PDA

View Full Version : Who's Broken Their Wrists?!?

chucked
07-23-2003, 08:44 AM
for all you guys who broke your wrists on your 4 wheeler. Did you have stock bars or aftermarket?? If aftermarket what kind?

Chef
07-23-2003, 08:46 AM
I broke my wrist...but it involved a haypile, two girls, and a lawnmower...:o

Derek
07-23-2003, 08:50 AM
I did twice.

Chanman420q
07-23-2003, 08:53 AM
i sprained mine playing football

theTman
07-23-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Chef
I broke my wrist...but it involved a haypile, two girls, and a lawnmower...:o

ok!!!what were u doing???:ermm:

Guy400
07-23-2003, 09:04 AM
The girls were "larger" ladies and they were feeding on the haypiles. The lawnmower is his only real toy with 4 wheels. Those quads he posts pics of are his neighbors.

tyson300ex
07-23-2003, 09:07 AM
I BROKE MY WRIST after i fell off the back while doing a wheelie, i don;t have pics but it is shaped like an s, almost an inch apart:eek2:

Chef
07-23-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
The girls were "larger" ladies and they were feeding on the haypiles. The lawnmower is his only real toy with 4 wheels. Those quads he posts pics of are his neighbors.

:o :scary: Refresh our memories as to why you have the cow in your avatar?:confused:

EvilJester400EX
07-23-2003, 09:09 AM

Guy.. I know you're a mod and all... BUT YOU DO NOT MESS WITH MEMBERS OF THE HARD ARSE CLAN!!! We have already gone through this deal with many... MANY EX Riders members. I don't want you to get on our bad side.. so i'm giving you the heads up. :macho

jay's 300
07-23-2003, 09:11 AM
The girls were "larger" ladies and they were feeding on the haypiles.

No that's some funny chit! :blah:

Guy400
07-23-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
Guy.. I know you're a mod and all... BUT YOU DO NOT MESS WITH MEMBERS OF THE HARD ARSE CLAN!!! We have already gone through this deal with many... MANY EX Riders members. I don't want you to get on our bad side.. so i'm giving you the heads up. :macho LMFAO....I think you got that wrong. You don't want to be on MY bad side or you'll be a member of the Banned Arse Club.

:blah: :devil: :muscle: :bandit:

EvilJester400EX
07-23-2003, 09:13 AM
LMFAO....I think you got that wrong. You don't want to be on MY bad side or you'll be a member of the Banned Arse Club.

Guy... are you mocking the Hard Arse Clan? :grr:

Chef
07-23-2003, 09:13 AM
LMFAO....I think you got that wrong. You don't want to be on MY bad side or you'll be a member of the Banned Arse Club.

It aint a club! :mad: Its a CLAN!:macho

310Rduner
07-23-2003, 09:19 AM

cooters can be pretty annoying too....:grr: :devious:

MOUSE
07-23-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
Guy... are you mocking the Hard Arse Clan? :grr:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anyway, i fractured my left wrist and broke one of the bones on the top of my right hand playing handball

TC17
07-23-2003, 09:36 AM
i had Renthal Alloy Bars but that really doesn't have to do with anything. it's all in the shocks. i'm either getting Triple rates or mine revalved real stiff. i broke my wrist June 8th and i just got out of my cast a few days ago. it was a compound fracture the whole way across and splintered down my hand. pretty nasty. my wrist still is very week but i'll be riding with my g/f this weekend so it's all good.:)

Got Huevos?
07-23-2003, 09:38 AM
i broke my coming off the back end of a banshee with twist throttle i broke bothe bones right low where the wrist connects the arm to the hand very excrciating pain for about 5 minutes after it broke then it just throbbed alot all i really rememebr was me saying "F*CK!!! F*CK F*CK F*CK and SH*t SH*t SH*T over and over not becuz of hw bad it hurt but becuz of how pissed my dad was gonna be but he never founf out cuz i never went to the doctor just pulled the hand out str8 and babied it for about 1 month and it was fine. i still memebers seeing the bones move independently when i went to grab my 400EX's handle bars. kinda kool :D and the banshee's handle bars were Renthal.

