PDA

View Full Version : Water in engine oil

hondaforlife
07-22-2003, 09:40 AM
I accidently got water in my air box on my 400ex. I was wondering if anyone still had trouble finding neutral after they got all the watery oil changed out. How bad will the water damage the clutch if it stays in the motor for a couple days before I get a chance to change it all out? Thanks for any advice

nismo
07-22-2003, 10:01 AM
did u ride it over those few days that u didnt get to change it?

Scott-300ex
07-22-2003, 12:12 PM
you shouldn't have to much water in your oil if you got it in your air box, unless you have reall bad rings or valve seals

clean the air filter and let it dry and drain your oil and wash it out with oil too, maybe 2 times or so, then do a normal change

stupid driver
07-22-2003, 04:34 PM
do you run synthetic or regular oil? that may have a difference in what the water did, since the synthetic has an actual layer that bonds to the gears, which would probably help save you from too much wear and tear

Butters
07-22-2003, 06:02 PM
good job dumass. real nice way to f the quad up.

Martin Blair
07-22-2003, 06:13 PM
ive got a little water in my airbox the motor has never died but was cuttign out, i had no water in my oil however.

If i where you i would change the oil run it an hour or so and change all the oil again, if you let it even sit in there i can f it up.

AtvMxRider
07-26-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXtreme01

:huh

pnut420
07-26-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXtreme01

Was their any point to your post, or are you just whoring this thread up?

If you ride trails, etc... eventually you are going to end up getting some water in your airbox. :rolleyes: . I've known of people that landed their cr250's in a canal, and rolled it out of their and started it right up and it was fine. If you let it run under water for any period of time, that will do some damage, but come on its not he is stupid for doing this, just a simple mistake.