PDA

View Full Version : Yzf450

honda400exrider
07-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Aight im sure this topic has been going around a lot lately but I wasnt here and performed several searches and didnt find quite what I was looking for.

Ive been saving my money since school got out and I have about 1500 and am selling my quad for around 4500 so I will have around 6 there. I want one of the 450s just top of the line whether I will have to pay a little more for something better I wont mind. I dont know much about the gas gas at all and the 450s seemed awesome till everyone started bashing them here.

I guess no one knows for sure when the Honda will come out but I would like to stick with Honda if possible. I want something that will rip stock with minor work (exhaust, jets, and filter and airbox lid removed.)

Should I buy a yzf or wait till Honda comes out with theres or look into another quad altogether? Yami probaly has a couple of bugs in there but im pretty stumpted as of right now. Whatever I get, I dont want to be dissapointed. *Note* For some sand, track, and cruisin around...

Help me out... Sorry it was so long...

Striker49
07-22-2003, 01:03 PM
Check out www.yfzcentral.com for more info on the quad. :macho

Personally, if I were you I would wait til the fall...just to see if Honda is up to anything. :confused2

So far the Yami has been pretty reliable, but its only been out a month.

Just hold off for a few more months to check out reliability and to see if Hondas actually doing something constructive. :ermm:

300XFST4602
07-22-2003, 03:09 PM
Accully I have heard some bad thigns about the Yamaha. I have heard that is power and stuff is good but the reliability was horrible so far. There are a couple cases where the a-arms have bent. But that is my .02. Ryan

J-06
07-22-2003, 03:09 PM
400exrider Iam in your same situation. I plan on selling my quad for 3400 then going to the dealer and financing a YFZ this Winter or Spring after I know about the bugs in this machine. From which I have seen arent many. The dealer said the prices will also drop a little after the demand goes down. I cant wait to move up from the 250ex haha :rolleyes:

honda400exrider
07-22-2003, 03:46 PM
Im glad im not the only one J-06, so does everyone think that either of the 450s are going to be pretty solid quads?

DEAL
07-22-2003, 03:55 PM
I'm also selling my quad and financing a yfz.

trx400ex
07-22-2003, 04:04 PM
So am i.....

roostin_dale
07-22-2003, 04:48 PM
just take out the baffle and modify the airbox and they are sweet quads!

I will be keeping my dale for a couple more years and save some money..then i am going to build my own custom HONDA CRF:devil:

Flyin#3-1/2
07-22-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
I'm also selling my quad and financing a yfz.

same here:D