PDA

View Full Version : Faulty ITP wheels

01-18-2002, 01:28 PM
My wife bought me some polished aluminum ITP wheels for Christmas to go on the paddles my in-laws bought me.(Christmas rules!)Anyway, I had them mounted up and immediatly one of em went flat.Seems the wheel had a faulty weld on it and it was leaking between the two pieces.My dealer sent it back no questions asked .Anyone else have this problem?

01-18-2002, 02:02 PM
I've purchased 2 complete sets of douglas rims,,the first sets the rear wheels leaked from day one,,I put some fix a flat in them and no more leaks..I wouldn't recommend that now though. I've also bought a complete set of rims and tires last year and one of the rears leaked from day one. But I think it was because one of the nipples on the tire got caught in between the bead,,had it busted off the bead and reseated it and it's been OK..But I don't think it's uncommon for new rims and tires to leak,,or at least it's not for me..

MOFO
01-18-2002, 02:30 PM
A buddy of mine that bought ITP rims had the same problems. One of his "new" wheels started to leak. He could not find the leak, so he threw it into his pool. The mofo'in wheel was leaking at the weld...where the wheel is put together. Instead of taking it back, he just filled it with some JB weld. It worked pretty good....he has since sold the quad (Raptor) so I dont know if it is still holding up. Either way, this is one of the reasons i am a huge fan of OEM wheels from Honda. They just seem to be stronger and I like the rolled lip on the edge.

Eric