PDA

View Full Version : what was i thinking goin home at 98mph

mxracer89
07-22-2003, 01:06 AM
well im coming home from my g/f house and i was going to be late unless i drove really fast so i started going really fast and kept saying to myself that i was going to make it....well the next thing i no i was getting stoped bye a cope for going 98mph and im only 16 so that did not go over to well with my parents.......i really did not think about this over very well,becuas witch would i rather be grounded for? being late a couple minits or getting a spending ticket for goin 98..so next time if one of you guys do somthing like this just sit there in think of what can happen...let alon that if i recked i would have been dead.

Honda4trax250x
07-22-2003, 01:07 AM
what was the speed limit?

mxracer89
07-22-2003, 01:13 AM
it was 55...the cope said to me, do you no how fast you were going and i looked at him and said 80.....then the cope said you wish and he turnd around and whent back to his car...he keeped my lice. and i have to go into court and see what is going to happen they might take my lice. away from me.idk but i wish i never did that

07-22-2003, 01:37 AM
du,bass...u shoulda ran

Pappy
07-22-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
du,bass...u shoulda ran

yeah and add to the charge...you might out run the cop but never his radio:ermm:

SickSixD R
07-22-2003, 02:12 AM
Should have Jumped on the breaks as hard as you could and jumped out yelling Beez Bezz there every where and there killing me.......Ryn your your life!!!!!

thats just me.....

Guy400
07-22-2003, 02:16 AM
du,bass...u shoulda ran Worst advice I've ever heard on this board. Rarely, and I mean rarely, does anyone successfully run from a cop and not get caught. This kid is likely looking at losing his license for at least 90 days and possibly even 6 months to a year given the mood of the judge. If he would have attempted to run and got caught then not only is he looking at a speeding ticket but also a host of other crimes along the way. He'd not see his license for sure until at least 18 and would probably get a little vacation at his county juvie center for a while. Did you even think before you gave this advice or was this the first thing you thought of after your brain farted?

Pappy
07-22-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Did you even think before you gave this advice or was this the first thing you thought of after your brain farted?

rotflmao...but true:cool:

07-22-2003, 02:38 AM
98 is fast.. If you can do 98 and not realize your almost doing 100 mph then i dont' know if being behind the wheel of an automobile is the right thing for ya...:ermm: sorry but that's the truth..

I have alot of things on my mind and sometimes dont' pay attention and speed but i'm talkin like 10 mph over not 40 over the speedlimit..

07-22-2003, 03:20 AM
it zas a joke..my friend runs from the cops on his ninja on purpose and tapes them, its so cool

stace609
07-22-2003, 03:29 AM
I was in the same situation about a month after i got my license. i got a ticket for going 80 in a 65. but i was on the interstate and was rushing to get to the airport. i didn't get in trouble for it with my parents, but it screws you over for later. just wait until you have to get your own insurance. every time i think about i wanna kick my own butt. but as long as you learned a lesson, and didn't hurt anybody but yourself, not MUCH harm done.

tants
07-22-2003, 03:35 AM
it zas a joke..my friend runs from the cops on his ninja on purpose and tapes them, its so cool

:huh

07-22-2003, 03:42 AM

When he wrecks and splatters what little brains he has all over the pavement make sure to gets some pics cuz i'm sure it will be cool too......:eek2:

XANDADA
07-22-2003, 03:51 AM

Do me a favor and ****** slap your friend for me :grr:

Someday that could be my family or friend he kills....

wilkin250r
07-22-2003, 04:07 AM

Wow, it sounds like you and your friend are a couple of real cool guys... :ermm:

mxracer89
07-22-2003, 04:11 AM
its not like i drive like that all the time but i did not wont to be late and the road was strate with no cares exept for that cope.
and yes i did lern from it.

tapes running away from the copes on a ninja. one of my friends runs from them on his gsrx suz1000.

