View Full Version : Shots fired in New York City Hall!

Striker49
07-23-2003, 08:28 AM
I just recieved this alert through my MSN Messneger. :huh

NEW YORK, July 23 — A man pulled a gun and began firing Wednesday from a balcony in the City Council chambers of New York City Hall, NBC News and local television reported. Colleagues and police said a City Council member was shot in the chest, and two law enforcement officers were carried out on stretchers.
http://a799.g.akamai.net/3/799/388/e0352af2c81afb/www.msnbc.com/news/1965288.jpg

NBC AFFILIATE WNBC-TV quoted witnesses as saying seven or eight shots were fired from the balcony shortly after 2 p.m. Reporters in the press room dived beneath their desks.
Witnesses said a security guard returned fire and that about a dozen shots in all were fired.
The Associated Press, quoting a police officer at the scene, and New York 1 cable television, quoting other council members, both reported that City Council member James Davis of Brooklyn, a former police officer, was shot twice in the chest.
WNBC quoted an officer on the scene as saying two law enforcement officers were also injured. No further details on any of the injuries were immediately available.
Subway stations around City Hall were closed, as were the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges, as officers searched for the gunman, who was described as wearing a blue suit.
OFFICERS REPORTED INJURED
A spokesman for Bloomberg confirmed that the mayor was in his office at the time of the shooting but said he was not harmed, WNBC reported.
The City Council had just begun its meeting, and several hundred people were likely to have been in the building, City Council member Lew Fidler told WNBC. There was “general pandemonium” as members dived for cover before officers hustled the council members out of the building.
Fidler and others questioned how a gunman could have gotten past the building’s metal detectors with a firearm, but staffers in the building told reporters that employees known to guards were often allowed into the building unchecked.

This is a developing story. Check back with MSNBC.com for more details.

MOFO
07-23-2003, 08:31 AM
This man should be shot on the scene...

07-23-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6

It's an inside job....:blah:

The dude that was shot filed a lawsuit against the NY police dept. like a year ago or so.. Who do you think has permission to carry guns in city hall....:eek2: :eek2:

MOFO
07-23-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Rico
It's an inside job....:blah:

huh? :confused:

ok, now I see... I just read your second part...

07-23-2003, 08:39 AM
I'm not buyin it that this smuck walked thru the front doors with a firearm...:ermm:

The gun was already on the property he just had to go pick it up and use it....:o

Striker49
07-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I'm not buyin it that this smuck walked thru the front doors with a firearm...:ermm:

The gun was already on the property he just had to go pick it up and use it....:o

I agree. There is no way you could walk through the front door and get a firearm in...especially with security these days, its nearly impossible. Logically, it would seem to be an inside job. :scary:

CHAUNCY
07-23-2003, 09:59 AM
:eek2:

MOUSE
07-23-2003, 10:15 AM
you guys have watched conspiracy theory toooo many times next youll be syaing that he was dropped on the roof by the black helicopters operating in whisper mode

j/k

MOFO
07-24-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6

Looks like they already did this... :D

Rico, watch out for those black helocopter's flying around your house....they're watching you. :eek2: