PDA

View Full Version : Best Exhaust?

EXrider03
07-21-2003, 03:55 AM
I own a 2003 400ex. Which is stock. I have been searching around for a new Slip On exhaust. My question is, which is the BEST Slip On that is LOUD, gives LOTS OF POWER, and SOUNDS GOOD at the same time. Ive looked at the LRD Exhaust but the only problem is, ive never heard it. I also like the HMF, but never heard it either. Any suggestions?

Dave400ex
07-21-2003, 04:13 AM
I wouldn't be trying to get a loud pipe on purpose. The LRD, HMF, and a TC would all be good pipes. You couldn't go wrong with any of those.

EXrider03
07-21-2003, 04:30 AM
I like the LRD...But I dont want anything thats quiet, like supertrapp if you catch my drift... I want somthing you can hear me coming for miles :D Ok between the LRD and HMF, which sounds the best?

Dave400ex
07-21-2003, 04:34 AM
Well ask Pappy he has an LRD and HMF. I think the LRD might give more power...

skemp
07-21-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by EXrider03
I want somthing you can hear me coming for miles :D

No you don't. You will get sick of it, and so will anybody around you. If you really do want something that loud, get a DG or Cobra. They are loud as hell and cheap to boot. Loud does not equal power, I will tell you that much. Honestly, however, as far as sound and power go, I like HMF. Good rideable power, great looks, and a nice sound. :)

flyin#5
07-21-2003, 05:52 AM
well my friend has an R4 silencer and its loud as he!!. it was cool to begin with but it kind of just gets annoying after a while. plus when your riding behind them it actually hurts your ears when they rev it up.

07-21-2003, 07:47 AM
I just got my hmf and it is way louder than my old whitebros. I reccomend a Hmf. The Lrd is a good pipe but i doubtit makes much more power than a hmf. Plus the hmf is way cheaper.

EXrider03
07-21-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by skemp
No you don't. You will get sick of it, and so will anybody around you. skemp, please dont try to tell me what I like and what I dont. im not stupid when it comes to quads, ive had bikes before with exhaust. i know what its like to be heard from miles away. my neighbors all have loud exhaust, and i DO like it. i just dont want an exhaust that everyone else has, or ive had before.

sprtrx300ex
07-21-2003, 02:17 PM
I think what he is tryin to say is that not everyone likes to hear an exhaust pipe all the time. The noise from pipes carries and can get annoying. This is one of the leading factors why many tracks have been shut down. There is already enough people against atv's, so why add to the cause?
It is best to get a pipe that you can add a quiet core to for riding in areas where sound is a factor. You can always take out the quiet core when you go to a track. I recomend the White Bros. E-series. I plan on getting one for my 300 soon.
Im not tryin to flame or anything just stating my opinion.

EXrider03
07-21-2003, 02:49 PM
Honestly, I dont care what other people think. I may ride around where there are lots of people but I dont go hog wild and blow there ears off. When I goto the woods thats where I start getting jumpy.

mopar 400
07-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Sparks x-6 is the pipe to run....... Very good gaines.:macho

AtvMxRider
07-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 93 300ex
I just got my hmf and it is way louder than my old whitebros. I reccomend a Hmf. The Lrd is a good pipe but i doubtit makes much more power than a hmf. Plus the hmf is way cheaper.

Who cares what you have.:rolleyes: .............lol

AtvMxRider
07-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Honestly, I dont care what other people think. I may ride around where there are lots of people but I dont go hog wild and blow there ears off. When I goto the woods thats where I start getting jumpy.

You'll care when you don't have a place to ride because of a loud *** pipe:huh .

EXrider03
07-21-2003, 03:21 PM
My neighbors dont mind. Weve rode around the neighborhood forever with loud exhaust, no complaints yet. OH and can you guys not answer a simple question? I asked which pipe is best. I didnt say nothing about wanting to wake up my neighbors.

sprtrx300ex
07-21-2003, 03:49 PM
do a search

Bender
07-21-2003, 05:26 PM
I think now a days, everyone seems to be making a good pipe. I don't think you can really go wrong with any decent company. All the gains are close with all the manufactures. It's not really rocket sciecnce. Pick one you like the looks of. If it's not loud enough for you, gut it I guess? I like Sparks or CT.

pnut420
07-21-2003, 07:18 PM
My neighbors dont mind. Weve rode around the neighborhood forever with loud exhaust, no complaints yet. OH and can you guys not answer a simple question? I asked which pipe is best. I didnt say nothing about wanting to wake up my neighbors.

You want us to start naming some pipes that arent so good or what, all the good pipes have been stated. now its up to you to decide on which pipe according to price, etc... With an attitude like you have though, its hard to get help help on this board, its like people dont like younger kids attitudes.:confused: ;)