EXracer8604
07-22-2003, 04:16 AM
i just call my parents and tell them ill be a few minutes late becuase i dont want to speed, there normally ok with that :huh

flyin#5
07-22-2003, 04:24 AM

your friend is my hero :rolleyes:

07-22-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
your friend is a homo :rolleyes:

I agreee,.......:eek2:

Narly R
07-22-2003, 05:31 AM
LMAO!:D

YA next time I get cought by a cop Ill remember to run!;) So why does your "friend" run from the cops like that? I mean hes the kind of person that kills INOCENT people!:mad: How about this, why dont you tell him to stop?:eek:

07-22-2003, 05:48 AM
who the hell is he gonna kill on a ninja...he will be the only one that dies, none of you understad, i got a ticket for doing 85 in a 60 but luckily i pay my insurance 6 months, how much more is that gonna make my insurance, im 16

4wheelboy
07-22-2003, 05:50 AM
dude that sucks my friend just lost his liscence because he went out past 12 an broke his cindarella (SP) curfuw. we went out to wendys to get food an we was stoped at my house and the cop came up and flashed his lights and gave him the ticket:mad:

Scott-300ex
07-22-2003, 05:56 AM
around here if you do 30 mph over the speed limit you go to jail and get your license taken away:ermm:

Tommy 17
07-22-2003, 05:59 AM
who the hell is he gonna kill on a ninja...he will be the only one that dies, none of you understad

bullchit... he could very easily kill the lil kid htat runs across the street to get his ball... or the old lady who can't walk across it very fast...

he he could hit into the side of the car thats pullin out and thinkin hes doin the speed limit when in reality hes 5x+ faster then it...

when ur comin at 150+ down a road on a rocket there ain't much u can do to react very fast... at those speeds people won't even see u comin;)

grow up man...

Honda4trax250x
07-22-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
bullchit... he could very easily kill the lil kid htat runs across the street to get his ball... or the old lady who can't walk across it very fast...

he he could hit into the side of the car thats pullin out and thinkin hes doin the speed limit when in reality hes 5x+ faster then it...

when ur comin at 150+ down a road on a rocket there ain't much u can do to react very fast... at those speeds people won't even see u comin;)

grow up man...

i agree i think running from the cops, especially for fun is retarded

Scott-300ex
07-22-2003, 06:04 AM
yeah, if a deer can go through a window and kill my sisters friends little brother, than a 150 mph machine deffinetly can too

Guy400
07-22-2003, 06:15 AM
First off, I think your story of running from the cops and taping it is BS. Does he have a passenger who's filming from all the various angles or what? Does he ride just slow enough to keep the cop cars in view of the camera? Is his Ninja faster than a police helicopter? Let's just pretend that he's got a helmet cam taped to the rear fender of the bike and does tape himself being chased. He might get away with it once but no way he'd do it again. Furthermore, stories of him taping police chases would be out on the street and the cops would be dying to catch him. Finally, this is what happens to bikers who run from the cops. They had to get this guy's body out that was wedged between two trees in the woods.

Motorcyclist dies after fleeing police
07/21/2003

Associated Press

A motorcyclist who tried to elude Chesapeake police was killed when he lost control of the bike and crashed.

Police say an officer running radar Saturday night clocked the motorcyclist at 61 miles an hour. The speed limit was 25.

The officer gave chase, but the cyclist sped up and briefly eluded the officer before crashing as he attempted to turn onto Interstate 64 from Route 17. The motorcyclist was sent airborne into woods along the roadside. His name was being withheld until relatives could be notified.

BlazingYamahaYz
07-22-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by SickSixD R
Should have Jumped on the breaks as hard as you could and jumped out yelling Beez Bezz there every where and there killing me.......Ryn your your life!!!!!

thats just me.....

LOL...i know i have seen that somewhere....wasnt that from a movie?.....not smart to run from the cops, since there is no way that you can go faster than his radio.....they will get ur liscene plate, vehicle descritption, clothing description, location, and all that as fast as they can.....so even if u dont get caught today, chances are one will spot you later.....

Natertot426ex
07-22-2003, 07:25 AM
That is from tommy boy!