KrazyKid300ex
07-23-2003, 09:41 AM
Broke mine whil BMX racing. thought i broke both but only one. went riding on my 250ex the next weekend and he a blind little ravine and i thought i re broke it in the cast but i didn't. thank god.

zephead400ex
07-23-2003, 09:44 AM
I broke my wrist in a high school football game, not riding quads! I broke it in the first half but played the rest of the game...had a good game too...3 TD, 2 int, 2 passing TD:D

but ya it hurt, but at least is was my left!:eek2:

peace

Ralph
07-23-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by TC17
i had Renthal Alloy Bars but that really doesn't have to do with anything. it's all in the shocks. i'm either getting Triple rates or mine revalved real stiff. i broke my wrist June 8th and i just got out of my cast a few days ago. it was a compound fracture the whole way across and splintered down my hand. pretty nasty. my wrist still is very week but i'll be riding with my g/f this weekend so it's all good.:)

if only i could post that pic of bad *** bunny right now...

roostin_dale
07-23-2003, 10:42 AM
I Flatlanded from about 10 ft in the air on stock warrior shocks. I fractured my wrist, and 2 ribs, and some bruises on my tummy:(

That was about 9 months ago.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-23-2003, 10:56 AM
I broke my left wrist in 3 places jumping in the dunes I think at that time I had magnum/arrow bars on my bike.. I landed in a diped area and the bars jerked back into my wrist. I though I had just jammed it so I tried shaking it off oh my did that hurt.. So now I am faithful with the EVS wrist bace.. :ermm:

TC17
07-23-2003, 11:10 AM
now I am faithful with the EVS wrist bace

they make them? how much are they? that might be a good idea. thanks.

remlapr
07-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Broke mine racing BMX back in the day. Hit a guy in the air over about a 20" table during a race, went over the bars and off the side of the table and caught myself with my right hand from about a 15ft drop.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-23-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by TC17
they make them? how much are they? that might be a good idea. thanks.

Yep they work good just have to make sure you don't overtighten them or you hand will go numb.. we sell them for $15

chucked
07-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Im thinking that these heavy duty bars may not help your wrists?? break your wrist vs. break your bars?? Hey how can I get those wrist braces? I am definately gonna get some, but not till october or so because i may go into debt and i dont want to make anything worse then it can be financially wise (i dont even drive except when the automatic at the car wash i work at goes down, hey i get paid an hour everytime)

hondaracer31
07-23-2003, 12:58 PM
I broke my wrist 2 years ago. Landed front bumper first into the face of a 75 ft. triple, didn't even crash. I had Tag Metals T-2 bars then, they didn't flex at all! Now I use Renthal, I have felt them flexing and I'm sure they have saved my wrists!

toby400ex
07-23-2003, 03:12 PM
I broke mine from flat landing from about 8 feet in the air. I have renthal 400ex cr bends. I didnt even fall off, i think it was from my bad stock shocks and the fact that my frame left a pretty dent in the ground. Got my cast off monday:ermm: , cant ride for 2 more weeks though:mad:

toby400ex
07-23-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
Yep they work good just have to make sure you don't overtighten them or you hand will go numb.. we sell them for $15 Would this happen to be like my moose wrist brace, just a velcro wrap around brace?

TeamC&GRacer
07-23-2003, 03:22 PM
i broke my right wrist last summer. Sucked i couldnt do anything, lol just some advise.. DONT GET IT WET!! IT SMELLS LIKE ***

Fast250EX
07-23-2003, 03:28 PM

Word... lol!:blah: http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/lachen/laughing-smiley-004.gif

roostin_dale
07-23-2003, 05:43 PM
Oh..i forgot to say that i had Oneal bars at the time. They didn't have anything to do with it though...i just bottomed out.BAD!

300exTJjeeper
07-24-2003, 02:56 AM
I got screws in my wrist plus the lost of movement a little

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-24-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Would this happen to be like my moose wrist brace, just a velcro wrap around brace?

http://www.evs-mx.com/product_details.asp?ProductID=52&ProductSubcatID=7

hopefully this gives you an Idea.. they help out alot.

Doibugu2
07-24-2003, 04:07 AM
Being that I really just started riding a year ago and I broke my wrist about 3 years ago.

When I first started riding my wrist wasn't strong to pull in the clutch by the end of the day. And it would get extremly stiff. The best thing I found was to get one of those hand stregntheners. Not the squeeze balls but the metal and plastic things. (Just remember all the old 80's movies and you'll know what I'm talking about) I put that in the car and just did it while I was driving. Made a world of difference. My wrist barely bothers me now.

