PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Here something STUPID.

250EXking
07-22-2003, 03:08 PM
Alright. i dont know if anyone is familar with the rairoad tracks that run in Ashtabula COunty ohio and trumbul county ohio. almost a 60 mile strecth of railroad tracks. There are so many trails to ride. well the state bought them and now they are paving them and letting bike riders, walkers, horsebackers. and the best of all. SNOWMOBILES. wtf. the signs every ten feet say no motorized vehicles but they are allowing SNOWMOBLIES. people around here are pist. quads keep them trails alive. and they do no harm. we had alot of fun on those tracks. why arent the quads allowed. this is bs.

Derek
07-22-2003, 03:29 PM
Get used to it man. I used to be able to ride all day none stop on the tracks but now im in the exact same situation as you. Same thing with the snowmobiles and everything. sux

DEAL
07-22-2003, 03:41 PM
They did that up here, They allow quads on it but theres so much police and people *****ing at you while your riding on it, its just not worth it.

ridinashee
07-22-2003, 06:15 PM
i got nice trails nex to some local tracks near me .. not the greatest place to ride but can drag in dirt n trailride n good place to test a new bike .. its only a 2 min drive from my house .. i even rode my quad there few times .. but the process is startin .. they now have a few security guards not allowin u to rides in certain parts .. hope they dont tear umm down

07-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 250EXking
Alright. i dont know if anyone is familar with the rairoad tracks that run in Ashtabula COunty ohio and trumbul county ohio. almost a 60 mile strecth of railroad tracks. There are so many trails to ride. well the state bought them and now they are paving them and letting bike riders, walkers, horsebackers. and the best of all. SNOWMOBILES. wtf. the signs every ten feet say no motorized vehicles but they are allowing SNOWMOBLIES. people around here are pist. quads keep them trails alive. and they do no harm. we had alot of fun on those tracks. why arent the quads allowed. this is bs.

Quads arent allowed because 95% of quad riders are too selfish or busy to take the time to show our concerns to the politicians and law makers.

I have tried to get a protest rally type action going around here for as many years as I have rode a quad and to date I would be there alone. It seems though we can all find the time or get the parent to drive us or some how put together gas money for riding etc but once it comes to spending our time and money fighting for our right to ride everyone is broke and cant get there etc.

So (and this is for everyone not just the author of this thread) when you want to know why theres no ware to ride just look right in the mirror.

Guy400
07-23-2003, 12:55 AM
In Ohio the program is called "Rails to Trails". It's where they take railroad track that is no longer used and put a walking track-type surfacing down. Snowmobiles are allowed on in the winter because they figure nobody will be walking on them and legally I believe there has to be more than 3" of snow on the ground (and in Ashtabula that shouldn't be a problem in the winter) for the sleds to ride on it.

But 440EX4me is right, for the most part quadders don't take the time to lobby their agenda to their local or state representatives. So when they don't hear from us they assume we don't care and when we do go riding it's noisy, dusty and in my experience they're dirty. Dirty in the sense that they litter. My old riding area (that was just sold to a developer) behind my house was this way. I'd go back to ride and find beer cans just chucked all over the place. Potato chip bags just getting blown around. It's actually quite sad because that's only 4-5 guys doing this out of the 25-30 that rode back there. But, if anyone sees it then we're all automatically lumped together as troublemakers.

MOFO
07-23-2003, 01:15 AM
Yep, Guy we have the same "Rails to Trails" program in PA. It has caused more problems for land owners complaining about public trails in their backyard.

As for the snowmobile, your right... they figured that with snow on the ground there is MUCH less impact if any to the ground.

BUNCH of BS if you ask me...

Derek
07-23-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
Yep, Guy we have the same "Rails to Trails" program in PA. It has caused more problems for land owners complaining about public trails in their backyard.

As for the snowmobile, your right... they figured that with snow on the ground there is MUCH less impact if any to the ground.

BUNCH of BS if you ask me...

Jesus....How far are these rails to trails running. Cause thats what they are calling them here to.

