PDA

View Full Version : got my wisdom teeth yanked

NTPracing22
07-22-2003, 01:18 PM
well, after getting nitrious, swabbed with novicaine, injectedw ith novicain, and then getting hooked up to an iv with a pain killer, i got my teeth yanked. i only had 3, one was impacted. the lady that was there said they were pretty nasty to get out....thats odd, it felt like 5 mintues a tooth for me.

turns out it was an hour. don't be scared to get yours out guys! i was nervous, but i got in there and got all messed up and it wasn't bad, at all!

just thought i'd let ya know

tants
07-22-2003, 01:35 PM
do all people need them to be removed? or if they grow in... correctly everythings fine?

TagRider
07-22-2003, 01:39 PM
Darvocet is good...

2K400ex
07-22-2003, 01:46 PM
i got my two bottom ones pulled last month.. it was a bad experiemce for me.... no nitros all novacain(sp?) ot took 2 hrs on the first one.. it was impacted and a week later i got the other one pulled... the dentist on the sec time around he shot me 4 times with novacain my mouth was numb for 3 days and i think he did some nerve damage because i have no tast on the right side of my mouth, and my ear on my right side ever since i had that tooth pulled on that side i cant hear out of it in the morning and when i go to bed?? i dont know if that has anything to do with it but... so my advice is go to an oral surgin not a regular dentist

BlazingYamahaYz
07-22-2003, 03:16 PM
i have had 8 teeth pulled at once before:eek2: all were baby teeth and they needed to go so work could start towards my braces....all they did was tie some tubing around my arm, gave me a shot and within seconds i was out....woke up woozy........then there is my arm surguries where i got put out, man that was weird......

Joecool1264
07-22-2003, 03:22 PM
Had mine out three years ago. I think it would be less painful to pound a dull nail through my foot with a brick! Pass.

07-22-2003, 03:46 PM
i got mine out 2 weeks ago it wasn't bad at all. I got knocked out and i woke up and my teeth were gone. I did go to an oral surgion sp? though. I was nervous at first but then when i got my iv and the crap to put me out i was ok except i got up too fast and threw up in the parking lot. lol

roostin_dale
07-22-2003, 03:50 PM
I have to get mine out in like 6 months...i don't want to:(

stiffy
07-22-2003, 05:21 PM
I got mine out when I was 19 all four where impacted I went to an oral surgeon and got put out so I think it only took twenty minutes or so. I had to wear gauze in my mouth for like four days cause they wouldn't stop bleeding. The stuff they used to put me out made me sick (or maybe it was all the blood I swallowed) but I puked like crazy the first night. I got a blizzard from Dairy Queen thinkin I could eat it when I got home, nope it sat in the freezer for like a week. Only good thing about gettin my wisdom teeth pulled was I think I lost like five pounds:D and don't be afraid to cry- hahaha I did

SGA
07-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Joecool1264
Had mine out three years ago. I think it would be less painful to pound a dull nail through my foot with a brick! Pass. LOL!! I got two out on the same side at the same time. The upper just hurt a bit. The lower, well, it throbbed for a week straight, 24 hours a day, non stop. Darvacet wouldnt touch it. On the third day, I went back to the denist, nothing could hurt that bad and be right. He said I had a dry socket and only time would help. That SOB throbbed 3 more days. I was a walking zombie, no real sleep for 6 days. :(
I love telling this story, it sounds so gruesome:D