PDA

View Full Version : Most comfortable gear?

hondafox440
07-21-2003, 04:15 AM
I'm in the market for some new gear. These black Shift baggies are killer in the summer. I want regular under the boot pants, but loose fitting ones. What do you guys think about the Thor AC-5s? I've also been looking at some No Fear gear, namely the Elektron line. Opinions?

07-21-2003, 04:43 AM
i love my no fear tank pants, the crotch is stretch material and they have a inner lining, its the best stuff imo the quality and everything is better than any other gear ive had,the jersey i have is the superstock , its very good for cool weather and looks better than the tank jersey, easy to wash em too, id post pics but..ya know

hessianmx111
07-21-2003, 04:49 AM
i have the shift squadron pants/shorts, and the shift ride 3/4 sleeve jersey and i love them both. nothing beats a good pair of shorts on a hot day and a mesh jersey. but the pants are awesome for cold weather too. just slap on a hoody and your set.

hondafox440
07-21-2003, 05:01 AM
Thanks, but I want under the boot pants? AKA standard MX pants.. I have baggies (Shift Recon) now, and they are awesome in the fall, but they get so friggin hot in the summer.

hessianmx111
07-21-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Did you guys read the part about "Under the boot pants"? I have baggies (Shift Recon) now, and they are awesome in the fall, but they get so friggin hot in the summer.
yeah and did you read my part about the pants zipping off into shorts.

hondafox440
07-21-2003, 05:20 AM
Yep, but I can't race in shorts or shot sleeves. "Must have long pants and long sleeve jersey"... :ermm:

07-21-2003, 05:28 AM
i hear the no fear attack is the most comfortable pants out there, they go in your boot but look kinda like shorts but they are pants, all the mags wrere saying how awesoem they were

hondafox440
07-21-2003, 05:32 AM
Yea I was reading about them. Has anyone tried the Thor AC5s or Fox 180s? I'm kind of a big guy (not fat, a little husky) so I want something baggy, not made for like anorexic people..

07-21-2003, 05:36 AM
the fox 180s are nice but i think there a lil over priced, the skin industries pants and jersey are nice too..

nacs400ex
07-21-2003, 05:58 AM
I got no fear Elektron stuff, I would have to say that is the most comfortable gear I have ever worn. I have worn, shift, fox, and msr. Thors are alright they just dont have the quality no fear does. I have kevlar on my pants, lol I havent seen any other companies with that. My pants also breathe when your riding around.

hessianmx111
07-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Yea I was reading about them. Has anyone tried the Thor AC5s or Fox 180s? I'm kind of a big guy (not fat, a little husky) so I want something baggy, not made for like anorexic people..
well if i were you id try the thor core line ive got some core 3s also and they breathe well and are pretty baggy but not so much to where it gets in the way or whatever. the fox 180s also look pretty good for the price. might even try the axo pants i dont know the model name but they are 90 bux in dennis kirk and look really good.

QuadJunkies
07-21-2003, 07:24 AM
whatever you buy.DONT GO WITH THE AXO zip out pants..they re soooooo hot!!:( You instantly sweat in them,even when zipped out into shorts.but I love my Shift camo shirt.it breathes better than any other shirt I have owned......:cool:

hondafox440
07-21-2003, 07:32 AM
My dad has a set of Phase 3 gear and Core 3 gear. I like the Core. Hell, I would take them from him if the jersey was an L instead of an XL and if it wasn't bright green. I think I may stick with my Shift gear untill the end of the season and wait untill Bobs Cycle does thier annual blowout sale and pick something up cheap.

J-06
07-21-2003, 11:07 AM
FreeRide you got tank series? Iam looking at them they breathe well and everything?

MojaveKing
07-21-2003, 11:20 AM
No Fear Elektron .......Silver....PIMP!!! that looks for SWEET!!! and HIP!
pimp gear :D :D i dont have it..but looks good!!:cool: :cool:

MxDale71
07-21-2003, 01:43 PM
My Core 5 gear keeps me pretty cool so I think the AC gear would be REALLY good.

I just ordered mine a little over a week ago and got it last wednesday and it fits great. The prices are usually $140 for the pants and $50 for the jersey but they were trying to get rid of all fo the 03 gear because they were getting the 04 gear in. So I got my jersey, pants, and a $60 stand for just a little over $200 shipped. I think I got the jersey for $39, and the pants for $100. I'm 6'2" and I thought I would need a large jersey but all that Rocky Mountain had left was XL so I got that and it fits perfect. You might wanna call RockyMountain MC/ATV, to see if you can get some gear from there for a good discounted price. They are, IMO the best company to order from.

Dune Surfer
07-21-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
whatever you buy.DONT GO WITH THE AXO zip out pants..they re soooooo hot!!:( You instantly sweat in them,even when zipped out into shorts.but I love my Shift camo shirt.it breathes better than any other shirt I have owned......:cool:

when it's 95 in Idaho, everything is hot !!!

AtvMxRider
07-21-2003, 03:20 PM
I have Thor core 4 pants and a Thor Ac jersey and I stay pretty cool in them. The pants have a silk half liner in them.

QuadJunkies
07-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
when it's 95 in Idaho, everything is hot !!! This is true.....:p

abcracing
07-21-2003, 05:17 PM
check out GS3 gear i have been wearing it for 3 years now and they keep getting better and better every year.ther are very cool which is nice when its hot but when its chilly u'll be cold in them. there website is gs3clothing.com check em out there sweet and they have a hot model on there site also lol