660LE
07-22-2003, 10:59 AM
I also foudn out some things the cops dont like, such as doing donuts in a parking lot with your dads 2002 corvette an burnouts and all that good stuff, an there was about 15 street bikes there an a few quads doing burnouts an chit to but when the cops came burnign in all the bikes an quads got away clean an i was the only one that couldnt get by them. they only tookmy liscense away for 6 months which isnt bad considering what was going on . but a lesson was learned, make sure i have my radar detector turned on next time!!!!!!

MOFO
07-22-2003, 11:55 AM
who the hell is he gonna kill on a ninja...he will be the only one that dies, none of you understad, i got a ticket for doing 85 in a 60 but luckily i pay my insurance 6 months, how much more is that gonna make my insurance, im 16

You need a rude wake up call little kid...and I'd be glad to give you one! :eek:

BlazingYamahaYz
07-22-2003, 12:44 PM
some cops tho, they are total dicks....for instance, my friends g/f, the day she got her liscence and truck(like last week) she was driving home, and this cop just kept following her, and then when she pulled into her driveway, the cop did the same behind her, and was like "did you know u went through the stop sign?" .....there is no stop sign on that road, and the cop was a newbie.....she didnt get a warning or anything, the cop was an idiot.....i didnt know they could just follow you into your driveway and pull u over....

Scott-300ex
07-22-2003, 12:47 PM
she should have like, floored it up to the speed limit (not squeling the tires though) and not went 1 mph over the speed limit, the cop couldn't do anything and it would be funny

not that i like being dicks to cops............but..........

JTRtrx250r
07-22-2003, 12:56 PM
the youth of our future:rolleyes: I really wonder just what it is that makes kids these days think like they do:rolleyes: :( :huh

mxracer89
07-22-2003, 01:03 PM
well you can call your mom all you wont and say that you are going to be late, in my house being late is being late that is y i was driving as fast as i was.

660LE
07-22-2003, 01:04 PM
if u really wanna tick a cop off go reallly slow an take your time doing everything if they are following you!

AtvMxRider
07-22-2003, 01:06 PM

Dude you are such a dumbass. It's real cool to run from the cops huh? Supposed your stupid *** friend hits a car with somebody's family in it:grr: . People like you make me ****ing sick.:mad:

AtvMxRider
07-22-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by mxracer89
well you can call your mom all you wont and say that you are going to be late, in my house being late is being late that is y i was driving as fast as i was.

Guess you won;t have to worry about being late for awhile huh:huh ?

NTPracing22
07-22-2003, 01:09 PM
91 in a 65 commin home from my girl's house. got a ticket for 219 bucks and walked away. i was in my moms turbo v4 passat, the thing flies. i knew iw as going fast, thought i was at 80 or so, but boy was i wrong. i coulda died! i thanked the cop.

the best lessons learned in life are experienced

Guy400
07-22-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by mxracer89
well you can call your mom all you wont and say that you are going to be late, in my house being late is being late that is y i was driving as fast as i was. My father was a Marine and we lived in a house where corporal punishment was the rule. I had a curfew up until I was 21 (it relaxed a little at 18 however). If I was one minute past that curfew than I wasn't going out that next weekend. Those were the rules and I played by them because if I brought home a ticket for 98mph my father would've kicked my ***** for 1.) being stupid and, 2.) not calling instead of speeding. You could've called your parents and said you were running late and dealt with the punishment they gave you. Instead you're now looking at losing your license for a period of time and you were still late that night.

I'm sure if you ask your parents what you should've done here will be the answers they'll give you:

1.) You shouldn't have been late in the first place. You should've been responsible enough to leave at a time that allots enough time to get home before the curfew.

2.) Sometimes ***** happens, you fell asleep on the floor or whatever. Call them, tell them you're going to be late and deal with the punishment they hand out.

TC17
07-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
tell them you fell asleep on the floor

:ermm: he's at his g/f house there's no way he fell asleep on the floor!:blah:. but seriously, 70 is fast enough if you realize how fast that is. i've see a car doing 70 on TV that hit a 120 pound test test dummy and it blew it to pieces. stand on the side of the road and watch a car go 70, it's a lot fast than what you think. hell, at 100, that's a nascar on a small track!

