PDA

View Full Version : which chopper group?

foxracingboy
07-21-2003, 05:20 PM
Which do yall like best? I like both they both make some bad @ss bikes.......

Pappy
07-21-2003, 05:22 PM
i like watchin shows on both.....i geuss if ya want a real hand built chopper either place could do it.....but i think JJ gets the nod if it were my money;)

Ex King
07-21-2003, 05:24 PM
if i was ogign 2 spend 100k on a chopper it would have 2 be built by jessy james

Honda4trax250x
07-21-2003, 05:32 PM
i would have to go with West Coast Jesse James makes some sweet bikes

hessianmx111
07-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i like watchin shows on both.....i geuss if ya want a real hand built chopper either place could do it.....but i think JJ gets the nod if it were my money;)

CHAUNCY
07-21-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Ex King
if i was ogign 2 spend 100k on a chopper it would have 2 be built by jessy james

Bretmd94
07-21-2003, 06:04 PM
im going West Coast all the way. Orange County buys a lot of their stuff and jsut puts them on the chopper. Not much stuff is hand made. Jesse James builds the thing from scratch. watching him make a gas tank is crazy.

West Coast all the way. :macho

Black400
07-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
im going West Coast all the way. Orange County buys a lot of their stuff and jsut puts them on the chopper. Not much stuff is hand made. Jesse James builds the thing from scratch. watching him make a gas tank is crazy.

West Coast all the way. :macho

Couldnt have said it better. But paulys theme bikes are sick.

DiRtySoUthMuD
07-21-2003, 06:41 PM
id have to say west coast hands down..if you can tell me what occ actually fabricates other than seat pans or mounting brakets for fire engine sirens i mean they even get there fenders and frames made off site what bull.. On the other hand i do like there normal choppers but that whole theme crap is the equivalent to looking at a riced out civic just to much bull crap on them..Like jesse james said what ever doesnt fit in your pocket and doesnt let it accelerate faster or stop faster gets left behind.:devil: :devil: :cuss:

Nausty
07-21-2003, 07:15 PM
I like the wcc bikes, don't really like jesse tho. From what i've seen of occ I don't like there theme bikes, dunno about the regular bikes tho.

Really i'd just wanna black chopper kinda like Seth Enslows. Plain, heavy looking and origional.

Crazy4bluEx
07-21-2003, 11:38 PM
WCC no doubt, JJ is the man when it comes 2 building bikes, can someone enlighten me on why he is not on TV building bikes anymore? is the whole he "smuggled" drugs in his frames true? if so what a waste of a good talent.....

Pappy
07-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Crazy4bluEx
WCC no doubt, JJ is the man when it comes 2 building bikes, can someone enlighten me on why he is not on TV building bikes anymore? is the whole he "smuggled" drugs in his frames true? if so what a waste of a good talent.....

id geuss that the money the discovery channel is paying him is a bit more then he is making turning wrenches and the advertising west cc has recieved needs to be factored in as well.

unfortunatley a "kit" bike is all you get for your $50,000 these days....unless its a theme bike or maybe a diablo:devil:

p@iNn3ck
07-22-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by DiRtySoUthMuD
..if you can tell me what occ actually fabricates other than seat pans or mounting brakets for fire engine sirens i mean they even get there fenders and frames made off site what bull..

Bingo..... same goes for wcc now days..... way too much stuff done out-o-shop. Neither one makes a true "custom" bike much anymore. There are plenty of other custom bike builders out there though. And if ya really want custom.... do it yourself. My buddy has built a couple, and I need to get some pics of his last one.....WOW!!! He's now buildin a mini for his kid that looks just like his... with a fat golf cart tire in back!

07-22-2003, 02:50 AM
orange county,just cuz i gotta represent my east side

hondafox440
07-22-2003, 03:24 AM
Isn't Orange County Choppers based out of New York? Hmm..

West Coast Choppers owns. OCC doesn't even make anything, they just think of crazy ideas (most of the time that aren't even that cool) and get all the parts in and assemble it. Jesse makes EVERYTHING by hand, aside from the drive train and painting.

