PDA

View Full Version : Help Me out here

H440exconfused
07-23-2003, 05:01 PM
Earlier today, I was doing service on my wifes quad, 2002 250 ex, oil change adjustment etc. I cleaner her K & N filter, since I had installed it in a couple of weeks ago I notice when she decelerated it kind of popped a little like it was a little lean, I pulled the bowl off and checked her pilot, it was a 38, I have tons of jets around so I put in a 40. The main is a 95 I was going to go up one size but I didnt have anything smaller than 130. So I put it back together and it started right up ran smoothe I ran out back in the property for a while. Wife came out and took it for a ride, when she pulled the front end up into a wheelie it stalledI thought hmmm she did it again and it stalled again. I thought that seems weird like its flooding out, but after you bring it down and crank on it to start it back up, it will crank forever and wont fire, as soon as you pull out the choke it will fire right up. As soon as you pull the front end back up into a wheelie, stalls and shuts off after about two secs.

Sorry so long was trying to get all the facts. Any info would help.

H440exconfused
07-23-2003, 05:14 PM
:( :( Bump

Pappy
07-23-2003, 05:18 PM
put the 38 pilot back in it

bagzrancher1
07-23-2003, 05:37 PM
yep my friend had the exact same problem on his 02' recon and since they have the same engine and everything but the 250ex is sportier and faster. All he did was screw around with it a little bit but he couldnt fix and so he took it in and they couldnt do anythin so he kept taking it into the shop and finally they fixed it the are some of those that come like that out of the crate the carbs are screwed up and the float bowl is messed up so they put a new carb on it and its been good since.

bagzrancher1

02' Rancher 4x4 ES HMF slip-on with a kn