TagRider
07-22-2003, 01:32 PM
If you were my kid you'd be looking at a parent-induced 3 month license suspension on top of whatever the judge gives you. Good luck in court, I hear Nike's get about 10 miles to the hamburger:devil:

MOFO
07-22-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by NTPracing22
i was in my moms turbo v4 passat, the thing flies.

FYI, the 4 cylinder turbo (1.8T) is an inline 4, not a V. Sorry, I'm a car buff and little details get to me. :D

SGA
07-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Its a shame, people speed and people die. Thats life, Its not right, it just happens, mostly because of being foolish, inexperience or just bad luck. I hope someone remembers this thread before they open it up on the highway. It might make a difference if someone is around tommorrow.

popo
07-22-2003, 05:47 PM

Ya, its cool. then we get to put tape around his dead body some day. But we don't think it's a joke.

popo
07-22-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
the youth of our future:rolleyes: I really wonder just what it is that makes kids these days think like they do:rolleyes: :( :huh

Amen Brother. And I have a 2yr old. Better start cracking down now!

Jay300ex
07-22-2003, 07:37 PM
I think if you don't speed in the first place, don't roll through stop signs ect.. And you are an attentive enough driver ( meaning you SEE everything around you, including that cop behind you! ) You should never get a ticket.

I come home at 4 AM in the morning a lot ( lol don't ask ) and it seems to be every single night there is a cop that follows me. Just the other day I was comming home and a car went past me. I get to the stop sign and make the turn, and I look in my mirror and the car pulls out my direction, it was a shieriff. I knew he was going to follow me a ways cause I had one of my rear brake lights out. So I went the speed limit ( actually 3 mph over ) and when I got to a turn that involved a turn in the direction where my light was out, I used my arm ;) He stopped following me after he seen me using that.

Just think smart. You can be sly.. if you want to be.

Jay

toby400ex
07-22-2003, 10:26 PM
And some people are extremely stupid:huh

SGA
07-23-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Jay300ex
I think if you don't speed in the first place, don't roll through stop signs ect.. And you are an attentive enough driver ( meaning you SEE everything around you, including that cop behind you! ) You should never get a ticket.

I come home at 4 AM in the morning a lot ( lol don't ask ) and it seems to be every single night there is a cop that follows me.
I knew he was going to follow me a ways cause I had one of my rear brake lights out.
I agree with that! Follow the laws and drive safely, and you should never get a ticket.
The reason the cop follows you is most people driving around at 4 in the morning with a brake light out are probably drinking or are down and out, maybe up to no good. The brake light out, in combination with 4 in the morning says: "I could care less about my car (and myself) and its upkeep for safety to others." Plus most people out at that time have been cruising the bars.
A person that takes care of their car will probably not be riding around at 4 in the morning anyway. They are in bed, because they have a real job, and have to get up in the morning.
Boy, is this biased or what?
:D

bradley300
07-23-2003, 04:17 AM
du,bass...u shoulda ran

get out of the car first! evading on foot is a misdemeanor while evading in a vehicle is a felony.

not to mention, and old overwieght cop dosent stand a chance against a 16 year old boy in a foot race:devil:

07-23-2003, 04:20 AM
we need a stupid law I think... If you do something that is more than stupid the cops should be able to smack you in the chops...:blah:

bradley300
07-23-2003, 04:32 AM
In all seriousness, dont run, they get you eventually anyway.

Originally posted by Scott-300ex
she should have like, floored it up to the speed limit (not squeling the tires though) and not went 1 mph over the speed limit, the cop couldn't do anything and it would be funny

this does not work all the time, my friend tried this and got a tickett for "excessive acceleration". he fought the tickett in court and even the judge called the cop a dumbass.

sometimes cops are just in a bad mood(you have no idea what they go thru day in and day out) and just want the f with people, just like everyone else.

