PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimur Slip on a SUPER A+++(Holy Crap!)

Pepto_Bismol
01-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Well, I just got a new plug, and figured out the proper set-up for my rejetting problem...ready for my big revelation... you must put in the main jet adapter TOO with the jet kit...(feeling dumb now) I cannot believe I skipped right over that. So I Put it back together with 170 main, #3 position dyno needle, and pilot screw 2 3/4 out. Started up first try, bam! Ran second through WOT, pulled plug, and it was slightly gray-brown. Then took it for for test spin. Holy crap does that thing have snap!!!! The Yoshimura pipe adds big can O whoop A**, like a Habenearo pepper does to your mouth! It's HOT. I cannot believe how much power (torque) I got from just a pipe and jet kit. During 1st to bottom of 4th gears, The bike had so much torque that it fishtailed on me cuase I wasn't ready for such an increase in torque. MIddle of 4th through top of fifth I was only able to do a couple of times very briefly, but it seemd to mellow out and roll off a bit. After I ride tomorrow, I will get a chance to give a full review. BTW, the sound is awesome, It has a sharp growl that snaps, it's not a muffled tone, although it's not intensively loud. This pipe setup ROCKS, and from what I can feal already, it's worth every bit of $249!!!!

Pepto :cool:

PS Should I post a full review in open forum, or here in powertrain tomarrow?

trx400ex
01-18-2002, 07:58 PM
if you want to do a full review, email it to leo, so he can put it in product reviews, something i would like to see alot more of, you might nee some pics if you can get them

Pepto_Bismol
01-18-2002, 08:17 PM
Here's a quick shot...

Tommy 17
01-18-2002, 08:27 PM
i know 2 people with yoshis now one with just the slip on like u have and it gave a good power increase... and a 750$ titanium one and that pipe pulled really hard on that quad... i dunno what all was done the guy won't tell us what he did to it... they sound really good though...

trx400ex
01-18-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Pepto_Bismol
Here's a quick shot...

that looks sweet, whats that shiny red thing that attaches the silencer to the frame?

Pepto_Bismol
01-18-2002, 08:44 PM
It's the spacer that comes with the pipe for mounting....

2k2-300exnj
01-19-2002, 09:06 AM
i have a 300ex how much is the titanium slip on for it

Pepto_Bismol
01-19-2002, 11:57 AM
The titanium series slip on is going to be more then $400.00...too rich for my blood :( . Go to the Yoshimua link on this web site and view the catalog, But I don't think they make a titanium one for the 300ex. There pricing is about 100.00 more than what you can find from a good aftermarket shop. Call marcums, they may even be able to acquire one for you, and it will be cheaper then whats listed on Yoshi's web site. GL!
Pep:cool:
My pipe is the standard Competition mil finished slip on...

ChadEXer
01-19-2002, 12:41 PM
Finally!!! Somebody else with a Yoshi! I have the same thing except I got the full system. I had a Big Gun pipe on it before and the Yoshi made a HUGE difference over the Big Gun. I couldnt imagine going straight from stock to the Yoshi!! I love mine! Like you say it sounds awesome and the power difference was well worth the money. The headpipe on the Yoshi seems bigger than most other pipes. Definately much bigger than the Big Gun and thats what I figured made the big difference. Yoshi is the BEST!!

EX 80
01-19-2002, 09:17 PM
Nice!!! i got one too, i love it good power not too loud either. i've had it for 2 years now.

badass400ex
01-20-2002, 07:03 AM
i went from a megamax2 to the yosh slip on and it was day and night but mine instead of coming straight out the back it is a litle closer to the grab bar can you post a pic of the exhaust from the rear so i can compare my setup to yours

Pepto_Bismol
01-20-2002, 06:40 PM
Here yah go..Mine seems to hug the inside too...