PDA

View Full Version : does neone knw the name of this track in ohio?

roddawg
07-22-2003, 02:46 PM
ok i take 16 f/newark toward coshocton then i'm pretty shure it turns into 36 ? but there is this track that i drive by all the time it sits right off the side of the road on the right if your going towards new commerstown if neone knowd what are the hours and all that thanxs

quadracer400
07-22-2003, 04:11 PM
I am pretty sure it is Scenic Highlands. The web site is www.ohiomotocross.com. Its an awsome track i try to tide there at least 3 times a year, because i live so far up north its hard to get down there all the time.

popo
07-22-2003, 05:08 PM
Ya thats the place. They are not to quad friendely

quadracer400
07-22-2003, 05:12 PM
I know why do people hate quads???? If any thing they help smooth out the corners from the dirt bikes after they rut them all up... Hey POPO have you ever ridin there??? If you did how do you like it?

popo
07-22-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by quadracer400
I know why do people hate quads???? If any thing they help smooth out the corners from the dirt bikes after they rut them all up... Hey POPO have you ever ridin there??? If you did how do you like it?

I went there once. Starting getting some lip from 2 wheel idiots. So I went out a created more ruts.

Other than that it is layed out nice. A hell of lot better than Honda Hills.

Rumor has it, somebody is going to build an indoor riding arena in Columbus, featuring a small tt course, mudd boog area and mx section.

quadracer400
07-23-2003, 03:26 AM
I think there is an indoor track up here where i am from. But i am not sure of the name of it. I think it might be summit indoor or something like that. I seen pictures of it in a CRA newsletter last year.

Rodarbal
07-23-2003, 04:54 AM
I know during the winter time, Tony Kilbarger sets up an indoor MX track in Logan, OH. It's in a building that used to be owned by Goodyear and it's right off 33. The track setup is SMALL. They only used about 1/3 of the building. Didn't look quad-friendly. I saw 13 bikes on there at once and it looked like total chaos.

-RJ-

quadracer400
07-23-2003, 04:58 AM
Someone should really setup track that is quad friendly.. All the tracks around here hate quads!! I only think they let them in just to make money.

roddawg
07-23-2003, 09:17 AM
hey thanxs for the link man .... i dunno i ride dirt bikes but i see no problem why we cant just all get along ya kno -bikes quads- ppl are dumb from all the money u would make off lettin quads on and plus in my area at least it's not like neone would ***** if he shut down like once a month to smooth it all out ya kno ?

SLB400EX
07-23-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by roddawg
ok i take 16 f/newark toward coshocton then i'm pretty shure it turns into 36 ? but there is this track that i drive by all the time it sits right off the side of the road on the right if your going towards new commerstown if neone knowd what are the hours and all that thanxs

I think you are talking about Indian Mound Motorcross.

Here's some info on the track for ya....
http://www.pitracer.com/Tracks/indian_mound.asp

later..Sher

Tarrat 103
07-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Thanks !
I to have driven past that same track and always wondered what's up...Now I know

On the way home from the Wisp I saw a handful of bikes there, but no quads....I was going to stop, but was too tired and just wanted to get home.

I didn't even think to look for it on pit racer.....good call, now I got a number and will call for details. I couldn't find anything about the schedule on the pit racer site though, just track info & phone#

I just picked up a new z-400 for my son and he wants to get it on some mx stuff,...I think we'll try to check it out this weekend, hopefully they are into quads or quad friendly...we'll see....
....tarrat

SLB400EX
07-24-2003, 01:14 AM
http://www.pitracer.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=22

I did a little searching..
click on the days..if they are open, it'll give the times.
still better off to call and double check though.

For what it's worth, our nieghbors ride that track(never been there myself) and say the guy who owns it is really nice..very cool, and I hear the track is seldom very busy.

Have fun ..
Later, Sher

quadracer400
07-24-2003, 04:15 AM
Yeah Scenic Highlands doesnt have open practice that much but when they do it is worth it to go, Has anyone been to Dirtworld?? I am like 15minutes from there, That track is Sick.

exriderdude
07-24-2003, 11:55 AM
yea roddawg, your talkin about indian mound. its a pretty sweet track, its only a practice track though. the guy that owns it is super cool and he dont care what you ride. he keeps the track well maintained and will disk it for you whenever you want.

scenic is an alright track, its very wide open and likes big motors, if you have a 300 like me, it kinda sucks. they have practice or a race almost every weekend usually.