Glow Plug
07-23-2003, 05:06 AM
Yes I am a kid but I hate to say it but most kids these days are dumbarses :rolleyes: oh yeah I bet doing 100 mph and not stoping is really safe. Don't give me that oh its cool well no its not cool its stupid. I don't know where these kids get their attitudes and think its fun to piss off cops. Yeah I know alot of cops that IMO have fun pulling people over just becuase they have a nice car or something that is "fast" I have seen that a ton of times out side of my house. For example there was this one kid he musta been 17 or 18 years old and he was drving an old retored muscal car that was nicly restored and what did the cop do pull him over. Why I have no idea he wasn't gonig fast or pissing anyone off. Personally I think that alot of cops do it for an ego trip but thats just me.

Crazy how could you say it is cool to run from the cops? Yah wow hes go a ninja that doesn't mean that he should run from the cops and its not cool. He could easily kill someone and him self. I'm not protecting him i think he should be killed for putting him and others at risk. But it does seem kinda stupid to throw away your life when your what all of 17??

Jay300ex
07-23-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by SGA
I agree with that! Follow the laws and drive safely, and you should never get a ticket.
The reason the cop follows you is most people driving around at 4 in the morning with a brake light out are probably drinking or are down and out, maybe up to no good. The brake light out, in combination with 4 in the morning says: "I could care less about my car (and myself) and its upkeep for safety to others." Plus most people out at that time have been cruising the bars.
A person that takes care of their car will probably not be riding around at 4 in the morning anyway. They are in bed, because they have a real job, and have to get up in the morning.
Boy, is this biased or what?
:D

I understand that would be why I am always followed. But I get out of work around 2 or 3. So heh. I actually have made friends with a few of the police men at the gas station that hang out for the third shift donuts hehe.

Jay

jcv400ex
07-23-2003, 07:15 AM

Make sure you tape it when he's splattered on the road....that would be cooler.....:macho

Pappy
07-23-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Rico
we need a stupid law I think... If you do something that is more than stupid the cops should be able to smack you in the chops...:blah:

they tested that out with a fella named rodney king:devil:

it didnt go over to well:o

popo
07-23-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
sometimes cops are just in a bad mood(you have no idea what they go thru day in and day out) and just want the f with people, just like everyone else.

Especially when we follow a JACKASS off a cliff. If I only had ma popo tools with! whoop pish one in yur funny bone.....

mxracer89
07-23-2003, 08:18 AM
im glad i did this thread so no one els does the same thing i did. but yes my parents did rip me and all but all i was thinking the whole time was im going to make it one time..

MOFO
07-23-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by popo
Especially when we follow a JACKASS off a cliff. If I only had ma popo tools with! whoop pish one in yur funny bone.....

ROFLMAO!!!

Fender Bender
07-23-2003, 08:38 AM

not that i like being dicks to cops............but..........

Actually, they can give you a ticket. Say it is raining, and you are going 1 mile an hour under the speed limit, well it could be too fast for the conditions. I think that is the basic speed rule...

07-23-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by SickSixD R

thats just me.....

lmao. u shoulda said "As fast as i was goin, do u think im gonna take my eyes off the road to look at the speedometer":huh

07-23-2003, 09:56 AM
well i like running from the cops in west virginia on my blaster. its fun because im goin up and down hills at 50 mph and the cops cant event go 10 mph on them hills with out blowing out a tire from the sharp rocks:D. its so funny to see them blow out a tire and jump outta the car cussing until ther blue in the face:D until one time when they called in the state police:uhoh:

PHIL_B54
07-23-2003, 10:23 AM

a guy i graduated with, was passing two cars on his ninja. if i remember right he was doing an estimated 100mph when he went to pass them and the lead car turned in-front of him

the driver of the car was in the hospital for 3-4 days
he was awake long enough to tell his mom sorry for messing up, he lived for almost a day in a coma

his dad blames himself for helping him get the bike

so ya he only killed himself, but he hurt the girl in the car pretty bad, and his family is messed up too

07-23-2003, 11:02 AM
crazy400ex or whatever your name is,,,,,,(YOUR A HOMO)!!!!!!!

