PDA

View Full Version : quads get the crapy deals here!!!

Dana CreechII
07-22-2003, 04:26 PM
This always happends, everythime before our moto, when we are sitting at the gate they watter the track, and we have to fry at the gate.....and then when we go the track gets so slippery and muddy you dont want to race it....what happend for you?

Lehr 110
07-22-2003, 04:29 PM
everywhere i go quads are always put down..at our one local track flying dutchmen they watered during intermission....and it got real muddy cuz they suck at it

and there were 2 motorcycles classed first and then a quad class
and they bumped the quad class to go first:cuss:
i am glad i wasn't in that class i would've protested and told them to f off i would not have gone out

Dana CreechII
07-22-2003, 04:32 PM
they always day "QUAD WARS" for us also, why dont they say DIRTBIKE WARS for them, we arnt some sideshow freak mueseam

Lehr 110
07-22-2003, 04:34 PM
only local tracks that are cool with quads are ATCO in new jersey..run by quad owners
and sleepy hollow he treats everyone fair

what i would like to do is persuade jerry the owner of sleepy hollow to have an quad and motorcycle combined class
100% money pay out
that would be awesome

Dana CreechII
07-22-2003, 04:38 PM
that would be a sick idea, i would love to kick some dirtbike *****, just bump them and watch them fall over...hahaha that would be the best time of my life

Lehr 110
07-22-2003, 04:40 PM
yeah i know i would love to do it..i think i could seriously beat all of them
no i wouldn't just hit them over...bad reputation haha

4wheelboy
07-22-2003, 04:48 PM
sounds like tants got a crappy deal. and yes atco is very friendly i enjoy that track very much:p

Narly R
07-22-2003, 05:00 PM
Well you know if i was u guys i wouldnt be complaining, because you HAVE tracks!:mad:

But I see ur point here, about the worse it gets here is they let DBers get into the bike shop early!:( :p

I think its only because were out numbered...:(

hondafox440
07-22-2003, 05:09 PM
Thats odd, because ATVs actually outnumber dirtbike in sales about 4 to 1.

All the money is in dirtbikes though. That is what the factories promote, so it is taken more seriously. I'm sure if the factories decided to be more like Cannondale and sponsor some riders, things would change.

400grl
07-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Yeah - i hear you guys. We are always fighting for rights at the tracks for quads here, too.......we fry at the gate while they water, too! And then we get to "clear the track" for the bikes.....which means slopping through the mud and trying to make a race out of it! The bikes always complain to the track owners about the quads ruining the tracks/lines......our tracks have actually become much more quad-friendly in the last couple of years, though. This is a big deal for us west coast ATV'ers.....we have always been a little behind the East Coast racing scene.....well....alot behind! :)

86350x
07-22-2003, 07:17 PM
Always dry and dusty here for both bikes and quads, no matter how much they water it, it doesn't seem to help much.

Michigan is wierd, we probralby also have bigger sand whoops then you guys have out west too. There is a local private owned track close to my house, its all sorounded by woods, everything is always perfect there.

I'll post up some pictures of these places within the next couple of months.

Lehr 110
07-23-2003, 04:25 AM
well there are rumors about yamaha starting a team.... i bet yamaha and honda to make teams in the near future
i want on one!!!

Bretmd94
07-23-2003, 05:48 AM
:mad: Im with ya Narly. We dont even have much for quad racing here. Theres one class and maybe 6 people will show up. It sucks. Hopefully with all the new quads west coast will grow a little in the MX quad scene. Especially with all the new rules and stuff at the dunes.

trueblue450
07-23-2003, 06:46 AM
yeah we get track dryin duties..
last race i went to it rained and was all soupy.. we got to practice first.. race last! watching 18 dirt bike classes practice.. and then watch them race is always fun esp. when your craps completely coverd in mud..

Narly R
07-23-2003, 07:43 AM
I mean the MOST bikes Ive ever seen in one race was like 9-10!
Originally posted by Bretmd94
:mad: Im with ya Narly. We dont even have much for quad racing here. Theres one class and maybe 6 people will show up. It sucks. Hopefully with all the new quads west coast will grow a little in the MX quad scene. Especially with all the new rules and stuff at the dunes.

I know...:rolleyes: I know like the most quads ive ever seen in a race are like 9-10! iu dont understand, everyone over here is into the dunes!:mad:

When i said where out numbered i ment well look at OUR tracks theers one class for 10 wheelers and 15 classes each with 15 DB!:( At the track were put at the botom of the list, but at the dunes theres way more quads then bikes...