PDA

View Full Version : Wayne National Forest - 7/26-7/27

400ex Magnum
07-21-2003, 04:58 AM
There is going to be a big group of riders (many from this forum) at the Wayne National Forest - Athens area this weekend. We are staying at Camp Ohio and hitting the trails on Saturday. We top off a great ride on Saturday with a big picnic on Saturday night. Anybody wanting to join us, jump in here and say so.

buckeye400ex
07-21-2003, 05:57 AM
You know I'll be there. Should be a pretty good sized crowd even if half the people that say they're coming show up. I think JBJr is getting a new chain for his R. He'll be a blast to ride with.

Rodarbal
07-21-2003, 09:45 AM
Me and my buds were already planning a trip that weekend. Saturday, we're meeting at the Dorr Run trail head off 33 around 9:30-10am. Maybe we'll run into y'all at Monday Creek or something. :D We're all originally from Logan, OH, but have moved all over the state (Akron, Athens and Dayton). Hopefully the rangers were able to tend to the trails since last month; the ruts have been getting pretty bad lately.

-RJ-

400ex Magnum
07-21-2003, 09:59 AM
RJ

Cool. Look out for us. We should be down to Dorr Run sometime on Saturday. I was there on the 12th of July and they had done some work to Dorr Run. Watch out for those ill timed speed bumps they put in. They put these stupid speed bumps in the worst places.

To spot our group, look for this most likely combination of riders:

Several red 400ex
One or two yellow 400ex
One green KFX 400
One or two Orange V-Force's with big dudes on them
One black 250r
One Predator

The easiest way to find us is to look for a bigger dude on the orange V-Force. He usually has the front wheels off the ground.

That should be somewhat what our group looks like. We have a lot more people camping, we just usually split into groups, ie sport bikes, fast utilities, slow utilities.

Rodarbal
07-21-2003, 10:20 AM
Cool! We'll be on the lookout for the vforce with the big dude riding two wheels up. LOL! Our group will have the following:

one yella 400EX (mine)
one black Raptor (with a BIG dude riding it)
one red 300EX (little dude)
one white Warrior
one red 250EX (my buddy's gf with tig ol' bitties)
one yella Z400 with NO decals (zip, zero, nada)

I'll talk to the guys this week to see what they're doing Sat night; maybe we'll crash your picnic. :D We're all amicable so you don't have to worry about us causing a ruckus. We'll also be riding Sunday morning.

-RJ-

Jennys440'Dale
07-22-2003, 12:53 AM
Ooh, ooh (raising hand) I'll be there!! :muscle: Can't wait to ride! Worked on the quad last night and I think she is ready. I think she has been happy ever since I put the #20 sticker on her! Go Tony Stewart!

Rodarbal -stop on over by Camp Ohio after you get done riding, meet ther rest of us.

400ex Magnum
07-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Rodarbal
LOL! Our group will have the following:

one red 250EX (my buddy's gf with tig ol' bitties)

-RJ-

I am sure that either Buckeye or I will spot that quad. :eek2: Ha. Stop into Camp Ohio. We should be taking up the center section of the campground. Ask for the ATV Time group (another forum). Ask for either Magnum, Jenny, or Buckeye. We will have plenty of food, but bring your own beer.

Oh yeah, another way to find us is to look for the girl on the yellow 400ex with the broken left pinky finger sticking out of her fox gloves. That would be Jenny's400ex. Won't go into how it got broke though.

Jennys440'Dale
07-22-2003, 01:10 AM
Yea, RJ-- if you see Magnum, watch out. He has a temper. My broken pinky is proof. ;)

I think Phillip will be the first one to spot the lady with the tig ol' bitties. Watch out RJ, Phillip is a smooth one.

Rodarbal
07-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Well, our one friend, Fred (with the Z400) has to back out. He works for AEP in Athens and is scheduled to work all day Saturday. Sorry guys, his GF with the TOB's probably won't ride without him. :ermm: They might join us on Sunday, though.

I'm still not sure what's on for my buds for Sat evening, but if we do come out later look out for an all-black Expedition with a CB antennae on top. Most likely it'll just be me and Moose (big guy).

See ya!

-RJ-