Moral of all the storys!::::::::dont run from the cops or do anything stupid.. well you can do some stupid stuff when noone is around:D but even if you have a fuzz buster you gotta be careful becuz they could have it turned off. In my buddys s10 we were power sliding and we came around a turn with the wheels spinnin and there was a cop right in front of us. luckily looking the other way..

Ex King
07-23-2003, 12:27 PM
yeah, if a deer can go through a window and kill my sisters friends little brother, than a 150 mph machine deffinetly can too sry 2 hear that

Dirt
07-23-2003, 12:27 PM
"Speed of impact = % Fatalities: 19-24 mph=10% , 24-30 mph=47%, 31-36 mph = 73%, 50% of fatalities are hit at speeds less than 30 mph. 50 % of those serious injured are hit at less than 21 mph."

It doesn't take much speed. Rapid Deceleration from 30mph is more than enough to rupture your Aorta... And unless you get into surgery in less than 5 minutes you have very very very little chance of survival.

Ask any veteran paramedic or police officer to discribe some fatal accident scenes that they have seen, and you will be much more careful.....;)

SGA
07-23-2003, 05:43 PM
OK, get this. Where I drive all day is a small island, 15 miles long or so. All roads 2 lane. The fastest stretch we have is 45 MPH, most of the roads are 30 mph. Everyone hauls arse around here, very few do the speed limit, there is a bunch of bluehairs here though, they putt along.
The story: I try to be a careful, courtious driver, obey the speed limit, etc. Well the light turned green, the car behind me was in a hurry, and honked the horn about 2 seconds after it turned green. Well, I said bump that, and putted along at 30 MPH in a 30 MPH zone, just to piss them off. Had a bunch of cars all backed up behind me. Well, i was telling a friend about it, and he said I can get a ticket for that. I said, I was doing the speed limit. He said, "If everyone is doing 75 in a 55, and you are doing 55, you can get a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic. I said no way. So I looked it up on the net, its true!
The flow of traffic over rides the speed limit. You can get a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic, while doing the speed limit, if everyone else is going faster than you.

popo
07-23-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Dirt
Ask any veteran paramedic or police officer to discribe some fatal accident scenes that they have seen, and you will be much more careful.....;)

Thank you Dirt.

You will see a different out look on life when you see an infant baby decapitated. I deal with at least 3 fatals a week. I think racing a quad is a hell allot safer than having to deal with half the social retards driving out there.

My Salute, to the fellow State troopers who see it more.

curtissparks400
07-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by 660LE
I also foudn out some things the cops dont like, such as doing donuts in a parking lot with your dads 2002 corvette an burnouts and all that good stuff, an there was about 15 street bikes there an a few quads doing burnouts an chit to but when the cops came burnign in all the bikes an quads got away clean an i was the only one that couldnt get by them. they only tookmy liscense away for 6 months which isnt bad considering what was going on . but a lesson was learned, make sure i have my radar detector turned on next time!!!!!!

your a dumb $hit, u know that! i hope you DADDY kicked the living $hit out of u for driving his vett like that. your so dumb, what the hell would a radar dector do anyways u idiot.

popo
07-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by curtissparks400
your a dumb $hit, u know that! i hope you DADDY kicked the living $hit out of u for driving his vett like that. your so dumb, what the hell would a radar dector do anyways u idiot.

Ya, what he said. whoop pish

Thanks I got a good laugh at roll call about your radar detector comment.

660LE
07-24-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by curtissparks400
thanks man! its not like my DADDY hasnt ever did donuts or spun the tires with me in the car either. it was all behind his warehouse were there was no one else around just everyone who was doing that and the only reason the cops botherd us is becuase of the smoke they could see from the highway .

07-24-2003, 01:06 AM
Well I can see a couple members pink panties have gotten ruffled so I'm lockin the thread...:blah:

I'm not goin thru and cleaning it up so I'll just lock it...dont' hate me hate those that ruined the thread....:cool: