PDA

View Full Version : big rock KY

joe0899
07-22-2003, 05:56 AM
What is this place like? It seems pretty cool from their site. It is only an hour from me so I am going this weekend. Just need some inside scoop info. I have been to livingston but it is pretty rough and a far drive. I just want a cool place to ride.

brokeitin3
07-22-2003, 06:33 AM
not to crowded. lots of deep mudholes if there has been rain 2 to 3 days before you get there. be sure to ask for directions to the pipeline trail if you wanna ride fast on smooth steep hillclimbs. duke the owner, is a very nice guy.

nky400
07-23-2003, 06:26 AM
Big Rock is pretty sweet. The land is well taken care of and the trails are well kept. There are hills and ridges and everything you can think of. There is every level of difficulty. Everyone who goes there is pretty good about following the rules. There is a lot of area and you probably won't cover it all in one day. If it rains a few days before you go, it will definately be a muddy mess.

What day are you going? Where are you from? I am in northern KY and have a day off this weekend. I was kind of planning on going any way this weekend. It would be cool to meet up with another EXRIDERS.COM member. Post to this thread and let me know. Have fun

joe0899
07-23-2003, 07:16 AM
I am going this saturday. I live in Goshen, OH which is on the east side of the 275 loop. Do they have any restrictions on things like spark arrestors or noise levels? I hope it's not real muddy but if it is oh well.

nky400
07-23-2003, 05:02 PM
No restrictions on spark arrestors, noise levels, flags, things like that. Main rules are - wear a helmet, no double riding, slow in parking lot, be cautious. Pretty basic. I am going to try to round some people up for Saturday since that is my day off. If I can get a couple of people to go, I will come down Saturday too. I will post here again if I get some plans together.

joe0899
07-28-2003, 02:57 AM
Went this Saturday to Big Rock. It's a cool place to go. It has a little bit of everything. I have only been to one other spot and it is Livingston which is pretty rough. I plan on taking many more trips to big rock even though I rolled my quad a few times but nothing terrible. Just got a little crazy on some hill climbs in the woods. All in All it is what I want in a place to ride. The owner is a really nice guy and the place is clean and safe.

BS300ex5
08-06-2003, 05:22 AM
hey nky400 where in nky u live, i'm from alexandria and i buy some basic parts from holeshot too! does holeshot have a practice track anywhere around here we could ride on?

spincr4hire
08-08-2003, 08:33 AM
Big Rock is OK, not hardly enough woods riding, though, IMO. I'd rather go to Livingston. We found a new trail (new to us) last time down there. I need a GPS to map that place out, and sell the maps at the Shell station to the degenerates.:ermm:

stock400ex
08-17-2003, 05:43 PM
how do you get to big rock?? i would be coming from southern illinois through paducah and all of that.

seems like a pretty fun place. I will have to gather up some of my friends and go. if we do i will try to get some people together on here

spincr4hire
08-18-2003, 01:16 AM
map here
http://www.bigrockatvpark.com