Oh, and I got 12 screws and 2 plates in my wrist.

07-24-2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2

Oh, and I got 12 screws and 2 plates in my wrist.

what a bout the ones in your head????????

wrist exerciser my azzz...... munchkin punchin sounds more like it....:blah:

Varmit57
07-24-2003, 04:21 AM
I sprained my wrist and broke a small bone in my hand a month ago running TAG bars and a stock renforced steering stem.
Landed nose down and sideways off a 85' table. I stayed on but it twisted the bars so fast when I landed.......

Docktor gave me a steel brace and a wrap and I was riding in two days. I still wrap it when it hurts....

Sence then I have bought a Lonestar Anti-Vib stem and a streering dampner! Made a huge diffrence!!!

Doibugu2
07-24-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Rico
what a bout the ones in your head????????

wrist exerciser my azzz...... munchkin punchin sounds more like it....:blah:

Oh, I see how it is. You whine and complain because everyone picks on you. You must forget about the ribbing you do.

Next year H/M, me and you buddy. You getting kik'd.

J/P

(luckily I broke my left wrist. the munchkin punching schedule wasn't affected.)

Moded86R
07-24-2003, 06:11 AM
2 years ago the day before christmas eve I broke both of my wrist.I was hitting a jump 4th gear pinned and catching some pretty good air.You had to hit it going fast to clear a big trench.The last time I jumped it was in 5th gear mid throttle.I was riding my 300ex.I had some ITP wheels with wide off-set.So the bike was a little wider than I was used to.The last time I only hit half the the jump and the bike did a barrel roll.Naturally I stuck both hands out in front of me.Even though I was still going pretty fast I remember hearing a crack.That was the worst pain I have felt in my life.(I have been through some stuff to.I am not going to get into it.Let's just say I went off a giant rope swing into a lake.The rope grabbed something and ripped it wide open.Then I hit the water from 30 foot up.)

It still hurts to this day.I don't have any pins or anything.

cody anderson
07-24-2003, 07:35 AM
I broke mine 5 times

k2-dawg
07-24-2003, 08:06 AM
I broke my wrist May 2002 while coming off a big jump. Landed sideways, slamming my Renthals back into my left wrist. Felt like someone stabbed me with a hot ice pick. Rode the rest of the day, went to ER two days later and they told me it was a sprain. Kept riding though and after a month I still had a sh$t load of pain, so I got a second opinion. Broken scaphiod (peanut shaped bone that supports the thumb) bone in half, which had stopped trying to heal. So, after surgery that included bone graph and screw, and 6 months later I was back riding. Don't have the same range of motion.

Handle bars had nothing to do with my situation, it was ALL IN THE SUSPENSION. Stock SUK!!! Bought Elka Triple Rates during rehab. Wish I would've had them last year.

D-4our
07-24-2003, 08:06 AM
ive broke mine twice

hondaracer31
07-24-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
I broke my wrist 2 years ago. Landed front bumper first into the face of a 75 ft. triple, didn't even crash. I had Tag Metals T-2 bars then, they didn't flex at all! Now I use Renthal, I have felt them flexing and I'm sure they have saved my wrists!
Let me clarify.........I have PEP ZPS, but when the front bumper hits the ground first..............:confused2

EX_RIDER
07-24-2003, 03:27 PM
2 breaks,3 fractures and ust got cast off about 1 month ago. Broken for 3.5 months.

full speed sideways, hit a ditch and rolled on a road and got draged under the quad about 15 ft. Hurt like heck!

KASCHAK
07-24-2003, 03:33 PM
umm i broke mine when i flipped my little trx125. they were stock bars. lol i landed on my hand and it broke it was only a fracher (sp) does that count? :ermm: :confused:

Fender Bender
07-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Fast250EX
Word... lol!:blah: http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/lachen/laughing-smiley-004.gif

HAHAHA!! too bad you didnt say it right huh? :o

EvilJester400EX
07-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Posers.... :rolleyes:

stocktires
07-24-2003, 04:10 PM
Broke my right wrist landing straight into the backside of a 30-40' double. Tried to hit it in 4th gear, but there just wasnt enough room to get into the powerband, nor let off the throttle :(
I broke the big bone (cant remember the name) that connects the whole wrist. Was in a full arm cast for 6 weeks, then a short arm cast for 6 weeks. Total of 3 months, and I broke it right before summer, so my WHOLE summer was ruined :ermm: