo plus 3 on my 400 with 4+1 wheels and it was under the 50 mark by a few inches, but i wouldnt want to take it racing XC....Which by the way i just happen to have a lobo for sale...looking for a good home

trx400ex
07-24-2003, 03:07 AM
And no it wont be close to stock rear with like you said, 6 inches might not sound like alot, but the first time you go from a stock to a plus 3 quad it feels wierd. (reallly wide)

TRX_Thumper
07-24-2003, 03:41 AM
yeah what rico said the last race i was in there were 2 tight places that both my rear tires rubbed goin through and im runnin stock axle

toby400ex
07-24-2003, 03:57 AM
u dont seriously think you could run xc with a plus 3 front end. I have troubles with stock width round heyahh

07-24-2003, 04:01 AM
It also depens on the trails I guess. Last sept a guy came down to ride at hatfield and he ran a full lobo 2 frontend and maxed out LSR axle to 50 inches and didn't have much of a problem.. But it's also not a race trail either...

Dave400ex
07-24-2003, 04:46 AM
Yeah if you race XC the MX Lobo is not going to be real good for you. I agree with Rico. I am running stock arms, and for the tracks around here I would like to get 4+1 rims to be even skinner.

bmw500hp
07-24-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Rico
It also depens on the trails I guess. Last sept a guy came down to ride at hatfield and he ran a full lobo 2 frontend and maxed out LSR axle to 50 inches and didn't have much of a problem.. But it's also not a race trail either...

Yep, there are lots of guys here that run there 3" mx quads on the trails and in the woods. Basically they go the same places its just a matter of them loosing speed due to loss of agility in the tight spots. You more or less with get through the ride, just not as quick as the buddy with the xc setup. actually I think about doing the same to my quad all the time, buts it's all a matter of what you really want. If your doing trails for fun but really love the mx track it might work out.

My JRD +1 / PEP's are just like a roll xc 1" and are good on the track with some mx offset wheels but not in the same ballpark as a 3" JRD or Roll when on the track. The LT 19's on the 3" make all the difference.

I wouldn't feel comfortable however continually roughing up a 3" Lobo over rock gardens, whacking trees etc.

If ya want to ride your best in the woods and some track the lobo would'nt be the best if you want to ride great on the track and play occasionally on the trail it would work out.

07-24-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by bmw500hp
Yep, there are lots of guys here that run there 3" mx quads on the trails and in the woods. Basically they go the same places its just a matter of them loosing speed due to loss of agility in the tight spots. You more or less with get through the ride, just not as quick as the buddy with the xc setup. actually I think about doing the same to my quad all the time, buts it's all a matter of what you really want. If your doing trails for fun but really love the mx track it might work out.

My JRD +1 / PEP's are just like a roll xc 1" and are good on the track with some mx offset wheels but not in the same ballpark as a 3" JRD or Roll when on the track. The LT 19's on the 3" make all the difference.

I wouldn't feel comfortable however continually roughing up a 3" Lobo over rock gardens, whacking trees etc.

If ya want to ride your best in the woods and some track the lobo would'nt be the best if you want to ride great on the track and play occasionally on the trail it would work out.

The Midsouth Winter harescrambles have trails cut out goin down and along side hills that the woods are so full of trees that you have to stay on the path and at 50 inches..You'd never in a million years get thru..:eek:

I'm yankin out my LSR axle and puttin my stocker back in for this years winter series. I'll be stock width all the way around...:scary:

toby400ex
07-24-2003, 03:04 PM
I race the same series the guy with the question races. I know a plus 3 front end will NOT make it.:eek2: