PDA

View Full Version : Burgard Cycle's New YFZ A-arms are AWESOME!!!!

ZRacer
07-21-2003, 11:10 AM
The A-arms are fully adjustable with Caster and Camber Adjustment. Also, the Ball Joint Housing are built into the A-arm, so they can't break off like conventional Aftermarket A-arms. Also, the Ball Joints are equipped with Grease Jerks. Finally, they don't require reaming of the spindles like most A-arms.

http://www.qis.net/~harlen/burgard/Images/A-Arms-YFZ-Red.jpg

The Factory A-arms are already starting to prove they aren't up to the task. I think Yamaha was more interested in Weight than Durability because this Quad had less than an hour of use by an experienced racer.
http://www.qis.net/~harlen/burgard/Images/YFZ400BentAarm.jpg

wyndzer
07-21-2003, 11:11 AM
wow:eek2:

Bill Fuller
07-21-2003, 11:13 AM
The Factory A-arms are already starting to prove they aren't up to the task. I think Yamaha was more interested in Weight than Durability because this Quad had less than an hour of use by an experienced racer.

And now it begins:rolleyes:

Pappy
07-21-2003, 11:13 AM
lol..mike didnt say he bent it THAT bad:eek:

CHAUNCY
07-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Those stockers look and appear to be WEAK:eek2:

Glow Plug
07-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by ZRacer
http://www.qis.net/~harlen/burgard/Images/YFZ400BentAarm.jpg

oh just an hour let it begin :rolleyes: :eek2:

DEAL
07-21-2003, 11:19 AM
I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that :mad:
But those a-arms look amazing :macho :D

Glow Plug
07-21-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by DEAL
I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that :mad:
But those a-arms look amazing :macho :D

lol are you starting to have second thoughts ?

DEAL
07-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Not a bit.

shee dawg
07-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Not a bit.
bet it would be different if you rode one for 30 minute :)
Its happened every time I let someone on mine.
Is this the only word of an arm bending so far? Ive seen this picture on 5 forums but thats the only one. I may be missing it.

Either way I think those BURGARDS are going to be on order!
Does anyone know where or who sells them?

Pappy
07-21-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by shee dawg
bet it would be different if you rode one for 30 minute :)
Its happened every time I let someone on mine.
Is this the only word of an arm bending so far? Ive seen this picture on 5 forums but thats the only one. I may be missing it.

no its an issue with the new quad unfortunatley

Chef
07-21-2003, 01:14 PM
So then to adjust camber you have to take the top a-arm mount bolt out? I suggest that they redesign that a little bit...:o

MOFO
07-21-2003, 01:17 PM
:eek:

very interesting.

Striker49
07-21-2003, 01:21 PM
Yes, the camber is a little screwed. So the flat-trackers have a PITA job to do.

This is the first time I have heard of the A-Arms bending. We have had no problems of this with our owners at YFZ cent. :ermm:

DEAL
07-21-2003, 01:34 PM
The bent a-arm doesn't surprise me one bit.
Yami can't build arms like honda can , its just a fact.
I don't think any manufacturer has yet built frame components that hold up as well as hondas.

Fibe Industries
07-21-2003, 03:29 PM
Check the rack on the front of that baby there is none That is why they brole for sure

Martin Blair
07-21-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller

And now it begins:rolleyes:

yep

alias
07-21-2003, 04:02 PM
http://www.rriders.com/yfz_bent_a_arm.jpg
:devil:

07-21-2003, 04:16 PM
LMFAO Could it be, problems with a first year yamaha Nah :rolleyes: :devil:

JK (well sort of)

Have to say that the burgard arms look better than their other stuff I have seen b4.

What I dont exactly get since so many people have had negative comments about the rod end ball joints on some of the other mfgs arms so how does using two much smaller rod ends on the mounting end of the arm perform any better???????? ( I know theres more adjustment etc but still dont understand any other benefits)

And just for ****z and giggles from experience I know the only difference between the "built in ball joints" and the "ones popular in aftermarket arms" is the threaded part of the rod end. They both use a ball and socket type bushing/bearing and that is where the wear will be on either, but the built in obviously will take a harder hit and transfer it into the frame more.

Still not sure what is better so any edumacated replies are welcome.

JHF219
07-21-2003, 04:21 PM
So what really happened to that a-arm? i have seen some pretty impressive stuff done on the new yamaha(jump sizes and hieght) but have yet to see one bend like that ?! there is one of them in the local area and the guy has been riding it pretty hard ?! so who can answer the mysterious question of WHAT HAPPENED??!!!!

Striker49
07-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by alias
http://www.rriders.com/yfz_bent_a_arm.jpg
:devil:

:rolleyes:

Can anyone explain what happened...maybe they could show proof of this happening on other bikes?

You guys should really cut the bashin out until you diagnose the problem. :rolleyes:

rigged400ex
07-21-2003, 04:26 PM
thats what you get for buying yama****:rolleyes:

trx400ex
07-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Ive done the exact same thing to a BURGARD aarm only worse....whats up though, looks like it hit something hard and it isnt yamahas fault if he did.... i trashed many stock 400ex aarms....but my stock banshee arms are good as new

people just have to bash the yfz cause if they start to believe its not a good quad they feel better

07-21-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by rigged400ex
thats what you get for buying yama****:rolleyes: woohoo!...btw nice advertisement for Burgards :rolleyes:

Pappy
07-21-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
woohoo!...btw nice advertisement for Burgards :rolleyes:

check the advertisers banners at the bottom of the page...lmfao

07-21-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
check the advertisers banners at the bottom of the page...lmfao
no thanx .. :D dont need no yammi parts..LMFAO;)

Z400sTyLe
07-21-2003, 04:39 PM
PIECE OF JUNK YANAHA!!!!! Forget the YFZ forget the Z400 I'm gonna stick with a old beat up straight framed,swing armed, and axle 400EX!!!

;) :D lol It seemed suiting...:p

But for real if...uhhh...I mean WHEN I get some more toys,I will just stick to the Pred and a Shee. I like em all though. :) Whatever ya ride you can have fun on. That is just my prefferance for now. lol

07-21-2003, 04:49 PM
i love my ex....some more mods this winter it will be even better

Sparky416ex
07-21-2003, 04:55 PM
HOW DID IT HAPPEN....a-arms just dont bend like that

do they?

Pappy
07-21-2003, 05:04 PM
i asked the rider if he wrecked and he said no. i would imagine he pegged atree with that tire and the arm caved in. i would have bet money it was an upper and when i saw the pic it shocked me

shee dawg
07-21-2003, 05:27 PM
I have owned my YFZ weeks after its release and hit every forum just to keep in check with any issues it may have.
Even if they were proven to be an issue, which as far as I have seen and heard they are not. I planned to replace them anyway.
Anyone buying this quad with the intention of racing it (any quad for that matter) will swap the A arms. Ive seen one picture of ONE a arm on like 5 sites and thats it maybe go back to the issue about the hard seat it works better I can vouch for that!
Anyone can break an a-arm, its just as easy coming down with all its weight on one of the front wheels. Anyone who doesnt know this should get back on their bigwheels. I have done it. I have a pile of DS arms sitting downstairs. Sh#T I can drop the DS off the trailer and do that kind of damage. The EX arms bend just as easy when coming down in an awkard way. Unless you just wheelie it everywhere.
What Im getting at is if the A arm is the only weak link. Id be really happy but 4 years of testing before being released and ridden harder then most of us could I took the gamble to buy a 1ST year bike and its paying off BIG.
Anyone who sits thier a55 on that hard seat cant say enough once they get off ;) Go ahead plop you butt down on the next one in the group cuse there will be ALOT OF THEM and tear it up a bit.

Sparky416ex
07-21-2003, 06:06 PM
i asked the rider if he wrecked and he said no. i would imagine he pegged atree with that tire and the arm caved in. i would have bet money it was an upper and when i saw the pic it shocked me

same here....those aluminum upper a-arms kinda scare me...but all they are doin is holding the wheel straight up and down...right?

07-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Striker49
:rolleyes:

Can anyone explain what happened...maybe they could show proof of this happening on other bikes?

