PDA

View Full Version : Technical Training?..What career feild shold i study

"BLAHH"300!!
07-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Hey guys,
I've been searching the net for Idea's, on what career feild i'd like to study. I know i like ATV's, so a Motorcycle technitian might be a nice carrier, but i have a few questions.
How much money should i expect to make in a given year, and how easy/hard would finding a good job be?
owmuch do the class's ussually cost?
Should this be considered a Life-long occupation, or a Trade to fall bak on?

This is what i'd like to accomplish over the next few years.
1) Enrole in a tech-istitute and move to the campus.
2) Graduate the school, and find a job.
3) Move to the location of my new job, and start living, build a life, and settle down.

The motorcycle/ATV tech, shool, (UIT) in Orland Fl,
and Phenix Az. has classes startin every 3 weeks. The web site say's training will last a little over a year, and that they have a 85% job placment rate. This means i could be making a nice"Living" by 2005. The Atv scene seams largest in The Kentuky, and California regions, so that's where i'd want to move to begin my career. I perfer mountians to sand dune's, so Kentuky and North carolina sound good.

I wana make just as much money as the next guy. don't care to be fithy rich, i just want to live in some nice neiborhood, with a nice house, white fence and a dog named spot guarding my wife's new car, and my new quad.
Is ATV for me, or should i choose another feild,

Boats are pretty kool...find a school that tech's you everything from giving the oto a tune up, to patching a hole n th finbrglass....
Airplane's would be a nice career. Learn how to tune tht engine and get alot of money.

What should i used for "Key-words" while sarchin for technical schools like this, on the internet?

"BLAHH"300!!
07-21-2003, 01:03 PM
If you or someone you kow has gone through one of these school's, be i ATV, Marine, or aviation, please goveme some insite.

z400rider23
07-21-2003, 01:53 PM
SPELL CHECK!!!! LOL!!!

p@iNn3ck
07-21-2003, 02:30 PM
Dirtwheels has an ad to become an atv mech. by mail.........

:devil:
:blah:

JUSTINcredible
07-21-2003, 02:31 PM
next year im starting a marine/power sports tech. class at a tech school that is pretty close to where i live so im gonna save some money by living at home

"BLAHH"300!!
07-21-2003, 03:44 PM
,,,,My spell check doesn't work,
I beat some kid to death with it,
and it hassn't worked sence.

wilkin250r
07-21-2003, 03:45 PM
That's a really tough call. If I were you, I'd also take some courses in business management. Unless you own your own shop, you'll always be working for someone else, most often making $14.50/hour (which is not a lot of money). If you work for a well-established shop, you can move up the ladder, perhaps become the technical lead and make a decent living, but that takes many years. Unfortunatly, there are many motorcycle techs out there, and many of them are willing to work for less money than you are.