MOUSE
07-23-2003, 04:58 AM
we had a nice place to ride around here hen some idiots decided to pour sand into the tank of a brand new track hoe the guy that owned the land had parked there, well you know what happened next:(

EXrider03
07-23-2003, 05:14 AM
is that gonna stop you from riding there?

07-23-2003, 05:18 AM
alot of snowmobiliers are dumbasses who ride from bar to bar...they wanan use are trails but dont want us on them, uck them

250EXking
07-23-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
alot of snowmobiliers are dumbasses who ride from bar to bar...they wanan use are trails but dont want us on them, uck them

yeah alot of a-holes around here go from bar to bar. well as for snowmobiles, "rails to trails" is going to belong to them. i think there are twice as many snowmoblies then quads that ride these. things. it was great. i go down the road for like 20 sec. jump on the tracks and be at my buddies track in 5 mins. now i have to load it up in the new truck. go down dirt roads. get it all dirty and a waste of time. its BS.

as for the polictians, we'll have to make like a petition or something. because i spent most of my time on those tracks riding some monster hills and stuff. alot of places to go off of them. "WHere quads are allowed to ride".

i dont know maybe i might see on person walk down those tracks in the next couple of years. i know i would be scared chitless. especcialy around here. the boneys, with muggers and stuff. quads have kept them tracks alive.

oh well.:confused2

flyin#5
07-23-2003, 09:38 AM
right around the corner from my house is the old railroad bed that we ride quite a bit.... you can go for a long ways and its way faster to hop from town to town on them going 50+ the whole way. at my house its supposed to be illegal to ride on them but no one really cares but then you go down a ways and it turns into a designated atv trail and in the town that i mostly starts in almost all the roads are atv routes:eek: . then you can jump on the tracks and head up to some more towns too. they were talking about doing the same thing that happend to you guys on the part that is "illegal" to ride on but i dont think it will ever happen. around here there are enough backroads that you see no cars on that they can walk bike... ect on so why do we need to spend so mucn on a trail that is just fine as it is.... and you can walk on it if you want! even bike if you want a rough ride. then in the winter the snowmobilers hit it.... so i dont really see alot of difference if its paved becuase its just more of our money that they could spend elseware....

MOFO
07-24-2003, 01:33 AM
Wanna Here something STUPID.

I think this title speaks for itself.

sorry, could not pass it up. :D

250EXking
07-24-2003, 07:34 AM
I think this title speaks for itself.

sorry, could not pass it up. :D

hahaha i almost laughed.;)

Rip_Tear
07-24-2003, 01:03 PM
I'd just like to add that snowmobilers probaly spend 3-10 times the amount of money that ATVer's do which is why snowmobilers get the service they do, I am not trying to defend them, I think its pretty dumb not to allow ATV's. You really should protest it, get people who ride ATV's to phone, write etc to the board and complain, its the only way you can change these things! Another good way to get them to reconize ATVing is to start a club, thats what happened up here and now ATV's are starting to be allowed on the sled trails and new trails are being made for ATV's! New laws are also being made to help ATVer's out!

Good luck on your "rail to real trail"! :D

MOFO
07-24-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I'd just like to add that snowmobilers probaly spend 3-10 times the amount of money that ATVer's do which is why snowmobilers get the service they do, I am not trying to defend them, I think its pretty dumb not to allow ATV's. You really should protest it, get people who ride ATV's to phone, write etc to the board and complain, its the only way you can change these things! Another good way to get them to reconize ATVing is to start a club, thats what happened up here and now ATV's are starting to be allowed on the sled trails and new trails are being made for ATV's! New laws are also being made to help ATVer's out!

Good luck on your "rail to real trail"! :D

I'm not very familiar with the snowmobilers scene other than some seat time I've had on some friends sleds. How is it that they spend 3-10 times more money? On what?

CEET400ex
07-24-2003, 05:36 PM
hahaha i almost laughed.;)

dude he straight up 3rd degree BURNED your ***..hahahahaha

Derek
07-25-2003, 04:42 AM
I'm not very familiar with the snowmobilers scene other than some seat time I've had on some friends sleds. How is it that they spend 3-10 times more money? On what?

I think he is talkin about the bar hopping.