You guys should really cut the bashin out until you diagnose the problem. :rolleyes:

ummm looks like the explanation is simple, it bent :D

woohoo!...btw nice advertisement for Burgards

Funny how I dont even notice that Bs anymore. Oh well to each his own.

465Stroker
07-21-2003, 11:23 PM
I think the A-arm thing is a freak incident. I would have to guess that Chris Borich has already taken his YFZ beyond the limit that Mike did to cause that damage. I for a fact know that Traci nor Chris has had any chassis failures or any failures with the YFZ for that matter. Traci has had her YFZ well over 20' in the air so far...

ZRacer
07-22-2003, 12:44 AM
Hey Rick, Chris did have a problem with his front end this weekend at the end of the race. He didn't know exactly went wrong, but he mentioned it wasn't steering properly. I guess we will have to wait to see what he finds to be the problem.

Pappy
07-22-2003, 01:09 AM

Anyone who sits thier a55 on that hard seat cant say enough once they get off ;) Go ahead plop you butt down on the next one in the group cuse there will be ALOT OF THEM and tear it up a bit.

amen....i cant wait to try it out. i would think you are correct with new owners replacing the normal parts. i hope they get the bugs worked out and fast cuz i may just have to add one to my collection:D

Ben
07-22-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
woohoo!...btw nice advertisement for Burgards :rolleyes:

Burgard is a major sponsor of the Project 400ex and as such they are free to promote their products. ;) I can't wait to see what they release for the new Honda sport quad :eek: :D

KrazyKid300ex
07-22-2003, 06:19 AM
What new Honda Sport quad:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

JHF219
07-22-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by KrazyKid300ex
What new Honda Sport quad:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

the new honda sport quad is a myth just like the great white shark JAWS!! !! many people claim to know its there and that it exist but no one has seen it !! the myth has been flying around for years with no proof that it even exist no pictures just tales of this beast !! :ermm: :confused2 :mad:

KrazyKid300ex
07-22-2003, 06:38 AM
i bet it will kick ***** though

Pappy
07-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by JHForman250R
the new honda sport quad is a myth just like the great white shark JAWS!! !!

does this mean i can install a shark tooth bumper on mine and bite you in the arse when i fly by:eek:

shee dawg
07-22-2003, 08:04 AM
does this mean i can install a shark tooth bumper on mine and bite you in the arse when i fly by OH OH look out LAND SHARK!!! the worst feared in the country the notorious PAPPY SHARK:D

KrazyKid300ex
07-22-2003, 08:15 AM
When i see Pappy shark coming i get outta the way. He runs like a raped ape.:eek:

Pappy
07-22-2003, 08:16 AM
LAND SHARK!!!

lmfao.....thats the funniest stuff SNL ever did...well that and smoking the chicken:huh

JHF219
07-22-2003, 08:28 AM
does this mean i can install a shark tooth bumper on mine and bite you in the arse when i fly by:eek:

pappy we also know that its a myth about any honda quad being faster then a yamaha !! :D j/p !! no you cant bite me on the arse !! i dont swing that way !! also since when were you gay!? you like biting guys asses now ?!

Pappy
07-22-2003, 08:30 AM
lol...just to clarify it was in reference to the bumper biting the *** end off that yammy:macho lmao

everyone knows im a lesbian for life:rolleyes: :devil:

JHF219
07-22-2003, 08:39 AM
lol...just to clarify it was in reference to the bumper biting the *** end off that yammy:macho lmao

everyone knows im a lesbian for life:rolleyes: :devil:

Just checking cause it sounded like you wanted to bite my *** and i dont think that would be right !!:o :ermm:

07-22-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by JHForman250R
since when were you gay!? you like biting guys asses now ?! :huh

TheRedRebel17
07-27-2003, 05:46 AM
everyone knows im a lesbian for life

:eek: :uhoh: :huh

Lehr 110
07-27-2003, 03:32 PM
ok has anyone actually picked up these a arms...i know why it bent like that... the a arms can't weigh more than 10 ounces!!!!!
they spared way too much weight for reliability and that will be the downfall