PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Vs. 440ex........

440BEAST
07-22-2003, 03:44 AM
Lemme tell ya folks... I was riding yesterday at my local riding spot when all of a sudden a 2003 banshee pulled up and was talkin S@#T with his throttle... It was one of my friends and he just picked up his new Banshee. He had a girl on the back of his and I pulled up next to him and decided to talk S@#T back to him with my Yoshi... We both took off and gave them a little run... He dint gain on me at all... I wanted to really race him so we got on the longest straight away possible and lined em up and the girl got off the back of his... There was another 400ex on the line too... When we all took off, it was me off the line and all the way till about 60... I was totally suprised that "Shee" wasn't blowing my freakin nerf bars off but I was actually ahead of him... Anyway when we hit about 60 the "Shee" took a slight lead and I had to let off b\c I didnt have my freakin goggles on and i was getting dusted out.............
All in all it was a success b\c I didnt know I would hold a candle to that Banshee but I tosted him till about 60. I know I could beat him at our little track, so I need to try that some other time this week... Oh also the Banshee weighs less than mine and he weighs less than me... He weighed 160 and I weigh 235, so that should have played a factor too but it didnt I guess

Anyways if you guys have any drag racing stories please leave them for everyone to read.

07-23-2003, 03:02 AM
Only time i've ever raced a banshee was at the starting gate of a MX race. I've got a mildly tuned 416 kit. It was setup for MX with T5 pipes and thats all that I could see. We were dead even out of the hole but i managed to get by him about 3rd gear. I'm sure he woulda ate my lunch if we had a longer straight away but we were coming up on a big table and he backed off I think.....But i didnt'....:devil:

440BEAST
07-23-2003, 08:31 AM
that sounds cool... The guy let me ride his Banshee when we were done racing and that thing is pretty cool but i like the way mine handles alot better. I dont think you can compensate for the handling on the ex

nofearhonda
07-24-2003, 04:14 PM
I went to the local drags a few weaks ago and I took second place. I beet the Z400, kfx400, 460 ex,and a few warriors. I had the best hole shot out of everyone there in my class. Of corse i did some susspention trick to help me. I had it set up so I could put it in 2nd gear hold the throtle at the revlimiter and drop the cluch and never once puled the front end up. The only one to beet me was my cuz who had the same thing done to his except he has a 440ex so he got me at about 100 feet. He (my cuz) grudge match against a kfx 700 (who beet all the raptors in his class) and beet him by 5 feet.

ledofthezep
07-25-2003, 08:05 AM
The guy let me ride his Banshee when we were done racing and that thing is pretty cool but i like the way mine handles alot better. I dont think you can compensate for the handling on the ex

Being a banshee rider myself I can vouch for the handling, if you've never ridden a banshee before. After you learn to harness the power, you can utilize it for better handling. I prefer the handling of my banshee over zephead400ex's EX...but that's just because I'm used to the banshee & am partial to it.;) The suspension on a stock banshee compared to stock EX's suspension is night & day,...stock EX suspension is a hell of a lot better, IMHO...

ledofthezep
07-25-2003, 08:24 AM
The guy let me ride his Banshee when we were done racing and that thing is pretty cool but i like the way mine handles alot better. I dont think you can compensate for the handling on the ex

Being a banshee rider myself I can vouch for the handling, if you've never ridden a banshee before. After you learn to harness the power, you can utilize it for better handling. I prefer the handling of my banshee over zephead400ex's EX...but that's just because I'm used to the banshee & am partial to it.;) The suspension on a stock banshee compared to stock EX's suspension is night & day,...stock EX suspension is a hell of a lot better, IMHO...

Yellow Nuts
07-30-2003, 04:32 PM
What all mods did the shee have mabie it was bone stock?