QuAdRaCeR244
07-22-2003, 03:34 AM
West Coast for sure

stepupmx
07-22-2003, 03:38 AM
Orange county and i got 2 of their shirts :D

Scott-300ex
07-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Orange county, all of jesse's bikes look the same, same style and most the time they all have flames of different colors

OCC's bikes are all different and have a lot of thought in them, they make a lot of stuff, like on the camanchee bike, the fenders, the gas tank, and stuff like making the oil tank look like an oxegen tank on the fireman bike

its personal preference but i just think the OCC does more stuff out of the ordinary

buckeye400ex
07-22-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by p@iNn3ck
Bingo..... same goes for wcc now days..... way too much stuff done out-o-shop. Neither one makes a true "custom" bike much anymore. There are plenty of other custom bike builders out there though. And if ya really want custom.... do it yourself. My buddy has built a couple, and I need to get some pics of his last one.....WOW!!! He's now buildin a mini for his kid that looks just like his... with a fat golf cart tire in back!

I dunno, I was in LA, two weeks ago and we drove down to Long Beach to scope out WCC. The side garage door was open and you could see some "in progress" frames on the lifts. One didn't even have the down tube on it. There were also some pretty custom looking street rods, sitting right outside the shop. And I can't remember his name, but the Latino guy that was gonna build Jesse a street rod, looked like he was standing right there. No sign of JJ though.

I think Jesse is probably pretty busy with the Discovery channel stuff and Monster Garage, but that bike he built for Shaq was totally awesome. HUGE!!! I haven't heard anything about drug smugglin, that's news to me. :confused:

I like both places though, that Apache helicopter bike Pauly built was wicked looking. Not as wicked however, as that green thing JJ built and rode to Sturgis. Drooooollll...........

As Dennis Miller says, "Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"

batgeek
07-22-2003, 03:19 PM
i like WCC, but OCC makes some nice bikes also.

if i was going to plop down a bunch of cash, i think i would go with these guys:

Bob Bourget (http://www.bourgets.com)

Ralph
07-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Orange county choppers cause im like 45 min away and im gonna go over to there shop sometime soon..

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by QuAdRaCeR244
West Coast for sure

hell ya :macho

Black400
07-22-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
i like WCC, but OCC makes some nice bikes also.

if i was going to plop down a bunch of cash, i think i would go with these guys:

Bob Bourget (http://www.bourgets.com)

Some of his bikes are sick but some f$cking suck. And that guy doesnt fabricate anything he just has workers do it. As for who fabricates the most of their bikes it would be between JJ and that Billy guy i forgot his name???

07-22-2003, 03:53 PM
I like occ i think there bikes look way better than jj's. But thats my opnion.

roostin_dale
07-22-2003, 04:20 PM
gosh..this is a close choice:confused2

I think i'd have to say...ummmm....OCC

Both of them make some sick arse bikes though!!

hatch440ex
07-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Orange County sick right!!!:D

popo
07-22-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Black400
Some of his bikes are sick but some f$cking suck. And that guy doesnt fabricate anything he just has workers do it. As for who fabricates the most of their bikes it would be between JJ and that Billy guy i forgot his name???

Billy Lane

Choppers Inc (http://www.choppersinc.com/)

OCC and WCC are not true builders. I have competed with the best of them in Easy Rider bike shows. Guys like Paul Yaffee, David Periwitz. Eddie Trotta along with the European builders get the my vote.

If a OCC or WCC bike showed up to a Rats hole bike show, they would be tossed out.

hatch440ex
07-22-2003, 05:44 PM
Piss on your Chopper Inc Pauly and Vinnie kick ***

Sparky416ex
07-22-2003, 05:45 PM
id say orange county

p@iNn3ck
07-23-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by popo
OCC and WCC are not true builders. I have competed with the best of them in Easy Rider bike shows. Guys like Paul Yaffee, David Periwitz. Eddie Trotta along with the European builders get the my vote. If a OCC or WCC bike showed up to a Rats hole bike show, they would be tossed out.

Amen. Check these.....:D http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-025.gif

Yaffe's !!
http://www.paulyaffeoriginals.com/pyo-projects-mryaffe.htm

http://www.paulyaffeoriginals.com/pyo-projects-vhchopper.htm

Perewitz's

http://www.perewitz.com/Joint%20Custody/FrameSet.htm

and definitely Eddies

http://www.eddietrotta.com/

new bike is killer!
http://www.eddietrotta.com/images/280bike.gif